Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-09-2018, 19:25   #1
Davy
Category Moderator

Free Echo Dot with Irish Times Subscription

Free Amazon Echo Dot when signup for Irish times subscription for 6 months. Sign-up HERE @ Irish Times

If you have no interest in the Irish times its cheaper to just buy the echo dot for €49 on its own!

First month €1, then pay €4 each week. Echo dot is delivered after the first month.

T&C's

Quote:
iii. This promotion is subject to a six month contract period. You may cancel your subscription at any time during your first month of service. Your Echo Dot device will be delivered following commencement of second month’s service, after which time you agree to enter into a six month contract period. Cancellation will not be permitted during this time.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
26-09-2018, 21:09   #2
ablelocks

going by the picture on the offer page, it looks like it might the gen 2 dot - gen 3 is out early october.

I've emailed them to confirm which one they will include in the offer....

Last edited by ablelocks; 26-09-2018 at 21:14.
26-09-2018, 21:23   #3
Davy
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablelocks View Post
going by the picture on the offer page, it looks like it might the gen 2 dot - gen 3 is out early october.

I've emailed them to confirm which one they will include in the offer....
As the 3rd Gen is only on Pre-order I would say chances are slim. This is an offer to get rid of the older models but specwise they are nearly the same.
27-09-2018, 15:23   #4
asharkman

Existing Customer?

I'm currently a subscriber. wonder if they'll give me the offer. or do i have to cancel and sign up as a new user.
I've an echo and it's great, i'd love to get a second one for.... no reason at all.
(2) thanks from:
27-09-2018, 15:25   #5
asharkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by asharkman View Post
I'm currently a subscriber. wonder if they'll give me the offer. or do i have to cancel and sign up as a new user.
I've an echo and it's great, i'd love to get a second one for.... no reason at all.
it really annoys me when companies hate their existing customers:
i. The offer is available to new subscribers only; existing subscribers are not eligible to avail of the offer.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
27-09-2018, 18:14   #6
Mr.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by asharkman View Post
it really annoys me when companies hate their existing customers:
i. The offer is available to new subscribers only; existing subscribers are not eligible to avail of the offer.
Just sign up under a new email address.
Thanks from:
03-10-2018, 14:04   #7
asharkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.S View Post
Just sign up under a new email address.
Even better, they called me with a random survey and i asked them could i get it. the person asked their manager and boom.

They signed me up for a 6 month contract, exactly the same as what I've always been on but i get the echo dot in December.
I'm signed up for the digital package and get the Saturday paper delivered to my house.

Happy days! Cheers guys.
(5) thanks from:
03-10-2018, 14:13   #8
Mr E
Administrator

Well done! If you don't ask, you'll never know.
Thanks from:
05-10-2018, 20:07   #9
ablelocks

finally got them to confirm - as suspected, they bought a load of the gen 2 in bulk and are now hoping that they'll get enough subscribers to get rid of them all....
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
07-10-2018, 23:11   #10
donalh087

"You may cancel your subscription at any time during your first month of service. Your Echo Dot device will be delivered following commencement of second month’s service, after which time you agree to enter into a six month contract period. Cancellation will not be permitted during this time."

So is it a seven month contract then? Or 6?
10-10-2018, 15:00   #11
ablelocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by donalh087 View Post
"You may cancel your subscription at any time during your first month of service. Your Echo Dot device will be delivered following commencement of second month’s service, after which time you agree to enter into a six month contract period. Cancellation will not be permitted during this time."

So is it a seven month contract then? Or 6?
I'm taking it as 7 - the first month for €1, the next 6 at €16. works out at just under €14 a month for the 7 months.

edit, previous subscribers can't get the €1 for the first month, but can still re-subscribe and get the echo.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion