Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
11-01-2015, 11:40   #1
Villain
Registered User
 
Villain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 15,256
Strong winds/gales for Western/Northern Coastal Counties , Level 1 Elsewhere 11/1/15

Weather Warnings from Met Eireann

STATUS ORANGE

Wind Warning for Exposed western coasts
Southwest winds will reach mean speeds greater than 46 km/h with gusts between 80 and 110 km/h today but along exposed coasts mean speeds will reach up to 70 km/h with gusts greater than 110 km/h, strongest winds will come tonight.

Issued:Sunday 11 January 2015 04:00
Valid:Sunday 11 January 2015 09:00 to Monday 12 January 2015 09:00


STATUS YELLOW

Wind Warning for All of Ireland
Southwest winds will reach mean speeds greater than 46 km/h with gusts between 80 and 110 km/h today.

Issued:Sunday 11 January 2015 04:00
Valid:Sunday 11 January 2015 09:00 to Monday 12 January 2015 09:00
Villain is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-01-2015, 12:12   #2
Graces7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 23,022
It is brutal up here already. South Kerry mountains. Strong bitterly cold wind and sudden deluges. Seems another noisy night ahead...
Graces7 is offline  
Thanks from:
11-01-2015, 12:13   #3
Graces7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 23,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villain View Post
Weather Warnings from Met Eireann

STATUS ORANGE

Wind Warning for Exposed western coasts
Southwest winds will reach mean speeds greater than 46 km/h with gusts between 80 and 110 km/h today but along exposed coasts mean speeds will reach up to 70 km/h with gusts greater than 110 km/h, strongest winds will come tonight.

Issued:Sunday 11 January 2015 04:00
Valid:Sunday 11 January 2015 09:00 to Monday 12 January 2015 09:00


STATUS YELLOW

Wind Warning for All of Ireland
Southwest winds will reach mean speeds greater than 46 km/h with gusts between 80 and 110 km/h today.

Issued:Sunday 11 January 2015 04:00
Valid:Sunday 11 January 2015 09:00 to Monday 12 January 2015 09:00
Never quite sure what Western coasts means. As far as Kerry? Thanks
Graces7 is offline  
11-01-2015, 13:18   #4
goat2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,760
are we in for a bad night tonight,
i was looking at mt craniums reading, and it looks like we are in for a bad shake on the south west coast, will it be anything like last February,s damaging near hurricane winds that overturned high sided vehicles and brought down hundreds of trees.
goat2 is offline  
11-01-2015, 13:39   #5
maquiladora
Registered User
 
maquiladora's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 11,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat2 View Post
are we in for a bad night tonight,
i was looking at mt craniums reading, and it looks like we are in for a bad shake on the south west coast, will it be anything like last February,s damaging near hurricane winds that overturned high sided vehicles and brought down hundreds of trees.
Tonight? No, nothing bad at all. Similar to a couple of days ago. Gusts up to around 110 km/h on the northwest coast, 80-90 km/h on the southwest coast. Standard windy winter weather, nothing at all like last February.
maquiladora is offline  
Advertisement
11-01-2015, 14:15   #6
Graces7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 23,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by maquiladora View Post
Tonight? No, nothing bad at all. Similar to a couple of days ago. Gusts up to around 110 km/h on the northwest coast, 80-90 km/h on the southwest coast. Standard windy winter weather, nothing at all like last February.
Bad enough! Status orange alert
Graces7 is offline  
11-01-2015, 14:25   #7
maquiladora
Registered User
 
maquiladora's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 11,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graces7 View Post
Bad enough! Status orange alert
Orange kicks in if forecast gusts reach 110 km/h. That's strong enough for inland areas, but for the exposed northwest coasts that's more like a typical windy winter day. Anyway, that's probably a discussion for another thread.
maquiladora is offline  
(2) thanks from:
11-01-2015, 14:29   #8
Greenmachine
Registered User
 
Greenmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,934
Weather nothing like the last few day here in D.3. Dublin
Greenmachine is offline  
Thanks from:
11-01-2015, 19:42   #9
aisling86
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 327
Starting to kick off in mid cork. I can hear the wind over the TV
aisling86 is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-01-2015, 19:45   #10
dalta5billion
Registered User
 
dalta5billion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,016
Real gusty in Wicklow today. I wish I had a camera with me for the massive tree we found across the river near Laragh. Took half the river bank with it.
dalta5billion is offline  
11-01-2015, 21:21   #11
Oscar Bravo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,157
highest gust on the 2100 reports is Kinsale energy at 51Knots, followed by Malin head at 48 Knots.
Oscar Bravo is offline  
11-01-2015, 22:51   #12
Speak Now
Registered User
 
Speak Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,911
Bit breezier than the previous "event" here in Waterford, gusting up to 80 Km/h.
Speak Now is offline  
11-01-2015, 22:54   #13
Meteorite58
Moderator
 
Meteorite58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7,292
Wind picking up on the Kerry coast all evening, gust of 76 kph (41 kts) SW a short time ago.

Bar 1008.4mb falling Rapidly
Meteorite58 is offline  
Thanks from:
11-01-2015, 22:55   #14
Oscar Bravo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,157
Likewise here in Castlebar, winds on the increase, with band of rain just off the NW coast
Oscar Bravo is offline  
Thanks from:
11-01-2015, 23:10   #15
mickger844posts
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,676
Winds picking up here now with a current Max of 58km/h at my station and 78km/h at the more coastal Waterford Airport

www.waterfordcityweather.com

www.waterfordcityweather.com/weather2/index.php
mickger844posts is offline  
Thanks from:
Thread Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search