Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v4] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 roise2000

Getting people pregnant is Paul's superpower. If he walks through the zoo, animals start giving birth. He can't help believing her, evidence or not.

On a serious note, is there any reason himself and Niamh haven't tried for a child?[/QUOTE

Not 100 per cent sure but I think a couple of years ago Niamh found out she was infertile

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

What age is Paul supposed to be? Jane has been going on about him taking advantage of her when she was only 19. Twenty years ago Paul can't have been much older himself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Paul - born c1966

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I wish the insufferable Charlie Kelly and his smelly feet and his interfering busy body gossip of a wife would fcuk off.
    Anyone ever notice Leo's hands? They're like shovels.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Somebody should show Paul how to use the record function on his phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

MJ23 wrote: »
    I wish the insufferable Charlie Kelly and his smelly feet and his interfering busy body gossip of a wife would fcuk off.
    Anyone ever notice Leo's hands? They're like shovels.

Leo's hands deserve their own credits in the actors listings. They seem to have a life if their own at times!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Um, Niamh? Are you going to ask Paul why he just burst into the house shouting?
    More plot craters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Ha ha ha

I love what Paul said to Jane

"50 grand and a sun holiday. Wouldn't it be ironic if you came back with skin cancer"

The best line tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

There are certain things you dont joke about and cancer is one. Tonight way way out of line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Paul - born c1966

Actually no - Paul's 50th was almost two years ago I reckon. A joke of a scene where there's a suprise party for him in McCoy's - about six ppl were there!

• Advertisement

ryanf1 wrote: »
    There are certain things you dont joke about and cancer is one. Tonight way way out of line.

Sorry but how did the show joke about cancer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

desbrook wrote: »

Paul said something like 'wouldn't it be ironic if you returned from your little holiday with skin cancer'.
    Unnecessary, but personally I wouldn't see it as Fair City belittling cancer, I would see it as the writers letting us see what an odious little man Paul is.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Paul said something like 'wouldn't it be ironic if you returned from your little holiday with skin cancer'.
    Unnecessary, but personally I wouldn't see it as Fair City belittling cancer, I would see it as the writers letting us see what an odious little man Paul is.

Personally I thought it was a great line. It would be ironic if she got skin cancer! Hardly a joke though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Tedious and badly written storyline, I hope that's the end of it but I doubt it. How stupid is Paul, surely he could have told Niamh the truth and called Jane's bluff. Did anyone else notice Paul dropping a piece of paper accidentally when Niamh was hoovering ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

jos28 wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice Paul dropping a piece of paper accidentally when Niamh was hoovering ?

Yes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

The whole storyline gave the wring message. A step too far IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Judith is a head wrecker :(

• Registered Users Posts: 84,988 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If Jane cared one ounce for Callum she should have told him the truth tonight she was heartless and cruel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

Actually no - Paul's 50th was almost two years ago I reckon. A joke of a scene where there's a suprise party for him in McCoy's - about six ppl were there!

paul isnt 50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

dee_mc wrote: »

i think its rather realistic that he may say that after the way she has acted. Its not as if he can control cancer. Its not a nice line and insensitive but a realistic reaction in my opinion, not that i would ever use it myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Mollie Josephine

Poor Esther .. just when she thought she got a ready made family and TJ + baby Lily go back to his girlfriend - she seems genuinely upset - she had a grand-daughter of her own - what do you say we bring her and her Mum back to Carrigstown ?

paul isnt 50

Agreed he doesn't look it but guarantee you that's his screen age and more !

Poor Esther - she will be missing TJ & Baby Lily - I would say she would love to have her grand-daughter with her !

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭dixiedan

I got great joy out of seeing Brennan ...the faldy bucker...terrified about his wife finding out about the picture of his (non) affair with Jane :P

Can't stand the guy after some of the stuff he did in the past !

Is Jane gone for good anyway?

I wish someone would give Ama a one way ticket out of Carrigstown. Very irritating character .... such a goody two shoes ffs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

dixiedan wrote: »
    I wish someone would give Ama a one way ticket out of Carrigstown. Very irritating character .... such a goody two shoes ffs :D
    Yes i absolutely hate her and her ridiculously contrived accent.She's so bloody annoying.

Tony Tormey is 50 this year - don't know what age he is meant to be in Fair City - he started in the soap in 1989 - that is 25 years this year -

Jane stirred things up so much I would say we haven't seen the end of her ! And now that Ama has got the job in the surgery we are set to set more of her !

fell bad for Esther she is felling lonely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

I thought the best line tonight was right at the start, Caoimhe to Ama/Alma: shouldnt you be at mass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yeah and the second interview for a job in a doctors surgery is held in the local restaurant, and although there were seemingly "6 other people who were perfect for the job" according to Judith the person who was late and couldn't put a coherent sentence together at the time gets the job.

Like that would happen in real life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement