Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

CeilingFly wrote: »

probably one of the lowest comments I've read on boards to be honest.
    well done.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

boombang wrote:
    -Edit: I may have the wrong Derek Hutch. The one killed here is Derek Coakely Hutch, while Derek "Del Boy" Hutch is the one with the manslaughter conviction maybe

Having had dealings with both, Derek was fairly harmless compared to Del Boy.

spurious wrote: »

You mean...they are different people?

I think most contributors here, on the first page anyway, took the "the deceased had that name? Oh delighted he's dead so, they're all the exact same" approach as if it was a good day for society...

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Yer man on this thread presenting himself as 'in the know' based on bits of articles in the Sunday World, Twitter and Google searches is gas.

One minute it's a FACT and the next minute it's a maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Hoboo

spurious wrote: »

Derek the guy who dragged a shop assistant down an aisle? Harmless? Or have I got the wrong guy?

Hoboo wrote: »
    Derek the guy who dragged a shop assistant down an aisle?

Sounds like a bad wedding...

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭TresGats

Now that's just plain nasty. The woman lost her son ffs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hoboo wrote:
    Derek the guy who dragged a shop assistant down an aisle? Harmless? Or have I got the wrong guy?

That's him. Since that he worked hard to get off the drugs and did. Very much a different character to his cousin with the same name. Small fry.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Some family for generating income without working an auld nine to five

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Will there be peace when the head of either organisation is no more or will it require a concert for peace to sort it all out?

Can we have a concert please:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: CeilingFly, don't post in this thread again.

Buford T.Justice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I know I'm drifting off the topic of the killing onto the mother's win of a traffic incident related claim, but does anybody else find the judge's statement in relation to the number of accidents she's been in (and claims she's apparently successfully made) a bit implausible. He says she's an an honest women, whereas I would assume she's quite adept at using lawyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,292 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

boombang wrote: »
    I know I'm drifting off the topic of the killing onto the mother's win of a traffic incident related claim, but does anybody else find the judge's statement in relation to the number of accidents she's been in (and claims she's apparently successfully made) a bit implausible. He says she's an an honest women, whereas I would assume she's quite adept at using lawyers.

I actually read that article yesterday and once again this morning when linked here (with a pretty nasty post). Can't quite figure out whether he was getting a sarcastic dig in or being sincere.

But as you say, we're probably off topic and no doubt a few grand won't make her feel any better this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

How are the Kinehans so more adept at having Hutches bumped off?

Are they easier targets? Are the Hutches unable to get at Kinehans?
    Its practically slaughter of one side of the "fued".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Collie D wrote: »
    Can't quite figure out whether he was getting a sarcastic dig in or being sincere.

I thought the same, but didn't think the judge should be making sarcastic remarks while awarding tens of thousands of euro.

No insight whatsoever so I'm purely speculating. But the Kinihans seem a somewhat more "professional" (for want of a better word) outfit. The Hutch side seems like a ragtag bunch of neighbourhood friends and family and they certainly seem to have their own addiction issues. I doubt you become a big player on the European drug scene without some semblance of cop-on.

Also, I work in Dublin 1 and pass through the area where most of them live regularly. There is definitely a noticeable Garda presence around there. Probably harder to do when you've a squad car parked outside your door 24/7. Although saying that, you'd also probably assume you're less likely to be shot. I don't spend much time around the south of the city so don't know if it's the same for the other side?

And as we speak probably about a dozen squad cars have gone flying by my apartment. I wonder...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭the sheriff is HERE

Money, money, money, liam doesn't have to get his hands dirty or Daniel, they can afford the highest tech encryption and can afford to fcuk off while they order hits to wipe out a debt.

finglas man associated with multiple feud hits, was a red herring.

Hits are being carried out by irish, with debts to the cartel.

since the gardai have targeted the cartel, 150 million of drugs, weapons and assets have been seized, Daniel is still calling the shots too, they almost got him, with less money, people, and resources he's ****ting it along with liam, their money couldn't protect them.

why dont people write about it on boards.ie, because the other massive one had a lot deleted because of trials before the courts or are on trial now, it even had a journalist club posting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Danye

Somewhat off topic but good to see the usual crime “journalists” have different versions of the murder recorded, reasons for the murder and who was behind the murder!

Who to believe? 🀷ðŸ¼*♂️ Roll eyes emoji.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

No-one gives two hoots when scum murder scum.

Only person really interested is paul Williams so that his hysterical sensationalist assessments can be on every news broadcast on Newstalk.

Means radio one for me tomorrow.

That's every morning for me. He's unlistenable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

anewme wrote: »
    What’s with the “a new me “ comment.

Would you be trying to make little of me?

Is that supposed to be a dig..?

Do you not accept the word of people living in areas as how life goes on.?

I’ve had 48 years of it, 26 of this supporting the local community against ignorance and working towards better for myself. I dont need your blessing.

Common sense answers, support and education is needed, not small minded belittling and condescending Bull****.

You are supposed to be a moderator. What part of impartial do you not understand.

Dont even consider looking down on me or sneering.

You don’t know anything about me or how life goes on daily in areas like these. When people speak up you try to sneer.

You are not superior to me, dont pretend to be.

Me-Ow!!! Hahaha, you go gurl!!

Danye wrote: »
    Somewhat off topic but good to see the usual crime “journalists” have different versions of the murder recorded, reasons for the murder and who was behind the murder!

Who to believe? 🀷ðŸ¼*♂️ Roll eyes emoji.

we haven't gone away, ya know.

believe what you want to believe, we're big boys and girls posting here, we accept others opinions as long as we keep the information within boards.ie T & Cs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

And as we speak probably about a dozen squad cars have gone flying by my apartment. I wonder...

The answer to that can be found on this thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057831527

lawred2 wrote: »
    That's every morning for me. He's unlistenable.

paul isnt Ireland best hack in years,anyone who thinks he's are crazy, the reporters who put their names to their articles have been brilliant for solid information relating to this and backing the gardai for better resources in trying to tackle this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Dozens with this guy's surname seemingly. Three with his actual full name.

I'd be changing it if it was me.

A lot of people with the last name Hutch have been changing their names and these are people with absolutely no connection to the crime cartels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Danye

paul isnt Ireland best hack in years,anyone who thinks he's are crazy, the reporters who put their names to their articles have been brilliant for solid information relating to this and backing the gardai for better resources in trying to tackle this.

Brilliant for solid information?? Like what?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,278 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Spot on.
    Try to drive into Raleigh Square and see what happens

Out of interest what would happen?
    I just had a look at it there on google streetview and it seems to be a fairly bland side road. Apparently someone from the K-side of the feud lives there, but why couldn't anyone who wanted to drive down there?

• Advertisement

The answer to that can be found on this thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057831527

Well played, sir :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement