Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-09-2018, 10:04   #1
cruisey1987

Dublin Bus shelter in Boroimhe Swords STILL out of use

Hi folks,
I've noticed the Bus shelter near Super Valu in Boroimhe, Swords has been out of action for over a year now. It's Stop 5029 for anyone looking on the website.
Does anyone know why it's out of use and when it'll be restored? There's nothing visibly wrong with it, they even put in a new bin some months ago, but for some reason they're still making everyone board at the "temporary" stop down the road (with no shelter and where the pavement is really narrow)
I've emailed Dublin Bus but they'll probably take 2-3 months to get back, so hoping someone here has some more information to hand.
Advertisement
07-09-2018, 13:01   #2
Losty Dublin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisey1987 View Post
Hi folks,
I've noticed the Bus shelter near Super Valu in Boroimhe, Swords has been out of action for over a year now. It's Stop 5029 for anyone looking on the website.
Does anyone know why it's out of use and when it'll be restored? There's nothing visibly wrong with it, they even put in a new bin some months ago, but for some reason they're still making everyone board at the "temporary" stop down the road (with no shelter and where the pavement is really narrow)
I've emailed Dublin Bus but they'll probably take 2-3 months to get back, so hoping someone here has some more information to hand.
Dublin Bus don't provide the shelters so they won't be the ones to repair it or that. Try https://www.jcdecaux.ie and they may know better for you
08-09-2018, 22:05   #3
mickmmc

From reading the local press the Councillors complained that the bus stop was a traffic hazard. They were complaining that there is a bend in the road and when the bus was stopped at the bus stop there was dangerous overtaking taking place from the Rivervalley approach. An engineer visited the bus stop and agreed that there was a problem with the bus stop. The stop was moved due to Irish Water mains works but has not re-opened.

The last news I read a few months ago is that plans have been submitted to the NTA about moving the stop permanently with the bus stopping in the bus lane.

It is the NTA and Fingal Co. Council you need to contact for an update.

Also, you should raise your concerns with the local Councillors as they campaigned for the bus stop to be moved.

Last edited by mickmmc; 08-09-2018 at 22:09.
Thanks from:
08-09-2018, 23:15   #4
site_owner

Just has a look on Google maps and can see why they are going to move it.
09-09-2018, 07:22   #5
cruisey1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmmc View Post
From reading the local press the Councillors complained that the bus stop was a traffic hazard. They were complaining that there is a bend in the road and when the bus was stopped at the bus stop there was dangerous overtaking taking place from the Rivervalley approach. An engineer visited the bus stop and agreed that there was a problem with the bus stop. The stop was moved due to Irish Water mains works but has not re-opened.

The last news I read a few months ago is that plans have been submitted to the NTA about moving the stop permanently with the bus stopping in the bus lane.

It is the NTA and Fingal Co. Council you need to contact for an update.

Also, you should raise your concerns with the local Councillors as they campaigned for the bus stop to be moved.
Thanks for the info, bit silly as the location they've moved the stop too seems an even worse location to overtake, and they've no space for a shelter at the new location.
Advertisement
09-09-2018, 07:29   #6
mickoneill31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisey1987 View Post
Thanks for the info, bit silly as the location they've moved the stop too seems an even worse location to overtake, and they've no space for a shelter at the new location.

In the original location it was right at the start of the bus lane so traffic always had to queue when a bus stopped.

At the new location the buses are fully in the bus lane so they don't block traffic at all except for other buses.

It is stupid that the new stop had been labelled temporary for about 6 months now and the old stop is still there. I don't know why this kind of stuff is complicated.

And your right about the shelter. No room for one at the new stop and a really narrow path.

Last edited by mickoneill31; 09-09-2018 at 07:33.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion