Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Strandhill / Rosses Point
Strandhill 8 66.67%
Rosses Point 10 83.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

20-08-2018, 20:23   #1
a post punk

Boards Golf Society-Captains Prize-September 22nd-12:00

Hi Lads
Well here we are again ,the end of the society year and another great year it was.The year has been a real eye opener to the work that goes in to running the society and what the lads do in the background to keep us all playing good courses at society prices and a bit of friendly competition thrown in aswell.:

The final outing is Rosses Point Co.sligo and I have been looking forward to this since I posted the list of courses nearly a year ago now back in november 17!
As a big links fan myself I had to finish with a quality links course.Although I have never played here I stopped to check it out on the way home from Ballyliffin back in july and the setting is unreal.If the wind gets up there it could be carnage to a scorecard.
96 out of 100 from Kevin Markham is a whopping score and it's in his top ten links courses aswell...........Can't wait
The cost for our members is 55 euros for this and if there is space for visitors it's 65euros.Only members can win the Captains prize on the day.
Be advised aswell we have to confirm numbers 21 DAYS OUT .......so I will have to cancel any spots before that or we will be charged for the tee times.(20 slots are booked)
As usual we will have the Golfer of the year champion crowned on the day and the ryder jug team and Captains picks announced aswell.
The annual social night happens after the golf and analysis is over and it's always a great night to recap on the year gone by and whats to come.
As said in the main thread earlier, accomadation is booked for 120 per room in the glasshouse in sligo town and i could only get 7 double rooms and 3 twin rooms so upto yourselves what ye want to do.
Talk Soon
PP
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-08-2018, 20:46   #2
BigChap1759

So the triple rooms are €40 a head, is that right?
20-08-2018, 21:06   #3
charlieIRL

Mod: Golf, ZTest
Count me in!
Thanks from:
20-08-2018, 21:27   #4
Break80

Quote:
Originally Posted by a post punk View Post
Hi Lads
Well here we are again ,the end of the society year and another great year it was.The year has been a real eye opener to the work that goes in to running the society and what the lads do in the background to keep us all playing good courses at society prices and a bit of friendly competition thrown in aswell.:

The final outing is Rosses Point Co.sligo and I have been looking forward to this since I posted the list of courses nearly a year ago now back in november 17!
As a big links fan myself I had to finish with a quality links course.Although I have never played here I stopped to check it out on the way home from Ballyliffin back in july and the setting is unreal.If the wind gets up there it could be carnage to a scorecard.
96 out of 100 from Kevin Markham is a whopping score and it's in his top ten links courses aswell...........Can't wait
The cost for our members is 55 euros for this and if there is space for visitors it's 65euros.Only members can win the Captains prize on the day.
Be advised aswell we have to confirm numbers 21 DAYS OUT .......so I will have to cancel any spots before that or we will be charged for the tee times.(20 slots are booked)
As usual we will have the Golfer of the year champion crowned on the day and the ryder jug team and Captains picks announced aswell.
The annual social night happens after the golf and analysis is over and it's always a great night to recap on the year gone by and whats to come.
As said in the main thread earlier, accomadation is booked for 120 per room in the glasshouse in sligo town and i could only get 7 double rooms and 3 twin rooms so upto yourselves what ye want to do.
Talk Soon
PP
I will be traveling up on the friday so put me down for 2 nights accomadation please Captain.
I can swing by your country if you want a lift as well.
20-08-2018, 21:34   #5
a post punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChap1759 View Post
So the triple rooms are €40 a head, is that right?
Twin rooms are €60 a head , I just booked what was available before it booked out.
Advertisement
20-08-2018, 21:36   #6
a post punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break80 View Post
Quote:
Hi Lads

Talk Soon
PP
I will be traveling up on the friday so put me down for 2 nights accomadation please Captain.
I can swing by your country if you want a lift as well.
Thanks for the offer break80, I may take you up on that. Are you travelling up to play on Friday or going later?
20-08-2018, 22:01   #7
Seve OB

I'm in, save me a twin bed please Captain. looking forward to this, never played it before so should be interesting

have you rooms booked for friday or just saturday?
20-08-2018, 22:11   #8
a post punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seve OB View Post
I'm in, save me a twin bed please Captain. looking forward to this, never played it before so should be interesting

have you rooms booked for friday or just saturday?
Nothing booked for Friday yet but I’ll be sorting it this week
20-08-2018, 22:21   #9
Macker1

Definitely staying up on Saturday and may even head up on the Friday which I won't know till nearer time.

Its a great course and if weather acts up it will sort out men from boys. The closing stretch will severely test your game. All great holes but number 17 A par or better here and you can brag on Saturday night.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-08-2018, 08:19   #10
jarrieta

Thanks Captain,

I won't stay on Saturday, only on Friday, so might get something booked on my own unless someone is staying also on Friday

I will try to play Strandhill open on Friday if anyone fancies that too!
Thanks from:
21-08-2018, 11:36   #11
RoadRunner

In 100%! Appreciate it if you can save me a twin bed too.

Had an advanced look at Rosses earlier this summer. It's a tough beaut and comes with a warm welcome. Friendly clubhouse, I would have loved to have stayed around a little longer after my visit.
Thanks from:
21-08-2018, 13:33   #12
Break80

Quote:
Thanks for the offer break80, I may take you up on that. Are you travelling up to play on Friday or going later?
I will play Friday if you want to sort something out.
A twin room for Friday and Saturday for me as well please.
Thanks from:
21-08-2018, 14:54   #13
slave1

For those folks traveling up the day before, Strandhill have an Open Day on Fridays, €30, but don't seem to have it up on their booking system.
Their contact details are

Call: 0719168188

Email: bookings@strandhillgolfclub.com

Hope this is of use, Standstill is a super and quirky at times links, mid-back 9 are wonderful and for €30 super value
(2) thanks from:
21-08-2018, 15:36   #14
BigChap1759

I’m in and happy to share a room with someone
21-08-2018, 16:16   #15
charlieIRL

Same here.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline