Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-09-2017, 13:57   #1
Recap

Available Intern posts - 2016 and/or 2017

Hi all,

Does anyone have the statistics for the number of applicants to how many intern posts were made available in 2016 and 2017, please? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Many thanks,

Recap
Advertisement
06-10-2017, 14:32   #2
Celestial12

I think they guarantee a place for all those who attended Irish universities. I'm not sure how many people apply from other countries.
06-10-2017, 15:42   #3
Anita Blow

There's generally just enough places for CAO applicants, although I think last year was the first time that 6 CAO applicants didn't receive an intern spot in the first round.
They've changed it this year such that it's based on CAO status, so even Irish students who attended university abroad would be unlikely to receive a place
06-10-2017, 17:10   #4
Celestial12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita Blow View Post
There's generally just enough places for CAO applicants, although I think last year was the first time that 6 CAO applicants didn't receive an intern spot in the first round.
They've changed it this year such that it's based on CAO status, so even Irish students who attended university abroad would be unlikely to receive a place
I think that's fair enough. Makes sense that those who attend Irish Universities are given priority, when many of the leading hospitals are affiliated with Irish Universities.

I have so many questions, but don't even know if I'll be able to do GEM next year as I'm awaiting my GAMSAT results. I don't want to get ahead of myself just yet.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion