Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

United People, It's Time For Ruddy Change!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,815 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I guess the National Convention Centre was already booked out for that day, pity.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

It looks like he used a wedding invite template.
    But in general it's well put together, nice fonts, grammatically fine (the single quote after Sept' is unexpectedly accurate) and only drifts into Ruddlish in the middle portion.
    A definite improvement.

I don't understand the owls in each corner though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭blackwhite

It looks like he used a wedding invite template.
    But in general it's well put together, nice fonts, grammatically fine (the single quote after Sept' is unexpectedly accurate) and only drifts into Ruddlish in the middle portion.
    A definite improvement.

I don't understand the owls in each corner though.

He's moved on from butchering the grammar, but the syntax remains as Ruddish as ever :D
    A revealing, sometimes shocking, insight into a forming future issue. One that will evolve into a later state inquiry or investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

He has spent €268 on bottled water last year and has kept the receipts ... because he is bong poisoned by the water in the taps ... probably why he sent the wife and baby off to get water from the public main during the drogheda water crisis

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

In the latest update re the meeting about Seetec, Jeff goes on to say that "physical and mental assaults have been carried out by individuals within this private company".
    Surely a physical assault is a matter for the Gardai?

I'd say the Seetec staff have some laugh at the antics of this nutter.

• Advertisement

humberklog wrote: »
    In the latest update re the meeting about Seetec, Jeff goes on to say that "physical and mental assaults have been carried out by individuals within this private company".
    Surely a physical assault is a matter for the Gardai?

I'd say the Seetec staff have some laugh at the antics of this nutter.

Jeff wouldn't be known to exaggerate about anything ....

whippet wrote: »
    Jeff wouldn't be known to exaggerate about anything ....

He sometimes exaggerates but mostly it's just fantasy and outright lies.

New promotional post about "Revelation Day, 23rd September."

It bangs on about lies, weird stuff and lies,lies and more lies by those elected.

He then says- "Book a free place today- tickets are going fast!".
    I'm willing to bet that's a lie.

Also- Alistair E. Smith appears to have disappeared off the scene over the last few months.

A big thanks to humberklog for volunteering to go to tomorrows meeting.
    I look forward to their report.

A big thanks to humberklog for volunteering to go to tomorrows meeting.
    I look forward to their report.

Currently sunning myself in abroad. I was looking forward to parking myself up in a teverna and tuning into the live stream but that's not happening. I'll have to go with the slow drip feed of edited "highlights" over the next few weeks.

I'd say the lino is being worn out in Chez Rudd with him practising his speech.

• Advertisement

Currently sunning myself in abroad. I was looking forward to parking myself up in a teverna and tuning into the live stream but that's not happening. I'll have to go with the slow drip feed of edited "highlights" over the next few weeks.

I'd say the lino is being worn out in Chez Rudd with him practising his speech.

don't be holding your breath .. like all his previous big launches this one will disappear and never be mentioned again !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

So did anyone go to this? Either as a spy for boards or out of genuine interest

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Owryan wrote: »
    So did anyone go to this? Either as a spy for boards or out of genuine interest
    As much as I'd loved to have gone, I decided to spend time with my family as I don't get much time with them during the week.
    Because, like most people, I work!

Actually I'd love to know if anyone from Seetec went!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

The masses are turning on him already!
    I mean, how would the community center massage his ego?
    Also, the community center might spot him sneaking into one of their conference rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

eldamo wrote: »
    Also, the community center might spot him sneaking into one of their conference rooms.

That has to be a wind up!

Whats this about?

Whats this about?

Some strange individual posted that he shouldn't be having his meeting in the Ballsbridge Hotel, it should be in a community centre and its no wonder so many are homeless with the waste of money.
    In fairness I'd defend him here - looks a bit more professional to have meetings in a known name venue rather than upstairs in a boozer or a parish hall. If he's going to pour his (our) money into ventures then might as well spend an extra 10 bob on giving it a bit of a sheen.
    Rates for conf rooms are probably reasonable enough at weekends anyway, far less than what they'd be Mon-Fri.

Some strange individual posted that he shouldn't be having his meeting in the Ballsbridge Hotel, it should be in a community centre and its no wonder so many are homeless with the waste of money.
    In fairness I'd defend him here - looks a bit more professional to have meetings in a known name venue rather than upstairs in a boozer or a parish hall. If he's going to pour his (our) money into ventures then might as well spend an extra 10 bob on giving it a bit of a sheen.
    Rates for conf rooms are probably reasonable enough at weekends anyway, far less than what they'd be Mon-Fri.

