Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
23-11-2017, 13:27   #46
cronos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,916
Any reviews?
cronos is offline  
Advertisement
23-11-2017, 13:32   #47
highdef
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: North Kildare, 85m asl
Posts: 3,118
I'm very happy with mine. The HDR+ feature on regular non HDR stuff makes the picture look quite nasty so have left it off for non HDR sources.

I also turned off the digital "enhancements" that are on by default. That has improved the video a lot. Before, fast movement would look very poor. I always turn off most "enhancements" anyway as they just introduce extra processing that interferes with the original video.

I've only tested 1080i footage so far and have been impressed after performing the above changes. Will sort out 4K footage soon.
highdef is offline  
23-11-2017, 13:32   #48
robfowler78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronos View Post
Any reviews?
Only had it a day and I'm having the issue with watching sky but I find the HD picture great even though I havnt really sat down to calibrate the settings. Standard definition is ok nothing to write home about but again I havnt adjusted any settings yet. I find it excellent for using Netflix and Plex built in which let's me get rid of the roku3 box I had. Also streaming from a pc is flawless to. The OS is very quick apps open and close fast. I'm very pleased so far once I get sky sorted.
robfowler78 is offline  
23-11-2017, 13:35   #49
highdef
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: North Kildare, 85m asl
Posts: 3,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by robfowler78 View Post
Also streaming from a pc is flawless to. .
Are you streaming over the wifi/LAN? I have a NAS drive in the utility. It and the TV are both on a wired LAN. Can I access the NAS from the TV? Haven't looked very hard yet though, I must admit. Can get rid of Android box if I can access the NAS and can then connect the Android box to the old TV, which I plan to move to the bedroom.
highdef is offline  
23-11-2017, 13:48   #50
ThisRegard
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 27,756
What NAS device do you have? Are you able to install Plex onto it? If so, you can have Plex on the TV as the client.
ThisRegard is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-11-2017, 13:51   #51
highdef
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: North Kildare, 85m asl
Posts: 3,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisRegard View Post
What NAS device do you have? Are you able to install Plex onto it? If so, you can have Plex on the TV as the client.
It's a D-Link DNS-323 - a few years old but does the job. Haven't heard about Plex or whether I can install it. I'll do some research, thank you
highdef is offline  
23-11-2017, 14:10   #52
robfowler78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdef View Post
It's a D-Link DNS-323 - a few years old but does the job. Haven't heard about Plex or whether I can install it. I'll do some research, thank you
I use plex on the pc but I have tested Serviio and that works to but again it's on a mini pc with windows 7 so not sure about a NAS
robfowler78 is offline  
Thanks from:
23-11-2017, 14:14   #53
robfowler78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdef View Post
I'm very happy with mine. The HDR+ feature on regular non HDR stuff makes the picture look quite nasty so have left it off for non HDR sources.

I also turned off the digital "enhancements" that are on by default. That has improved the video a lot. Before, fast movement would look very poor. I always turn off most "enhancements" anyway as they just introduce extra processing that interferes with the original video.

I've only tested 1080i footage so far and have been impressed after performing the above changes. Will sort out 4K footage soon.
I'd agree with this as well as soon as I get time I'll mess around with settings as well and turn off most of the processing options they seem to cause more hassle then they fix on most tv's I've had.
robfowler78 is offline  
24-11-2017, 14:29   #54
Rushden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 261
https://m.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores...ductId=1201022

How does this compare to the other models posted , the LG and Samsung 58" are both out of stock in the stores anywhere near me
Rushden is offline  
Advertisement
24-11-2017, 18:21   #55
davec9313
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushden View Post
https://m.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores...ductId=1201022

How does this compare to the other models posted , the LG and Samsung 58" are both out of stock in the stores anywhere near me

Pick up the 58 couple hours back in power city - had quite a few !!!

It’s the dogs !!!
davec9313 is offline  
24-11-2017, 21:53   #56
robfowler78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 590
Swapped my HDMI lead and the sky issue seems to be gone fingers crossed. If anyone has some good picture settings for this could you share them.
robfowler78 is offline  
25-11-2017, 18:21   #57
Mrdata.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 124
Would anyone be able to recommend a TV around 50" for around the 600 mark? The TVs listed here seem to be out of stock in Galway.
Would the Sony's that are in DID or Curry's be any better than LG or Samsung?
There are so many model numbers that it is pretty confusing.Thanks.
Mrdata. is offline  
25-11-2017, 22:34   #58
Tusky
Registered User
 
Tusky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Dublin
Posts: 16,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdata. View Post
Would anyone be able to recommend a TV around 50" for around the 600 mark? The TVs listed here seem to be out of stock in Galway.
Would the Sony's that are in DID or Curry's be any better than LG or Samsung?
There are so many model numbers that it is pretty confusing.Thanks.
I had a 50" Samsung UE50MU6100 and could recommend it. Should be available for just under €600.

[edit] http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/p...Cprd%3A8296416
Tusky is offline  
25-11-2017, 23:02   #59
Keith186
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 192.1.255.186
Posts: 2,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdef View Post
It's a D-Link DNS-323 - a few years old but does the job. Haven't heard about Plex or whether I can install it. I'll do some research, thank you
Don't know if you can get VLC Player app on a Samsung TV but I have it on my Sony TV and can play videos from the local network.
Keith186 is offline  
Thanks from:
26-11-2017, 12:09   #60
Coill1
Registered User
 
Coill1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdata. View Post
Would anyone be able to recommend a TV around 50" for around the 600 mark? The TVs listed here seem to be out of stock in Galway.
Would the Sony's that are in DID or Curry's be any better than LG or Samsung?
There are so many model numbers that it is pretty confusing.Thanks.
Or consider this 1? Think there's 15% off for first order bringing it well within your budget. Check out ambilight vids on YouTube!

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/ph...t=philips%204k
Coill1 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet