Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
11-01-2018, 13:23   #1
kwat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 145
Body & Soul Festival 2018

Can't see a 2018 thread so....

Line-up coming soon according to an instagram post this morning. Usually end of February so might be coming earlier than usual.
Early bird got since last August - can't wait! One or two kind of well known headliners would be good though.
kwat is offline  
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-01-2018, 15:09   #2
Knex.
Registered User
 
Knex.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pending
Posts: 20,850
Probably my favourite festival from last year. Just love the setup. Can't wait for it again this time around!
Knex. is offline  
(2) thanks from:
30-01-2018, 07:08   #3
grudgehugger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 653
Some names from the Primavera line-up that I'd love to see @ BnS and aren't already booked for Ireland this year afaik... 3 or 4 of these would keep me happy.

Bjork (prob unrealistic, expect to see her @ EP)
Spiritualized
James Holden & The Animal Spirits
Daphni
DJ Koze (please please please!!!)
Mano Le Tough
Mount Kimbie
Mogwai
Car Seat Headrest
Slowdive

I could list about 20 more electronic music names that I only know by reputation but I bet would go down a treat (e.g. Seth Troxler disco set)

Last edited by grudgehugger; 30-01-2018 at 07:40. Reason: forgot James Holden
grudgehugger is offline  
(3) thanks from:
06-02-2018, 13:16   #4
BikesKilleen
Registered User
 
BikesKilleen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 35
Fever Ray confirmed to play & to curate main stage on Friday..

http://nialler9.com/fever-ray-is-the...mpression=true
BikesKilleen is offline  
(4) thanks from:
06-02-2018, 17:26   #5
bodhrandude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Galway City
Posts: 7,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikesKilleen View Post
Fever Ray confirmed to play & to curate main stage on Friday..

http://nialler9.com/fever-ray-is-the...mpression=true
Absolutely amazing news was hoping they were doing Electric Picnic, but hopefully I'm going to this too, they couldn't have picked a better suited act than Fever Ray.
bodhrandude is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-02-2018, 07:56   #6
Electric Nitwit
Registered User
 
Electric Nitwit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhrandude View Post
Absolutely amazing news was hoping they were doing Electric Picnic, but hopefully I'm going to this too, they couldn't have picked a better suited act than Fever Ray.
I agree, Fever Ray will be amazing. I can't make B&S this year and I'm devastated!
Electric Nitwit is offline  
07-02-2018, 14:26   #7
run_Forrest_run
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,928
this will be my first time going to B&S. As regular EP goers we've decided to change it a bit this year. Any tips ye wish to share I'd appreciate them
run_Forrest_run is offline  
07-02-2018, 15:10   #8
Arne_Saknussem
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by run_Forrest_run View Post
this will be my first time going to B&S. As regular EP goers we've decided to change it a bit this year. Any tips ye wish to share I'd appreciate them
Select the Us & You Campsite option when buying your ticket. Usually full of sound heads and it has it's own wristband exchange queue.
Arne_Saknussem is offline  
Thanks from:
07-02-2018, 23:09   #9
bodhrandude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Galway City
Posts: 7,261
Just listening to Fever Ray Live at Lulea and my mind is been blown by Coconut, I canna wait, they are shockingly good.



Edit: The audio in this one is better.

Last edited by bodhrandude; 07-02-2018 at 23:18.
bodhrandude is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-02-2018, 14:31   #10
run_Forrest_run
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne_Saknussem View Post
Select the Us & You Campsite option when buying your ticket. Usually full of sound heads and it has it's own wristband exchange queue.
ah I'm now of the vintage of reserved camping , staying in Pitched Perfect camping.
run_Forrest_run is offline  
Thanks from:
08-02-2018, 14:59   #11
MiniFridgeMen
Registered User
 
MiniFridgeMen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 89
Hey guys, long time picnicer, first time at B&S, does this festival have a lot going on into the wee hours, I know electric picnic generally wraps up around 5am and was hoping for something similar here?

How is the festival for the oul cans of drink, can I bring them to "main arena" ?

Are there generally public buses running from Dublin as well?

Thanks in advance !
MiniFridgeMen is offline  
08-02-2018, 15:34   #12
grudgehugger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniFridgeMen View Post

How is the festival for the oul cans of drink, can I bring them to "main arena" ?
There's a limit on how much each person is allowed bring onsite (not sure how rigourously enforced, details of amounts on their website) but once you have it at your tent, you can bring it anywhere - all festival areas, mainstage etc.
grudgehugger is offline  
08-02-2018, 15:36   #13
MiniFridgeMen
Registered User
 
MiniFridgeMen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by grudgehugger View Post
There's a limit on how much each person is allowed bring onsite (not sure how rigourously enforced, details of amounts on their website) but once you have it at your tent, you can bring it anywhere - all festival areas, mainstage etc.
Instantly better than EP
MiniFridgeMen is offline  
08-02-2018, 15:39   #14
PabloAndRoy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniFridgeMen View Post
Hey guys, long time picnicer, first time at B&S, does this festival have a lot going on into the wee hours, I know electric picnic generally wraps up around 5am and was hoping for something similar here?

How is the festival for the oul cans of drink, can I bring them to "main arena" ?

Are there generally public buses running from Dublin as well?

Thanks in advance !
I wasn't there last year, but I was for the previous 8 years.

Dance music to about 4 or 5 am.

There is a free flow drink policy which means once you get in the site, there are no further searches for alcohol. I think you might be limited to 24 cans to bring on site tough.

I don't know anything about buses.

I do know that over the last 10 years or so, this has been the most relaxed and enjoyable mid-sized festival in Ireland. Nicer vibes than EP with a more grown up crowd.
PabloAndRoy is offline  
Thanks from:
09-02-2018, 09:20   #15
Korvanica
Registered User
 
Korvanica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,702
Send a message via MSN to Korvanica
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloAndRoy View Post
There is a free flow drink policy which means once you get in the site, there are no further searches for alcohol. I think you might be limited to 24 cans to bring on site tough.

You're not allowed back in with booze so make sure to bring it all in initially, in my experience they've never been very strict on the 24 cans per person rule.
Korvanica is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet