Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-10-2018, 10:56   #241
MadYaker

I think it's a nice idea. I don't think they'll ever do it though.
Advertisement
07-10-2018, 11:00   #242
Mrs Shuttleworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadYaker View Post
I think it's a nice idea. I don't think they'll ever do it though.
Anyway, I'm off to see their Sunday headliner tonite in the warmth of the 3Arena
Thanks from:
07-10-2018, 11:03   #243
Basq

Send a message via Skype™ to Basq
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinph;108283548"
efests himself didn't get anything and he's been going for, well pretty much forever I believe.
Neither did guys/gals behind GlastoWatch or TheThingy.
07-10-2018, 11:20   #244
S.M.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Shuttleworth View Post
I disagree. There should be a portion of "loyalty" tickets available to persons who have been registered for upwards of five years and log in/renew their registration details every year but who have never been.
That's just not feasible. You would need to enforce a system of one account per person which is too difficult. Otherwise I could create 10 accounts and 5 years down the line I'll always have one which is due a loyalty ticket.

The current system is quiet fair. The
best way to get tickets is to find yourself a large group of people to maximise the chances of getting through. I didn't try because I've too much sh*t going on next year but the group managed to get about 40 tickets. 8 people missed out, 2 for giving the wrong post code (which I've stupidly done in the past)
07-10-2018, 11:30   #245
MadYaker

Email received! Aaaaaaand breathe
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
07-10-2018, 11:35   #246
PawneeRanger

That was so bloody stressful!!

This was our first time trying. Managed to bag tickets but not til after a panic because one of my group (there were 3 groups in our attempt) was in another totally separate group that we didn't know about and they'd managed to get through.

Thought I had her number wrong and was so worried it was going to crash. I should have added a 6th from one of our other groups but panicked and just plowed through hoping it wouldn't time out. Feeling so guilty though. Hopefully get them sorted in the resale.
Thanks from:
07-10-2018, 11:41   #247
Mr.S

Jesus it's a bit depressing reading eFestivals and seeing people who have been going for 10/20 years not get tickets for the first time but I guess the current setup is fair across the board with no bias.

A loyalty system isn't practical with the current demand. I'd wager most of the people who go to Glastonbury are long time goers anyway.
07-10-2018, 13:22   #248
robinph

Send a message via ICQ to robinph Send a message via AIM to robinph Send a message via MSN to robinph Send a message via Yahoo to robinph Send a message via Skype™ to robinph
It would be crappy if anyone who's been going forever were excluded, and only newbies went.
07-10-2018, 13:47   #249
rockatansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinph View Post
It would be crappy if anyone who's been going forever were excluded, and only newbies went.
Why?
Advertisement
07-10-2018, 13:50   #250
S.M.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockatansky View Post
Why?
Because loyalty should also be rewarded and certainly not punished.
07-10-2018, 14:06   #251
rockatansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.M.B. View Post
Nobody is being punished, it really is just luck of the draw.

So how do you define loyalty? Should someone who has been once get the same treatment as someone who has been 7 times? Or maybe a scale down based on the number of years you've been? Prove you been x years and you get bumped up the list?

You're now creating an almost caste or trickle down system of festival goers.

It's too wide to define and absolutely impossible to include everyone and keep everyone happy. The demand is just too high.
Thanks from:
07-10-2018, 14:18   #252
S.M.B.

I'm not suggesting they should change anything. I think the current system is a fair as you are going to get. Imagine if they took away the photo on the ticket? Glastonbury should be commended for how they currently operate.
07-10-2018, 14:21   #253
Mr.S

Quote:
I wouldn't call not getting tickets punished, it's just unlucky. The system at the moment favours everyone equally, across the board.
07-10-2018, 14:41   #254
S.M.B.

Again, that comment was in reference to a proposed system that gives preference to those who have not been before over loyal attendees and not the opposite.
Thanks from:
07-10-2018, 14:53   #255
Mrs Shuttleworth

Quote:
Again, that comment was in reference to a proposed system that gives preference to those who have not been before over loyal attendees and not the opposite.
It's not a question of "giving preference" but they must have thousands of long standing registrations from people who keep trying to get there but never do. Holding back say 30,000 tickets on a once off sale and only for sale to long registrations who have never purchased would be very fair and workable. A lot of people who finally make the trek would go only once thus freeing up the system for the following year.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion