Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-11-2017, 11:41   #1
gawa84

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Thread for everyone who has applied this year. Hopefully this can be a useful source of information and we will all see each other on the other side as PC's. Best of luck to all!
Advertisement
29-11-2017, 12:20   #2
sparkylarky

I 2nd that! At least the ball is rolling now albeit slowly lol
(2) thanks from:
29-11-2017, 12:53   #3
Banterbus28

Hello
29-11-2017, 14:33   #4
Slo85

Oh good. A thread of our own 😆
Thanks from:
29-11-2017, 14:53   #5
Belfast_B2014

Yeepee a thread of our own..good work gawa84
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
29-11-2017, 15:50   #6
BlueCop8790

Good to see we've got our own thread
29-11-2017, 16:29   #7
jwhdkl5736

The ball is well and truly rolling now! I've been waiting for this in my mundane job for a very long time. Now it's very real.
Thanks from:
29-11-2017, 16:48   #8
Rossco22

Curious to see who else is in the same boat as myself and has not yet completed the IST?
(3) thanks from:
29-11-2017, 18:14   #9
Goonerdee

I was glad I did it pretty early. I just hope it has recorded my answers correctly.

I’m dreading what the pass mark will be when they finally do get round to it. It seemed very easy which means there are going to be a lot of high scorers to try and keep up with.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
29-11-2017, 19:16   #10
NornIron74

I did the 2nd section on Monday morning just before the system broke down, so I was happy enough. Goonerdee I also found it suspiciously easy but maybe that was down to the fact that I did a lot of practice tests beforehand.
(2) thanks from:
29-11-2017, 21:52   #11
jwhdkl5736

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonerdee View Post
I was glad I did it pretty early. I just hope it has recorded my answers correctly.

I’m dreading what the pass mark will be when they finally do get round to it. It seemed very easy which means there are going to be a lot of high scorers to try and keep up with.
That's my concern tbh. From previous experience, I've found the IST much harder than the AC stage.
29-11-2017, 22:51   #12
NiK9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxi515 View Post
Quote:

That's my concern tbh. From previous experience, I've found the IST much harder than the AC stage.
Really? I find exams easy enough if the work is put in, I've always found the role plays hard.
29-11-2017, 22:56   #13
jwhdkl5736

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiK9 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Really? I find exams easy enough if the work is put in, I've always found the role plays hard.
The likes of situation judgement testing etc is very subjective in my opinion. I passed both, in 1509, I think the AC is very much common sense lines of questioning during the role plays. Maybe because of the setting, the role play actors etc, it feels different?
Thanks from:
29-11-2017, 23:06   #14
NiK9

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The likes of situation judgement testing etc is very subjective in my opinion. I passed both, in 1509, I think the AC is very much common sense lines of questioning during the role plays. Maybe because of the setting, the role play actors etc, it feels different?
I think what let me down in the 1509 A.C. was that I tried too hard to get the information etc during the role plays and didn't show enough "emotion"/empathy etc. It's hard because you know it isn't real. I failed by two marks last time so hoping this time will be different lol.
29-11-2017, 23:19   #15
jwhdkl5736

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think what let me down in the 1509 A.C. was that I tried too hard to get the information etc during the role plays and didn't show enough "emotion"/empathy etc. It's hard because you know it isn't real. I failed by two marks last time so hoping this time will be different lol.
Yeah man, I was told there was a simple formula and it worked for me. I’ll PM you.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion