Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-07-2018, 17:11   #1
dotsman

They're Alive!!!

After being trapped in the caves for 9 days, the Thai schoolkids have just been found alive.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44688909

No idea how long it will take to actually get them out of the caves. But, given that most people were probably giving up hope at this stage, it's great to actually have some "good news" story to compete with the usual brexit/trump/terrorism horror stories that dominate the international news so much these days

I would love to know how they survived. Doubt they had much in terms of food/clothing/drinking water. Perhaps the water in the caves was safe for drinking, and was neither too warm, nor too cold?

Should we take bets on who will be the first to make a reference to Father ted?
(121) thanks from:
00sully, 2smiggy, Aceandstuff, Ads by Google, alchemist33, Arlessienne, Bacchus, Badly Drunk Boy, BigBrownBear, biko, blingrhino, Blowfish, Brendan Filone, BuileBeag, Can I come too..., Capt'n Midnight, Ciaran_B, Colser, d1980, DBB, deceit, December2012, deco nate, DJIMI TRARORE, drive3331, Dtp1979, Duff, Ekerot, end of the road, endacl, eviltwin, evolving_doors, Filmer Paradise, fineso.mom, Four Phucs Ache, Foweva Awone, Fr_Dougal, gammygils, GingerLily, Glico Man, Gmol, Graces7, hairyslug, Heartbrokenlol, Huexotzingo, iamwhoiam, Irish Praetorian, Jim Bob Scratcher, Johnny Dogs, KatW4, Keisha07, KKkitty, Knine, Lackey, loyatemu, Malayalam, Mam of 4, Marje, mark_jmc, massdebater, McGaggs, Mena Mitty, Metric Tensor, misstearheus, Muckie, Murray TheDemonic TalkingSkull, NewCorkLad, NinetyTwoTeam, Nixonbot, notsoyoungwan, Patser, Pero_Bueno, Poochie05, Posy, reap-a-rat, Rented Mule, retro:electro, RiderOnTheStorm, riffmongous, RobbingBandit, Roger Hassenforder, Rory28, RoYoBo, Sardonicat, SeaFields, selwyn froggitt, SirChenjin, skooterblue2, SmallTeapot, Squeeonline, squrm, Stargate, Stheno, Stu Redman, Sudden Valley, sullivlo, Summer wind, tayto lover, taytobreath, tedpan, The Infinite Fart, Tipsy McSwagger, tiredblondie, Tom Mann Centuria, tom_k, Ubbquittious, unknowngirl!!, Ursus Horribilis, VG31, vicwatson, wexie, whiskeyman, White_hills, Wibbs, wijam, Will I Am Not, WoollyRedHat, wp_rathead, yerwanthere123, zoe 3619, _Dara_
Advertisement
02-07-2018, 17:13   #2
wexie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotsman View Post
After being trapped in the caves for 9 days, the Thai schoolkids have just been found alive.

No idea how long it will take to actually get them out of the caves. But, given that most people were probably giving up hope at this stage, it's great to actually have some "good news" story to compete with the usual brexit/trump/terrorism horror stories that dominate the international news so much these days

I would love to know how they survived. Doubt they had much in terms of food/clothing/drinking water. Perhaps the water in the caves was safe for drinking, and was neither too warm, nor too cold?

I saw that earlier. Didn't think there was much hope left for them to be honest.

From what I understand they had a little food and water with them and the temperatures in the caves (if I remember correctly) was something between 19 and 21 or so.

Great news
(2) thanks from:
02-07-2018, 17:13   #3
Srameen

Great news. I had begun to think it was looking hopeless.
02-07-2018, 17:15   #4
Rhyme
Murderator

Mod: IADT, ZTest
Just read that all who went in are still safe. That's one theory of their survival out the window.
02-07-2018, 17:16   #5
Stheno

that's made my day. what amazing news!!!!!

fair dues to the rescuers
Advertisement
02-07-2018, 17:18   #6
riffmongous

Wow that's great, nice to see a bit of good news
(4) thanks from:
02-07-2018, 17:30   #7
Jim Bob Scratcher

"I don't believe it"

Great news though.
02-07-2018, 17:33   #8
Graces7

Wonderful relief.. Praise be.
Thanks from:
02-07-2018, 17:34   #9
judeboy101

They spent 8days on a bender in Phuket and snuck in the back entrance.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
02-07-2018, 17:38   #10
RobbingBandit

Nice news to hear very lucky I'd say their story will be interesting to hear once they're up to telling it.
02-07-2018, 17:43   #11
gammygils

Let's see who can screech the loudest........

Great News though
Thanks from:
02-07-2018, 17:53   #12
Roger Hassenforder

Great news

Is this the first thread in years, no one is triggered, outraged or offended?
(2) thanks from:
02-07-2018, 17:55   #13
McGaggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotsman View Post

Thanks for posting good news, on any subject. I was hoping this is what it'd be when I saw the thread title.
02-07-2018, 17:58   #14
Star Bingo

What are they little frankensteins?!!
02-07-2018, 18:15   #15
Discodog

They aren't safe yet. It's going to be so difficult to get them out through the totally flooded passageways.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion