Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Charity Auction - unique opportunity to purchase one of Beasty's KOMs!!

• 11-10-2013 8:08pm
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,180 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

All proceeds to be paid directly to le petit braquet's mycharity funding page

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to acquire one of my KOMs. These cannot be bought in any shop, and I've checked Amazon and Ebay and cannot find any available there either

The winner will receive the ride pre-loaded onto a Garmin Edge 800, pictured below:

b1c24789-ae52-4cb0-8840-27d716c09e6c_zps76fe2973.jpg?t=1381517672

Excellent condition. The Garmin will be retained by the purchaser. Please note I will not split.

Bids start at 1c - auction closes at 2pm on Friday 18 October

I will pay postage and will match the final price with an equivalent donation to LPB's mycharity page

The small print:
    Please note the winner can choose any of my current KOMs. I cannot guarantee it will not be beaten by a 3rd party between reaching agreement with the purchaser and delivery of the KOM, In addition I reserve the right to regain the KOM at a future date ....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

May as well cut through the madness and start off at €100 to get the ball rolling, fair play Beasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

May as well cut through the madness and start off at €100 to get the ball rolling, fair play Beasty.

€150 bid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

€180

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Does it come with the stem mount?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,180 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Does it come with the stem mount?

You want my KOM mounted on your stem? I know it will be worth reminding yourself about, but really??

I will however provide a mount (which will work on both bar or stem), rubber bands to hold it and the required computer cable for the Garmin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

bcmf wrote: »
    €180

€ 190 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

201€

€220, If I get it the KOM is up for grabs!

€220, If I get it the KOM is up for grabs!

€225. If I get it, I'll personally go out and beat said KOM just to lord it over Beasty...again...and as usual...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,180 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

€225. If I get it, I'll personally go out and beat said KOM

Haha! You've certainly been trying ....

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    Haha! You've certainly been trying ....

Oh so there's a specific one in mind so?

Oh so there's a specific one in mind so?

You can choose from my vast array, some of which go past your front door.

Beasty wrote: »
    You can choose from my vast array, some of which go past your front door.

FLAT ROADS DO NOT COUNT AS KOMS!!!!! NEITHER DO DOWNHILLS!!!

I am bound by Strava - if they list it in my KOMs, it's up for grabs.

... and don't forget the Garmin - that must be worth a few extra quid;)

And the winner is Lusk_Doyle

Please review my KOMs (you know where to find them;)) and let me know which you would like

Dang. I was thinking of chucking in another bid, I forgot lunch was cut off time.
    Ah well, well done to ye both, a fine lump of money for the fund!!

Advertisement