1. Predict the "IMT" (Irish Mean Temperature), an average for five locations, Claremorris, Mullingar, Casement, Oak Park and Shannon, for October. The average for 1981-2010 was 10.1 C.
2. Predict the MAX, highest temperature at any of 25 reporting stations as listed on the met.ie website under "yesterday's weather" during the month of October.
3. Predict the MIN, lowest temperature at any of 25 reporting stations as listed on the met.ie website under "yesterday's weather" during the month of October.
4. Predict the PRC, average precip for eleven locations including the five listed above in addition to Malin Head, Ballyhaise, Belmullet, Johnstown Castle, Cork and Valentia, as a percentage of normal (which would be 100%).
5. Predict the SUN, average sunshine for six locations (Belmullet, Casement, Dublin, Shannon, Cork, Valentia) as a percentage of normal.
6. BONUS: What will be the low maximum temperature for 31st October, and at what location? Seven points for the temperature, three for location and superbonus available. Location points will be three for exact, two for any of three next lowest, one point for any location colder than Gurteen.
Here is the entry for NormaL ...
NormaL _______ 10.1 _ 20.2 _ -2.7 _ 100 _ 100 _ 6.0 (loc'n by climatology)
Deadline: 0300h Monday 1st of October, penalties same as usual.
Good luck !!