Cheers. I'm shocked he let such a post get through his censoring apparatus

Cheers. I'm shocked he let such a post get through his censoring apparatus

He was busy organising the room .. fizzy water to the left ... still water to the right ... sucky sweets 5 between two ... UP mugs and pens shared between two ... flat out and no time for social media

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Don't worry he has paid for it out of his own pocket. That's the heating budget gone so hopefully it will be a mild winter for his 6 kids.

For those that couldn't make it he's kindly released a 107 page report. The fact that he has time to do this essentially justifies the existence of Seetec.

"Written by….
    Jeff Rudd.
    UnitedPeople Founder.
    Edited by…..
    Alistair Smith
    UnitedPeople
    National Co-Ordinator?"

Poor Alistair must be suffering from PTSD after that.

• Advertisement

The fact that he even decided he needed an editor is progress

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭furiousox

This crap has been edited??
    I already have a headache. :pac:

A helpful presentation given in The Ballsbridge Hotel, 23rd 2017.

Contained within are the greater steps which neither of the JobPath private companies is willing to greater share. If they had their way, you would have once chance at appealing - one postal address or one email address to send your single appeal to. ...Then it would be either ignored, lost or rejected. Rarely if ever, accepted and allowed to stand.

UnitedPeople is happy to give to you the more useful clear steps in opposing the JobPath conditions which is being forced up on everyone unemployed.

Please do download - and do your fellow citizen a favour, share as much as possible. Thank you.

UnitedPeople

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭blackwhite

The unemployed of Ireland should feel lucky that they have someone like Jeff to stand up for them and do whatever possible to prevent them from being assisted in finding jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

He is targeting a rather small voter base with unemployment currently at about 6%.

Perhaps the political strategists at UP might want to reconsider their approach so that it reflects the needs of the majority rather than the select few

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Rabbo wrote: »
    He is targeting a rather small voter base with unemployment currently at about 6%.

Perhaps the political strategists at UP might want to reconsider their approach so that it reflects the needs of the majority rather than the select few

Reflects everyone he knows.... Oh....

To be honest I would love to rig a town council election for him. Could you imagine him marching in day one in full pomp only to realise that he had to work with others to force through his agenda.

Would he even last a day before resigning in disgust and self publishing an expose of the corruption inherent in the Dundalk/Drogheda (where's he from again?) Town council?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Reflects everyone he knows.... Oh....

To be honest I would love to rig a town council election for him. Could you imagine him marching in day one in full pomp only to realise that he had to work with others to force through his agenda.

Would he even last a day before resigning in disgust and self publishing an expose of the corruption inherent in the Dundalk/Drogheda (where's he from again?) Town council?

There are no town councils anymore, and they're unlikely to come back while FG are the main party.

As if I need any more proof that I live in a difference universe to Jeff .. this morning as a follow up to his hugely successful day out yesterday he posts a screen grab of an article from the Irish edition of the Time.

He prefaces the article suggesting that it is more evidence of state sponsored bullying and Orwellian doublespeak. It is thug tactics against those who are at their most vulnerable .. and a national disgrace.

Now .. lets see the highlights from the article that he has posted:

- The government is set to target jobless families under its latest initiative to reduce unemployment
    - The new pilot scheme families with two or more jobless members will be dealt with as a unit
    - couples would be invited to attend an interview with a caseworker to develop career progression plans with a view to ensuring people become ‘more work-ready’ and gain employment
    - The government will commit to reducing the number of jobless household to 13% or lower by 2020

To the normal person in society this all seems reasonable .. yet Jeff thinks this is crazy … a government who wants to help people break out of the culture of joblessness and yet Jeff believes they should be stopped.

He obviously feels that it should be a persons choice to depend solely on social welfare rather than work to support your own lifestyle and he wants to campaign for a greater distribution of the wealth to him and his peers who choose unemployment.

By his own indirect admissions he hasn’t looked for work in years … he hasn’t time to work with all the time he spends online and writing nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,815 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Talk about an unambitious target! 13% of households still being jobless is a frighteningly high number.

Life ain't always empty.

He really, really doesn't like or understand the idea of "working".

• Advertisement

He really, really doesn't like or understand the idea of "working".

But as he has so often pointed out, he does work. It's just the kind of work that only he appreciates and also allows him to continue getting the dole.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement