Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

25-09-2016, 13:59   #61

Hi,
Is PTD rule applicable to Degiro customers when scalping US equities with smaller than $25K account?
Advertisement
27-09-2016, 17:27   #62
valoren

Is it possible to transfer current holdings from an irish broker to a degiro account?
27-09-2016, 17:38   #63
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Dear Valoren

It is possible to transfer your current holdings from an Irish broker to your Degiro account.
You would have to fill in a portfolio transfer form which can be found here:

https://www.degiro.ie/data/pdf/ie/Transfer_of_Invest_Portfolio.pdf

And send it to us at clients@degiro.ie along with an overview of the positions you wish to transfer.

Please note there is a fee of 10.00 EUR per position for portfolio transfers.
Thanks from:
28-09-2016, 12:09   #64
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Dear syntheticjunk

The PDT rule does not affect your DEGIRO account. For more information on risk limits when investing with DEGIRO please view this document:
https://www.degiro.co.uk/data/pdf/uk/ISI_Security_Value_Risk_Debit_Money_Debit_Securities.pdf
28-09-2016, 17:59   #65
CHorn

Is it possible to set up an account with you to use with a personal pension plan?

Have you done this with any Qualified Fund Managers (QFM) for A(M)RFs (Approved Retirement Fund) or other pension plans (PRBs, PRSAs)?

Last edited by CHorn; 29-09-2016 at 08:52.
Advertisement
29-09-2016, 07:53   #66
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Dear CHorn

Currently we don t offer a pension plan. However, more people have asked for this and it is something we are looking in to. If you want you can leave your details at our service desk and we can inform you on development in the company.
29-09-2016, 17:03   #67
Francie Barrett

I have an ISA account with Halifax from when I was living in England a few years back. The fees are high and I am thinking of moving it, but am not in a huge rush to do so. Ideally, I would like to move the account to Degiro, but you do not provide an ISA option. I am wondering, is providing an ISA a possibility at some stage in the future?
29-09-2016, 20:06   #68
Drakares

I currently live in Germany and opened up an account from degiro.de - since this is my country of residence. The last thing I need to do is transfer money to be able to see what the front-end looks like.

Can I change the language from German to English? My German is good, but I prefer trading in English. Can I change the language once I xfer money? I don't see an option to do it thus far.
30-09-2016, 07:42   #69
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francie Barrett View Post
I have an ISA account with Halifax from when I was living in England a few years back. The fees are high and I am thinking of moving it, but am not in a huge rush to do so. Ideally, I would like to move the account to Degiro, but you do not provide an ISA option. I am wondering, is providing an ISA a possibility at some stage in the future?
Like the other retirement and tax shielded accounts mentioned earlier in the thread, ISA accounts are something that we re looking into adding in the future but at the moment it is a bit too early to give a date when it will become available. If you d like, you can be added to a list of clients to be notified once this is done by mailing us at clients@degiro.ie.

Advertisement
30-09-2016, 07:42   #70
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakares View Post
I currently live in Germany and opened up an account from degiro.de - since this is my country of residence. The last thing I need to do is transfer money to be able to see what the front-end looks like.

Can I change the language from German to English? My German is good, but I prefer trading in English. Can I change the language once I xfer money? I don't see an option to do it thus far.
With an account on our German platform the language will be German. For the trader to be in English you would need to open an account on our Irish platform.
30-09-2016, 08:02   #71
Drakares

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEGIRO View Post
With an account on our German platform the language will be German. For the trader to be in English you would need to open an account on our Irish platform.
Ok thanks. I have done this. I would just like to confirm it won't be a problem using my german bank account on the Irish platform? I have already transferred funds but it will take a few days.
30-09-2016, 08:51   #72
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakares View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEGIRO View Post
Ok thanks. I have done this. I would just like to confirm it won't be a problem using my german bank account on the Irish platform? I have already transferred funds but it will take a few days.
You are able to make a transfer from a German bank account for the Irish platform.
Because this will be an international payment, information regarding the IBAN is unlikely to be contained on the transfer information, therefore our Risk department may require proof of payment for each transfer.
01-10-2016, 20:04   #73
Rockefellers

How come it's so quick and easy to open an account? Td direct made me jump through hoops, getting Id documents certified by solicitors etc, so just wondering why the process is different With de giro?
03-10-2016, 09:33   #74
DEGIRO
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockefellers View Post
How come it's so quick and easy to open an account? Td direct made me jump through hoops, getting Id documents certified by solicitors etc, so just wondering why the process is different With de giro?
We make the registration quick and easy for the convenience of our clients. As part of registration we perform bank derived identification making sure your registered name and IBAN match identically with the information on your initial payment transfer. We only require further documentation if there are any discrepancies during this process.
05-10-2016, 10:51   #75
Drakares

Hello,

I made two separate purchases on the Borse Frankfurt this morning, only a small amount of shares and this cost me €15.64 - which was just over 6% of what I paid for the shares.

I cannot find any further information on your website, but I find this fairly expensive. Is this going to cost the same to sell? Before I purchased, I was not given any indication of the cost, but since it's much cheaper on the UK, US and Irish shares - I presumed it would not be much more expensive for German Shares?

for info: one transaction of 20 shares cost me €7.50 then a second transaction fee for the same of €0.43
Forum Closed