Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-01-2018, 16:20   #1
DoctaDee

Mod: GAA, ZTest
Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Mod Note:

Welcome to the Limerick GAA Discussion thread Part 2 continued from here after reaching the 10,000 post limit

This is quite an active thread and as a result, discussion can get quite heated. But there are certain things posters must realise are simply not OK to post:

- Personal abuse of anyone be they other posters, players, managers, referees, pundits etc. Any personal abuse will result in an infraction or a ban.

- Rumours about players'/managers'/anyone's personal lives. This should be self explanatory. Apart from being a dickish thing to do, it can lead to legal trouble for Boards.

- Trolling. Again, self explanatory. Trolls will be banned for a long time.

- Accusations of trolling. Report a post if you suspect it to be trolling. Do not call a troll out on thread as this will be considered back seat modding.

- Speculation into the identity of another poster. This is a site-bannable offence.

This list is not exhaustive. Either myself or another mod may add to this as we see fit. Just because a certain behaviour isn't listed, doesn't mean you can't be banned for it.
The general Boards.ie rule of Don't be a Dick always applies.

If you feel a post breaks the rules, simply click this underneath the post in question to report the post and a mod will deal with it as they see fit.

So be civil to each other and happy posting.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-01-2018, 16:32   #2
DoctaDee

Mod: GAA, ZTest
Just for some continuity from the old thread I've multi quoted the most recent posts :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensoup View Post
Was at Kilkenny match last year.....we were wiped out in mid field that night...fennelly got man of match, Deegan hit 3 from play and Lester Ryan who came on for him hit 2 more. Buckley centre back cleaned up as well...gathered amount of ball standing all on his own. Our backs held their forwards pretty well...problems were all around that middle third so that spine needs serious thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmackey1 View Post
Richie Mac kept Fennelly quiet as a mouse the last time we saw him yet he's past it?? Go way outta that you troll with your 30 posts in 7 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy no 11 View Post
Definitely Ryan for Browne or at left half back if needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy no 11 View Post
Dowling was outfield working hard and having the first touch of an elephant waste of time

Browne was poor

Pat Ryan was ok

Jimbob came on was great and hit 3 wides with the game in the balance
Quote:
Originally Posted by weetabix12345 View Post
Dowling knows he’s getting his place day in day out on that team a lot of people saying he’s only there for the frees, well now he has competition from Gillane I hope they give him a chance and leave Dowling on the bench. That Kilkenny team were there for the taking that day we were brain dead good 90% of puck outs went down on Buckley no wonder he cleaned up. Our pick outs are a disgrace the days of belting it as hard as you can up the field are gone look at Nash fro cork how his pick outs are lead to scores
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajoguy View Post
Our backs also cleared huge ball that night but in a typical limerick fashion. Hail marys into small forwards. The second half was frustrating as we could have won wit a bit more awareness.
05-01-2018, 19:00   #3
Hockied

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaDee View Post
Just for some continuity from the old thread I've multi quoted the most recent posts :
....Richie Mac kept Fennelly quiet as a mouse the last time we saw him yet he's past it?? Go way outta that you troll with your 30 posts in 7 years........

😂maybe i am a troll too? I have less posts than that.. But it seems to me that the half back line and corners are working hard to make up for Richie mc and his lack of fitness or his loss of form for past two years. I don't see the point in mentioning one good game he had or a few decent clearances if he is weakening the backs the rest of the time. One good game is not enough and forwards not half as good as fennelly beating him in other games. Having said this I would love to see Richie back at his best. I don't expect it though. Selection needs to be ruthless regardless of a players popularity or past performances. It isn't though.
06-01-2018, 15:44   #4
paddy no 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockied View Post
....Richie Mac kept Fennelly quiet as a mouse the last time we saw him yet he's past it?? Go way outta that you troll with your 30 posts in 7 years........

😂maybe i am a troll too? I have less posts than that.. But it seems to me that the half back line and corners are working hard to make up for Richie mc and his lack of fitness or his loss of form for past two years. I don't see the point in mentioning one good game he had or a few decent clearances if he is weakening the backs the rest of the time. One good game is not enough and forwards not half as good as fennelly beating him in other games. Having said this I would love to see Richie back at his best. I don't expect it though. Selection needs to be ruthless regardless of a players popularity or past performances. It isn't though.
Richie has to be a leader from his first game in February promising a big one in July is pointless. That's what leadership is about. Get with it Richie or forget it.

BOC on bench tomorrow will keep some happy as is hegarty only want to see him as a back
11-01-2018, 14:49   #5
paddy no 11

Thomas Ryan gone to Dublin disappointed thought he would be top class
Advertisement
14-01-2018, 19:30   #6
Hockied

Some nice hurling today from a slightly experimental limerick team. Well done to Tom Morrissey who got man of match. Great hands and skill. Hope they work on his pace for later in year when ball and ground gets faster. Fingers crossed. Good game from Barry O'Connell who scored nicest point of the game . Aaron Gillane , Richie English and Tom Condon all very good as usual. Congrats to them all.
(3) thanks from:
15-01-2018, 14:40   #7
djfern84

Well lads im after moving up to limerick there with work dont have the time to commute back home to play a bit of gaa looking for a team to play a bit of junior hurling and football with around the city location doesnt really matter im based in dooradoyle any suggestions would be welcome
15-01-2018, 15:05   #8
kevin7

You could try Monaleen out on the Castletroy side of town. Senior and Junior A football, Senior and Junior B hurling. Phone number there at the bottom of the web page
15-01-2018, 15:07   #9
Colemania

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfern84 View Post
Well lads im after moving up to limerick there with work dont have the time to commute back home to play a bit of gaa looking for a team to play a bit of junior hurling and football with around the city location doesnt really matter im based in dooradoyle any suggestions would be welcome
Mungret St Pauls wouldn't be far from you either
Advertisement
15-01-2018, 23:18   #10
lim4ev

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
You could try Monaleen out on the Castletroy side of town. Senior and Junior A football, Senior and Junior B hurling. Phone number there at the bottom of the web page
If you're in dooradoyle go to mungret(closest) or old Christians which would be 5 min drive away but if you want both I suppose mungret would be the best option
26-01-2018, 23:14   #11
lim4ev

Surely Hegarty would be worth a try at half back ahead of p MC loughlin OK kiely obviously likes Hegarty in a forward role but for me we have more options in forwards than we have for backs esp half backs. I'm not saying he's worth his place in either but we've seen him in the forwards give him a chance in backs. Rest of team looks OK considering what we are missing looks like they've settled on Browne and lynch at midfield for the time being anyway
27-01-2018, 11:31   #12
paddy no 11

That's a really poor team. Paddy is not at that level yet imo. Two potential half backs in the forwards. We should be putting on score on tomorrow not struggling to win
27-01-2018, 23:48   #13
mickmackey1
Banned

Shock win for Offaly, that looks like the Dubs goosed already in the promotion race.
28-01-2018, 10:49   #14
lim4ev

I agree re o loughlin can't understand why he'd even be on panel but the mgt must see something in him and that's their job. Re the team in fairness we're missing a lot and with respects to Laois should be good enough to win.

Ofally's performance last night makes next week an awful lot more interesting considering what we'll be missing its away and our struggles with ofally in general I think it could be a very dodgy match for us. I know Dublin had a lot of newcomers but still they beat them by ten pts away.
28-01-2018, 19:07   #15
Greensoup

Was at Gaelic Grounds today and that forward line wont cut it in Tullamore....Gillane and Morrissey did well but two lads there not related to forwards. Tullamore is a ropey place for us at the best of times and we ve struggled against Offaly teams that were alot less prepared than this one.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion