Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-10-2018, 01:45   #1
Sheepdish1

Cat has gone missing. **UPDATE! She's home :D**

I know it is OTT but I’m quite upset tonight. Let my little cat out this morning and she’s vanished and hasn’t come back all day. She usually just potters close by and comes back straight away when called darts straight in to me or a after a couple of minutes max

She’s never been out overnight and I’m so worried about her I can’t skeep. It’s more because she’s quite scared of people / cars / everything really as she was quite sick when young as she was abandoned and found at just a couple of weeks. She’s so small she looks like a kitten still and was so sick when I got her a couple of years ago. It’s halloween in a few weeks

She’s helped me quite a lot during hard times just cheering me up being so cute. I just want her back.

Last edited by DBB; 01-11-2018 at 13:47. Reason: Updating title
Advertisement
01-10-2018, 01:49   #2
Baybay

There’s every chance she’ll breeze in, have food & sleep peacefully all day tomorrow & I hope she does.
Thanks from:
01-10-2018, 01:50   #3
Cherry Blossom

Is there a window you can leave open overnight in case she comes back?

Tomorrow check with neighbours to see has she been accidently locked in to someone's house or garden shed or something.
(2) thanks from:
01-10-2018, 01:57   #4
Sheepdish1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Blossom View Post
Is there a window you can leave open overnight in case she comes back?

Tomorrow check with neighbours to see has she been accidently locked in to someone's house or garden shed or something.
Hi thank you for reply. I say she has wandered off and gotten lost as she’s too nervous to approach people and would imagine she’d be too nervous to go near someone else’s house due to different smell etc. I’ve mentioned it to them anyway.

I can’t leave window open unfortunately as it wouldn’t be safe to do that where I live. There’s no sheds in neighbouring houses for her to get locked into she literally freezes and runs away when she sees people I think I’m going to go out and look for her in car
01-10-2018, 02:01   #5
Sheepdish1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baybay View Post
There’s every chance she’ll breeze in, have food & sleep peacefully all day tomorrow & I hope she does.
Thank you for giving me some hope. I know I’m being silly but I just hate the thought of her being injured / sick / scared. I think I’ll invest in a tracking collar as I don’t like not being able to find her. We love her so much
Advertisement
01-10-2018, 02:58   #6
Samhain

Proven to work....hope you find her. https://www.google.ie/amp/s/lifehack...1789542327/amp
(2) thanks from:
01-10-2018, 06:12   #7
Addle

Hopefully she'll return when she's hungry OP.
My moggie disappears for around 24 hours every now and then, but returns eventually.
01-10-2018, 07:12   #8
Graces7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdish1 View Post
Thank you for giving me some hope. I know I’m being silly but I just hate the thought of her being injured / sick / scared. I think I’ll invest in a tracking collar as I don’t like not being able to find her. We love her so much
You are not being silly... you are a good cat owner is all even living on a small island now I am never happy until and unless I know where my three are..

She is maybe feeling more secure and confident?
01-10-2018, 07:26   #9
_Brian

Either of our two go off for maybe two days at a time, we panic each time.

So far they’ve come back, one was gone five days.

We’re relatively new to cats, but I think it’s quite typical.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-10-2018, 10:09   #10
delta42

Are you in Kilbride area?
01-10-2018, 10:14   #11
looksee
She'll be back, its what cats do. I have one of those scaredy cats, she is a complete fruitcake, will jump at her own shadow and sometimes backs away from me as though I beat her regularly (then she sleeps on my bed snuggled up to me). She has done her share of disappearing and coming back. You can't help worrying, but she will return!
Thanks from:
01-10-2018, 12:02   #12
Graces7

My big butch looking wimp once left home as I was feeding a feral who used to chase him up trees.... Then a neighbout who was fixing in a washing machine mentioned a cat there then would not tell me what colour it was.

I sent someone round to check and late one night the cat arrived home in a car that took off at speed.

The neighbour later told my landlord , "The mistake I made was feeding it,"

Thought it was a starving stray and locked it in the shed.

They will tear the heart out of you, these cats
Thanks from:
01-10-2018, 19:28   #13
black forest

Is she chipped? Then you can call the local vets and shelters. May be someone in your neighbourhood mistook her for a kitten and brought her there. You can call up and ask with a good description of your cat anyway.

A local FaceBook group might help as well. Make sure that you post on your page publicly a picture of your cat. Then share it in the local group. So everybody there can share it as well. Otherwise it would be technically not possible.

Best tip: Get yourself a powerfull torch and go out in the night. Call her and listen carefully. When she is in reach you´ll hear her. Nights are a lot quiter than the days, less people and cars. This will help immensly. That´s the way i found my cat once just 30m from my home in the basement of an appartment building.

Another time i put up A5 papers with her picture, a description and my phone number at various lamp posts in my area as well as in shops, the local pub and whatever. After eight days i got a phone call from the driving school nearly opposite of my flat. And there she was hiding in the basement, the rascal.

Please don´t forget to collect these papers after a while or when you have been sucessful. Not just out of pleasentry but then people know that they don´t have to look any further. And the place is free for the next one. Cat owners are always active and looking for missing cats. I got at least 10 wrong calls of sightings before the right one came in. So just don´t give up.

Over here in Germany there is a private non profit organisation called „Tasso“. There every owner can get his/her pet registered for free inclusive chip number, description, address and picture of the pet. This will be like a fact sheet or „Wanted“ poster. One can save all that on their server and store it on ones own computer as well. In case of a missing you can print it out quite fast and put it up all over the place.

https://www.tasso.net/Tierregister/T...kate-bestellen

Registered animals can be found very fast because as they are activly checking the chips number with all vets and shelters in your area. Which you can do yourself on their site anyway for free. Very good idea and perfectly executed. Don´t think that there is something like that in operation in Ireland.

But you can always get a fact sheet together for immidiate print out for yourself anyway.

Good luck and a thumps up.
(2) thanks from:
01-10-2018, 19:35   #14
aonb

Did your little cat come home?
(4) thanks from:
02-10-2018, 00:37   #15
Sheepdish1

hi, just in from searching in torrential rain with a torch and no joy At least she'll have water though as there'll be puddles.

Have posted on all local fb pages and contacted shelters, posted on their pages and nothing.

Have contacted all local vets too as she is microchipped and have put up posters in vets and shop near me. Actually someone recognised poster from facebook post as photo is very clear and taken on good camera , she is a bit of celeb now

Going to stick them to trees tomorrow. didnt want to tonight as it is raining too heavy. Going to number the posters so I know how many to collect and I just thought I really should put a date on it.
Litter tray left outside too....

Hopefully she'll just stroll up tomorrow as if nothing happened
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion