Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-04-2015, 14:48   #1
SW98

Red Dead Redemption 2

Anyone heard anything about Red Dead Redemption 2? Played both RDR and RDR Undead Nightmare and thought they were great, can' t wait for an RDR 2.
Advertisement
10-04-2015, 15:03   #2
lertsnim

This is the first I have heard of it, so what a treat.
10-04-2015, 15:05   #3
corcaigh07

No word yet, hopefully with GTA 5 finally done and dusted, Red Dead Redemption 2 is the next big Rockstar project. There was a big gap between Red Dead Revolver and Red Dead Redemption though, might be another while yet.
10-04-2015, 15:14   #4
gizmo

Red Dead is a Rockstar San Diego production so if it's being worked on, it will have been going on during GTA V development by the main team.

In terms of promo and marketing though, they more than likely have held off until all of the GTA V hype had died down for all platforms before mentioning it. So yea, hopefully we'll hear something soon either way.
10-04-2015, 15:18   #5
SW98

Hope we hear something really soon like at E3 or something like that, probably won' t though. There are a few other great games coming out this year anyway like Just Cause 3, Homefront The Revolution, Uncharted 4 etc.
Advertisement
10-04-2015, 15:30   #6
maconof

I saw in the last few months Rockstar San Diego had been hiring/trying to hire developers with experience in open world gaming. Hopefully that's a good sign!

At the least I'd love to see a RDR remastered version for the PS4.
10-04-2015, 15:33   #7
SW98

Quote:
Originally Posted by maconof View Post
I saw in the last few months Rockstar San Diego had been hiring/trying to hire developers with experience in open world gaming. Hopefully that's a good sign!

Think it' s a bit late for that. I'd rather them put the effort into making an RDR 2. Ya I wouldn't mind a remastered RDR only if they are not going to make an RDR 2.
10-04-2015, 15:34   #8
Fieldog

Quote:
I honestly would not, seems like a get out of jail free card these days in regard to game development....

How will franchises continue to move and evolve if they keep rehashing the same stuff again and again?

I want Read Dead Revolution god damnit...

Never played the original Red Dead Revolver though!
Thanks from:
10-04-2015, 15:39   #9
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

RDR 2 Is on my wishlist too.
Advertisement
10-04-2015, 15:41   #10
SW98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieldog View Post
I honestly would not, seems like a get out of jail free card these days in regard to game development....

How will franchises continue to move and evolve if they keep rehashing the same stuff again and again?

Yeah I agree, I want a continuation of RDR. I don't really want a remastered version because it would be the same thing. Remastered versions are just easy money. According to rumours RDR 2 will be called "Red Dead Redemption 2: Legends of the West". This is supposedly going to be set 10 years(or something like that) before the RDR.
10-04-2015, 15:44   #11
Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW98 View Post
Yeah I agree, I want a continuation of RDR. I don't really want a remastered version because it would be the same thing. Remastered versions are just easy money. According to rumours RDR 2 will be called "Red Dead Redemption 2: Legends of the West". This is supposedly going to be set 10 years(or something like that) before the RDR.
Landon Ricketts involved somehow maybe..he was good.
10-04-2015, 15:48   #12
maconof

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW98 View Post
Think it' s a bit late for that. I'd rather them put the effort into making an RDR 2. Ya I wouldn't mind a remastered RDR only if they are not going to make an RDR 2.
Completely agree, I'd like to play it on the PS4 remastered but only if we're not gonna get a new RDR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieldog View Post

I think it's nice to update the graphics etc for the new platforms but completely agree that the rehashing needs to take a backseat in favour of R&D and new innovative game design! Ah the original was nothing to write home about, I much preferred RDRedemption myself, but I suppose the difference between the original Xbox and Xbox 360 could've been a big factor there
10-04-2015, 15:52   #13
SW98

Quote:
Completely agree, I'd like to play it on the PS4 remastered but only if we're not gonna get a new RDR.

I think it's nice to update the graphics etc for the new platforms but completely agree that the rehashing needs to take a backseat in favour of R&D and new innovative game design! Ah the original was nothing to write home about, I much preferred RDRedemption myself, but I suppose the difference between the original Xbox and Xbox 360 could've been a big factor there
Yeah I haven't played Red Dead Revolver on PS2 but thought RDR was great on PS3.
10-04-2015, 16:09   #14
Kiith

Half Life 3, Fallout 4, RDR2...stop creating/bumping threads until there's actual news!!

*starts pathetic and broken sobbing in the corner
10-04-2015, 17:53   #15
cloud493

RDR remaster isn't happening.
I'm sure they've said don't expect a sequel anytime soon neither.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion