Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Yellow Wind Warning for country 18th Nov

• 17-11-2015 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Another system arrives tomorrow with a Yellow Wind Warning in place for the country.

Tomorrow morning looks like seeing the worst for many areas.
    STATUS YELLOW

Wind Warning for Ireland
    During Wednesday southwesterly winds will reach at times mean wind speeds of 50 to 60 km/h and in exposed coastal areas gusts of 90 to 100 km/h.

Issued:Tuesday 17 November 2015 18:00
    Valid:Wednesday 18 November 2015 05:00 to Wednesday 18 November 2015 22:00

viewimage.pbx-33.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Strongest winds will be on the Donegal coast tomorrow evening. But this is regular Atlantic depression stuff for that part of the country.

arpegeuk-11-30-0_uvd8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭joela

What does this mean for flights / ferries etc. tomorrow? Will they be cancelling them again I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

joela wrote: »
    What does this mean for flights / ferries etc. tomorrow? Will they be cancelling them again I wonder?

Flights will be okay from most airports, Dublin may face some minor disruption due to the direction of the winds though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭pauldry

What an epic prewinter weatherwise we are getting(record temps, floods, storms) and there could be snow too before the end of the month if an azores high gets stuck to our West. However I think wetterzentrale always put some eye candy charts up before bedtime to excite you about upcoming weather (in Summer heatwaves that never come and in Winter snow...)

Hope theres a freezing Winter cause Ive predicted one (although Ive been wrong about many Winters)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,268 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Wind probably stays below alert criteria, rainfall heavy again in central counties and later in Ulster.

Sampling winter on the weekend but no big deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Much worse here this morning than yesterday afternoon. Very gusty and torrential rain.

Cork now with heavy rain and winds of 28kts gusting 52kts. That's alot more than I expected!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Heavy torrential rain here in Dublin 15. Must worse than in the last couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

northgirl wrote: »
    Much worse here this morning than yesterday afternoon. Very gusty and torrential rain.

I assume your in a northern county but that's as much as I can tell.

A light breeze here in north Mayo, no rain yet either.

corsav6 wrote: »

Cork city based on the history of them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Darwin

Absolutely monsoonal rain on the way into work (Carlow) this morning. Seems one thing after another yesterday's wind - it was just unreal in Carlow town.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

Thunder, lightening and heavy rain sweeping in across Donegal bay. Gone almost pitch black just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Coming down hard here now in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Weatherproof79

Latest update from met.ie. The rain will clear to showers by the afternoon but the south to southwest winds will increase for the afternoon and early evening, with damaging gusts expected. Also wind warning in effect for Northern Ireland

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Coming down hard here now in Dublin.

Monsoonal burst of rain here (in Dublin 16). Rain rate of 64.0mm/hr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Valeria Raspy Viewer

DOCARCH wrote: »

A nice soft day. Seems to have eased off in D7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

I certainly didn't expect to wake up to that torrent of rain outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Well glad that torrential rain passed. Wouldn't have fancied being out in that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭ Serenity Wonderful Velcro

DOCARCH wrote: »

I got caught walking in that around Sandyford.

I had one of them gust buster umbrellas. Turned inside out and the metal stick bent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Nasty squally showers in Galway city & gusts of 69-70 km/h

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Heavy rain overnight which had cleared by 8.30, 17.4mm in the manual gauge at 8.45 here in Ardfert.

Wind quite strong now, don't have readings but you need two hands on the car door handle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Hooter23

I think I under estimated the gusts in Galway yesterday this morning I see a huge branch broke off a large tree out the back which has never happened the 20 years it has been there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Hooter23 wrote: »
    I think I under estimated the gusts in Galway yesterday this morning I see a huge branch broke off a large tree out the back which has never happened the 20 years it has been there

It was never a 20 year old tree before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

corsav6 wrote: »

As my username clearly states, I'm located in Cork City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Hooter23

VeVeX wrote: »
    It was never a 20 year old tree before.

I suppose lol

Doesn't clearly state it (or state it at all) while on mobile, which many of us are on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just in from clearing drains around the place, i taught the rain saturday evening was bad, but it was nothing compared to the rain and wind this morning, it was insane, wind has really picked up again but thankfully its dry and sunny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

So is this storm Clodagh already? They're gonna run out of names lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Your username is northgirl, hard to get Cork from that when on mobile.

Anyway back to the light breeze, which is all it is here in Newport Mayo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

So is this storm Clodagh already? They're gonna run out of names lol

No, as there is no storm today to name!

Advertisement