Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-12-2017, 15:57   #1
noelearly

Frankfurt Marathon 2018

I think I'll make this my target marathon next year, has anyone been? Accommodation seems reasonably priced. And entry is €73 until January 1st.
Advertisement
26-12-2017, 11:53   #2
hot buttered scones

I've registered for this. I've heard great reports from some lads at work and I think I've read some on here as well. Looking forward to it.
Thanks from:
26-12-2017, 16:13   #3
noelearly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot buttered scones View Post
I've registered for this. I've heard great reports from some lads at work and I think I've read some on here as well. Looking forward to it.
Good stuff took the plunge myself last night, finish looks amazing. Let's hope we are in good condition to enjoy it.
Thanks from:
26-12-2017, 17:40   #4
ger664

Ran it in 2015 horrible day but nothing to do with the race or course. Extremely well organised event from start to finish. The tube station under the main railway station is a real eye opener considering you are a stones throw from the financial heart of the euro.
(2) thanks from:
04-02-2018, 20:31   #5
djemba djemba

Just signed up for this. Accommodation booked. 5km or so from the end line.
Looking forward (Hopefully) to finishing in the indoor arena.
Might use the Dublin Marathon series races to build up to this.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-03-2018, 14:38   #6
hot buttered scones

I finally got around to sorting flights and accommodation for this. If you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel, there's a Premier Inn around the corner from the start/finish - Around €35 to €45 per night for the room. I've not stayed in this one before but it seems to be of the same standard of any Premier Inn I've stayed in in the UK.
22-03-2018, 21:11   #7
Van.Bosch

Quote:
I finally got around to sorting flights and accommodation for this. If you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel, there's a Premier Inn around the corner from the start/finish - Around €35 to €45 per night for the room. I've not stayed in this one before but it seems to be of the same standard of any Premier Inn I've stayed in in the UK.
Was looking at this or Amsterdam, in two minds, Amsterdam seems to be mad expensive for hotel rooms so was kinda thinking of Frankfurt. What made you choose it? The finish looks class.
22-03-2018, 22:02   #8
hot buttered scones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van.Bosch View Post
Was looking at this or Amsterdam, in two minds, Amsterdam seems to be mad expensive for hotel rooms so was kinda thinking of Frankfurt. What made you choose it? The finish looks class.
It's fast, flat and on the same weekend as Dublin - so it suits me perfectly training wise. I know a few lads who did as well and they recommended it.I thought it would be a good one for a go at sub 3 and it'll be my first marathon abroad as well.
Thanks from:
22-03-2018, 23:20   #9
Van.Bosch

Quote:
Just looked at that hotel, €108 for two nights which is cancellable is a great deal, great location in terms of start line. Im sold, gonna book it...
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-03-2018, 23:35   #10
Van.Bosch

Flights dont seem to bad either - you flying on on the Saturday? Looking at the lufthansa flight at 910, lands at about midday which seems ideal.
23-03-2018, 00:10   #11
hot buttered scones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van.Bosch
Flights dont seem to bad either - you flying on on the Saturday? Looking at the lufthansa flight at 910, lands at about midday which seems ideal.
I went with flying out on Friday evening with Aer Lingus at around 5pm and back with Ryanair on Monday at 10.25. Both flights came in around €50 or so. Coming up from Cork so I'd rather not be travelling for hours on the Saturday. Lufthansa looked like a better service though for the money.
23-03-2018, 00:14   #12
hot buttered scones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van.Bosch
Just looked at that hotel, €108 for two nights which is cancellable is a great deal, great location in terms of start line. Im sold, gonna book it...
The beds are fantastic in Premier Inns. They ar9e great hotels for the price. And you can get a train+underground for around €5 from the airport to just around the corner. Now all we need to do is train for it!
25-03-2018, 19:57   #13
psychozeb

Have ran it 4 times and I love it myself,get an appartment hotel for 3 nights for around €230 near start/expo which would probably be the cost of a hotel in Dublin for 1 night.Had entered ballot for Berlin and was hopping I wouldn't get it as I think if pushing for a time you have a better chance as there is an excellent field of runner there.Quite a few cobbles around 23 mile mark and being honest not the prettiest of races but that doesn't worry me.Will more than likely be back in October again.
25-03-2018, 21:30   #14
Van.Bosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychozeb View Post
Have ran it 4 times and I love it myself,get an appartment hotel for 3 nights for around €230 near start/expo which would probably be the cost of a hotel in Dublin for 1 night.Had entered ballot for Berlin and was hopping I wouldn't get it as I think if pushing for a time you have a better chance as there is an excellent field of runner there.Quite a few cobbles around 23 mile mark and being honest not the prettiest of races but that doesn't worry me.Will more than likely be back in October again.
Is there much support on the route? Nothing like Dublin I assume?
25-03-2018, 21:37   #15
psychozeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van.Bosch View Post
Is there much support on the route? Nothing like Dublin I assume?
No support wouldn't be as good as Dublin but it's not bad.Dublin is a bigger marathon.Frankfurt averages around 12/13k runners
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion