Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox One S 500gb Rocket League + 3mths Xbox Gold 125.00 all in

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jaysus... I don't need it.. I already have an Xbox 360 and PS3 I don't play..

... arrgggh!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,058 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sweet deal, am I right in saying you could just connect any USB 3.0 external hard drive to them and use that for additional game storage?

Edit, yes is the answer

Cheap 1TB here for €33 delivered....
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057898233

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Basq wrote: »

... arrgggh!

EXactly this. No reason what so ever to buy it but ****in hell thats cheap. Just to play the new gears game I’m tempted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

... arrgggh!

You could sell the 360 as the xbox one plays decent amount of 360 games, not all though but they are constantly adding to it.

Its a 4k blu ray player as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I know nothing about them but what's the difference between the S and X? They're the latest two are they?
    I just want to play a golf game and Madden (and maybe PES), is the S worth getting for that?

• Advertisement

Just to play the new gears game I’m tempted.
    RDR2 is making me consider pulling the trigger.. but may wait til Black Friday.. we may get sub-€100.

M

Patww79 wrote: »
    I know nothing about them but what's the difference between the S and X? They're the latest two are they?
    I just want to play a golf game and Madden (and maybe PES), is the S worth getting for that?

From what I understand the X will play games in 4K. The S will play Netflix in 4K.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_One#Xbox_One_X

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    You could sell the 360 as the xbox one plays decent amount of 360 games, not all though but they are constantly adding to it.

Its a 4k blu ray player as well.

Last time I checked it doesn’t have a lot of the schmups in the backwards compatibility pile. Like Deathsmiles, Akai Katana, etc...

RDR2 is making me consider pulling the trigger.. but may wait til Black Friday.. we may get sub-€100.

Hnnm 125 would be as low as I'd expect for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Hnnm 125 would be as low as I'd expect for a while.

Definitely, you'd probably get this for twice the price elsewhere.

• Advertisement

From what I understand the X will play games in 4K. The S will play Netflix in 4K.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_One#Xbox_One_X

I've no interest in 4K really. Can you get Madden 19 for this console? Googling it shows its available for XBox but nothing specific.

Feck it.. don't need it.. yet bought it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

LOL, ya won't get it cheaper for sure.
    I'm sure it's an error yet I have tracking - hope it goes through for all who buy (inc me!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I've no interest in 4K really. Can you get Madden 19 for this console? Googling it shows its available for XBox but nothing specific.

You can indeed get Madden 19 for the Xbox one. Think it's out in the next month or so. You can also get a thing called EA access and you can play Madden 18 as much as you like once your subscription is active. It's about 5 euro per month

M

Seems to be 4 games including Madden 19...
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/p/madden-nfl-16/BXRMHT4MV6G3
    https://www.xbox.com/en-in/games/madden-17
    https://www.xbox.com/en-in/games/madden-18
    https://www.xbox.com/en-in/games/madden-19

You can indeed get Madden 19 for the Xbox one. Think it's out in the next month or so. You can also get a thing called EA access and you can play Madden 18 as much as you like once your subscription is active. It's about 5 euro per month

I have the trial on my laptop at the moment (3.99 on that EA thing for 10 hours play) but a console would be so much better. I just wasn't sure as this seems like a budget type console.

Madden 16 17 and 18 are all free to play with EA access pass. You will also get a 10 hour trial of Madden 19 when it comes out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

sugarman wrote: »
    Would have waited until you have it in your hands before posting, but fair play either way.

I waited till I got the tracking or some confirmation - I'm 95% convinced it'll come :)

Madden 16 17 and 18 are all free to play with EA access pass. You will also get a 10 hour trial of Madden 19 when it comes out

The trial is available already. Definitely worth trying.

I have the trial on my laptop at the moment (3.99 on that EA thing for 10 hours play) but a console would be so much better. I just wasn't sure as this seems like a budget type console.

It's not a budget type console at all. The S came out after the original big brick of an Xbox one, this has HDR and 4k netflix but the best thing is that it's alot smaller and so much more quiet than the original Xbox one. I've got the S model about a year now and it's fantastic. For that money I would be all over it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

God damn you Bargain Alerts - and it’s bought :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Very very tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

ffs.....bought

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Keep getting an error when I try to add to basket.

Likewise. Technical Error 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Flashdan

Just ordered. Thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Seems to either be out of stock or they are addressing the price.

Unfortunate :(

Seems to either be out of stock or they are addressing the price.

Unfortunate :(

I'm guessing it's a pricing error.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Missed the boat as well unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

That's made my mind up for me...thankfully.

Advertisement