Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

• 28-05-2015 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Charts looking promising! at least a bit of warmth would do! :)Rtavn2402.gif
    And Thunderstorms :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Could be the most rotten start to June I can ever remember? What ever about rain and clouds but a freezing cold breeze to go with it. Im hopeful it'll pick up in the next week or two

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭pauldry

Junes weather will make you think its a different month -- but not mon tues

From Wednesday temperature s of 18c upwards can be expected and in the Northwest it may even touch 12c for the first time since january

JOkin but its been 11.8, 10.7, 11.9, 11.4 the past 4 days in sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I thought the start of the state exams heralded the start of the heatwaves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

flazio wrote: »
    I thought the start of the state exams heralded the start of the heatwaves?

A myth. I'd say statistically that'll prove false. We all tend to remember the one or two exams that did begin in summery weather. But mostly they do not.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

This must be the worst start to the summer that i can remember. Needs to pull itself together and stop ruining our lives haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

What a nice way to say hello at summer! People in grouchy moods and horrific wind and rain (for June).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Today and the whole weekend are like something out of March....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Think you're being a bit unkind to March, more like January here in Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

I'm seeing Late November myself. And no end in sight to this infernal wind. Small window Thursday / early Friday then more of it. And the temps on the floor.

Reminds me of those summers about 5 and 6 years ago. Awful, gales and rain in 9 degrees tops.

Hows next weekend looking? Id heard there was some talk of decentish weather?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Hows next weekend looking? Id heard there was some talk of decentish weather?

There was, and they will arrive on Thursday, but it will be short-lived. Next weekend looks like another weekend with good weather for the ducks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The wife just put the heating on, 1st time in june ever, i tried to say no and explain that it was June and its summer, but she looked out the window and is having none of it.

The wind has really picked up here to, maybe because theres leaves on the trees but it seems a lot stronger then what we might get in winter

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Lousy Smarch weather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Drove from Clare to Dublin earlier. Didn't switch off the wipers once and some of the crosswind gusts in the midlands were rocking the car. Back in the house now and need to put the heating on. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

murrayp4 wrote: »
    Lousy Smarch weather

I think you'll find its Juvember :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

According to my phone the 'feels like' temperature is currently 2C here, a couple of big hail downpours temporarily turned the grass white as well

At least I have some good heat to look forward to in England by next weekend, current forecast says 26C for Friday :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Pangea

Currently 8c here in Donegal, didnt we have a christmas day of 10/12c a few years back?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Speak Now

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Fire lighting all day on the 1st of June. Usually stop lighting it late March. Usually weather doesn't bother me but im starting to get pissed off now!

In 21 days the evenings start getting shorter again!!! :'-(

Not really wink.png it's nearly mid July before that happens really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Storm 10

13 degrees in Galway and blowing a bloody gale, what's up :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Darwin

Pretty windy today alright (Laois), in fact just had the same max gust (45mph) as yesterday - I'd say right on the edge of a yellow weather warning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

This weather is so bloody depessing. Please is it to much to ask for a week of dry, sunny weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Alot windier than yesterday in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I recorded gusts to 60 mph here in Galway on my machine and just heard on RTE news that road is closed in Cork City as the wind is stripping slates off a roof, I heard a ME person on local radio here this morning saying the strong winds are gone, well they are not in fact it's worse than yesterday, should have had a warning for this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭pauldry

Less than 3 weeks till the days begin to shorten once more. Temp has been 9 to 13c for 15 of the past 17 days in sligo. There has been rain on all 17.

Id say isnt this unusual but nowadays its not. We get all sorts of weather. This is just a cold start to Summer.

Tomorrow theres a heatwave in sligo! 14c with sunshine n only 3mm of rain. We wont know ourselves. Should I get the factor 50

ITs actually shot up to 12c now.

4 years ago on christmas day it was 13.2!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,334 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

At least 2 people said to me today that we are to have a 'heatwave' by the end of the week.

Where are they getting this from. Forecasts are not great at all.

Has anyone else heard this?

I haven't heard anyone mention it but I'm not a bit surprised. There has been some talk here and elsewhere about a rise in temperatures midweek. Then again when its been struggling to reach double figures anything will appear balmy. Very disappointing night again here.

Id akin the weather today and the forecast for the next 5 days as been early April in nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

It's science :)

CGhdThiUkAAKM5C.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Speak Now

murpho999 wrote: »
    At least 2 people said to me today that we are to have a 'heatwave' by the end of the week.

Where are they getting this from. Forecasts are not great at all.

Has anyone else heard this?

They hear the British forecast and mistakenly assume we're the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,149 ✭✭✭✭fits

Models look very good this morning for the forseeable!

Advertisement