Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Rainfall Warning for Kerry 30 April 2017

• 29-04-2017 11:11am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭

From Met Eireann

National Weather Warnings

STATUS YELLOW

Rainfall Warning for Cork, Kerry and Limerick
    Between 20 and 35 mm of rain expected tonight and on Sunday with a risk of localised flooding.

Issued:Saturday 29 April 2017 08:00
    Valid:Saturday 29 April 2017 21:00 to Sunday 30 April 2017 18:00

EDIT: Warning updated during Saturday afternoon

Update from Met Eireann

STATUS YELLOW

Rainfall Warning for Kerry
    Heavy rain in the southwest overnight and early Sunday morning, with totals of 20 to 30 mm in southwest Kerry.

Valid:Saturday 29 April 2017 21:00 to Sunday 30 April 2017 09:00

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Pjm80wZ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Ah the usual Met Eireann game of forgetting Clare exists :)

Probably correct though, no way I'm seeing close to 20mm of rain here!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Ah the usual Met Eireann game of forgetting Clare exists :)

Probably correct though, no way I'm seeing close to 20mm of rain here!

PLEASE can you send a dollop up to Connemara? I get my water "from a mountain stream " and the taps are dry. 20mm would be wonderful :) ( Is OK: I keep bottles enough in in case)

Graces7 wrote: »
    PLEASE can you send a dollop up to Connemara? I get my water "from a mountain stream " and the taps are dry. 20mm would be wonderful :) ( Is OK: I keep bottles enough in in case)

The garden here is yellow with drought! If it can stay dry another hour, it'll have been 15 exact days since I recorded my last rainfall hence making it an official drought!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,124 ✭✭✭✭km79

Updated now to warning for just Kerry and more specifically south west Kerry
    Must have moved south
    Good stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Just saw the National Warning page at met.ie. The rainfall warning only applies to Kerry only. The warning description emphasises only south west Kerry where they're expecting 20 to 30 mm rain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Update from Met Eireann

STATUS YELLOW

Rainfall Warning for Kerry
    Heavy rain in the southwest overnight and early Sunday morning, with totals of 20 to 30 mm in southwest Kerry.

Valid:Saturday 29 April 2017 21:00 to Sunday 30 April 2017 09:00

Would they have edited the warning by any chance? :):):)

Area of LP now tracking more South whilst doing a pirouette as it forms and keeping the rain more so over Kerry during the early hours into Sun morning and keeping the strongest winds off shore as well.

AyFUuIp.gif?1

bSoi4Vs.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭weisses

Really don't mind a bit of rain ... Next week is looking dry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

No rain worth talking about yet in north Kerry and to be honest I don't see it raining for the day here

• Registered Users Posts: 14,267 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Very strong winds will develop offshore about 30-50 miles south of Bantry Bay and then these will spread towards the coast around Roches Point by mid-afternoon, whether they actually touch land or not is probably not the main concern, but marine interests should be aware of this potential -- the low is going to have a very tight gradient on its southern flank as it moves towards the south coast, then later it will weaken and start to drift east whether it comes inland or not, and redevelop over southern Britain tonight.

The main concern is for anyone taking a fishing trip in the waters south of Kerry and Cork, either avoid it or be prepared for very strong winds and large waves "out there" -- the current obs at Kinsale energy platform shows that these winds are already developing.

As to the rainfall potential, I would say 15-25 mm about as far north as Galway to south Dublin, eventually, and much lesser amounts further north.

Sunny here at the moment in West Clare with a big blue patch covering alot of the sky. Ground looks wet so it probably was raining recently, but was a surprise to wake up to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭flexcon

Ah yuck, great day rallying ahead so in soaking wet ditches and a numb face from the wind!

Warning removed completely.

Paltry amount of rain here near Tralee with just 2.8mm for event only 0.2mm since midnight ! .

Valentia got 13.6mm yesterday and looks like about 16mm since midnight.

Nice morning now, bright and breezy with passing cloud , 5 octas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭dexter647

Laois getting a lot more rain than Kerry.

Advertisement