Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

05-03-2014, 18:46   #3436
pmy.murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter10 View Post
You hit the nail on the head there deiseach not only do Kilkenny want to win all round them ( which is grand) but they also want 'to be loved' hence all the false modesty when KK players or management are interviewed. Of course it all right for them to have a primeval hatred of Tipp- thats different of course, the rest of us should tip the hat and bend the knee to them! Dont think so, if we did we'd be....Offaly.
Sure if yee were decent neighbours yee probably should do. All yee seem to do is begrudge us and make little of our achievements by picking them apart the whole time (ie. yee had refs on yere side, yere on the way down, such and such a team had no backs and as some other clown mentioned previously, the false modesty in interviews etc), that sort of crap I hear from Waterford people the whole time. What I meant by wishing us well I didnt mean in a literal sense, I meant that yee never seem to give us credit where its due. Im just waiting now for someone to belittle the 4 in a row, "oh yee had no real competition" "Overrated". Come on whos going to be the first? Nobody said anything about loving us, who cares about that? But yee are just so bitter yee cant give us credit where its due. Seeing as someone else brought Tipp into it, I remember in 2010 after the match, a Tipp fan turning to me on the hill after the match and shaking my hand commiserating and saying we would be back. I heard many stories of similar events that day too. One thing about the Tipp-Kilkenny rivalry, it is a ferocious rivalry and both hate each other but at the same time theres a genuine respect there. Cant say the same for Waterford though
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-03-2014, 19:14   #3437
IanVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmy.murphy View Post
Sure if yee were decent neighbours yee probably should do. All yee seem to do is begrudge us and make little of our achievements by picking them apart the whole time (ie. yee had refs on yere side, yere on the way down, such and such a team had no backs and as some other clown mentioned previously, the false modesty in interviews etc), that sort of crap I hear from Waterford people the whole time. What I meant by wishing us well I didnt mean in a literal sense, I meant that yee never seem to give us credit where its due. Im just waiting now for someone to belittle the 4 in a row, "oh yee had no real competition" "Overrated". Come on whos going to be the first? Nobody said anything about loving us, who cares about that? But yee are just so bitter yee cant give us credit where its due. Seeing as someone else brought Tipp into it, I remember in 2010 after the match, a Tipp fan turning to me on the hill after the match and shaking my hand commiserating and saying we would be back. I heard many stories of similar events that day too. One thing about the Tipp-Kilkenny rivalry, it is a ferocious rivalry and both hate each other but at the same time theres a genuine respect there. Cant say the same for Waterford though
You cant paint all waterford people the same way. Im from waterford and proud and still have genuine respect for Kilkennys achievements! Most waterford people do!
05-03-2014, 20:08   #3438
TGV

Actually most waterford people would have admiration for kk hurlers and what they have achieved. And i guess we would like to be in your position. Now go away and come back when you have something constructive to discuss about hurling
05-03-2014, 20:39   #3439
The blue blaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deise_2012 View Post
I think Jamie Nagle will swap with McNulty
I agree with you there I think if anyone from half back line were to move it will be Nagle,I doubt Philip Mahony would be moved out of wing back but I wouldn't be surprised if McNulty started midfield. Either way plenty of positives can be taken from it.
05-03-2014, 20:53   #3440

Quote:
Sad. Its only gaa at the end of the day. You should get out more and meet more people from different counties
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-03-2014, 21:01   #3441
Deskjockey

Quote:
Ya poor thing, you nearly have me crying in sympathy for your plight. Waa waa waa. I've never heard anything but overbearing condescension - ever- from KK fans re Waterford hurling, so don't be surprised if ye're not feeling the love back petal
05-03-2014, 21:32   #3442
deiseach

Okay, which of ye lads is this pmy.murphy geezer? You could make him up.
05-03-2014, 21:58   #3443
pmy.murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by deiseach View Post
Okay, which of ye lads is this pmy.murphy geezer? You could make him up.
Ah well best of luck being bridesmaids haha. Its all Waterford will ever be. Ya cant beat tradition. We didnt beat yee by half enough in that 08 All Ireland. Also read somewhere yesterday about Davy Fitz getting assaulted by a few Waterford fans after the 2011 Munster Final. You stay classy
Thanks from:
05-03-2014, 22:02   #3444

Quote:
Ah well best of luck being bridesmaids haha. Its all Waterford will ever be. Ya cant beat tradition. We didnt beat yee by half enough in that 08 All Ireland. Also read somewhere yesterday about Davy Fitz getting assaulted by a few Waterford fans after the 2011 Munster Final. You stay classy

and you wonder why people don't wish ye well,you don't have scrath hard for this response from a sizable minority of the Kilkenny support tbh

pity really,they have no reason for this bitterness
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-03-2014, 22:05   #3445
pmy.murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwaterford View Post
and you wonder why people don't wish ye well,you don't have scrath hard for this response from a sizable minority of the Kilkenny support tbh

pity really,they have no reason for this bitterness
Ill be honest with you im actually a minority. The majority of Kilkenny people actually like Waterford which sickens me considering how much they hate us. Just saying
05-03-2014, 22:13   #3446

Quote:
Ill be honest with you im actually a minority. The majority of Kilkenny people actually like Waterford which sickens me considering how much they hate us. Just saying
with quote like below,which are to regulary heard from Kilkenny people as far as I can tell is it any wonder there not liked tbf
with the way they laughed and spat at Waterford fans on hill 16 in 08 (other years as well,just 08 was one of the worst I recall)...it'll be a long time before id even consider shouting for them...
its a pity as they have some great hurlers....sure jesus shefflin is surly up with the best he is worth 3 or 4 players to them

Quote:
05-03-2014, 22:17   #3447
bullpost

What are you on about? I love to see Kilkenny do well - in the football

Quote:
05-03-2014, 22:21   #3448
pmy.murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwaterford View Post
with quote like below,which are to regulary heard from Kilkenny people as far as I can tell is it any wonder there not liked tbf
with the way they laughed and spat at Waterford fans on hill 16 in 08 (other years as well,just 08 was one of the worst I recall)...it'll be a long time before id even consider shouting for them...
its a pity as they have some great hurlers....sure jesus shefflin is surly up with the best he is worth 3 or 4 players to them
He is but seriously Waterford are no angels either. Theres a lot of niggle there from both sides. Ya cant say one side are worse than the other. The main reason i dislike waterford is not just because they hate us but because they hate us to such an extent they refuse to even recognise or acknowldege our achievements and all they do is pick them apart the whole time. Not saying anything about you obviously you have your reasons which is understandable but theres a lot of people who dont. As you say yourself about Henry Shefflin, I have a lot of respect for Tony Browne. Sure its a crime not to have respect for a great of the game no matter what county their from. Lar Corbett is another.

Last edited by pmy.murphy; 05-03-2014 at 22:26.
05-03-2014, 22:27   #3449
dzilla

Quote:

Go way back under the bridge
(4) thanks from:
05-03-2014, 22:30   #3450

Quote:
He is but seriously Waterford are no angels either. Theres a lot of niggle there from both sides. Ya cant say one side are worse than the other. The main reason i dislike waterford is not just because they hate us but because they hate us to such an extent they refuse to even recognise or acknowldege our achievements and all they do is pick them apart the whole time. Not saying anything about you obviously you have your reasons which is understandable but theres a lot of people who dont. As you say yourself about Henry Shefflin, I have a lot of respect for Tony Browne. Sure its a crime not to have respect for a great of the game no matter what county their from. Lar Corbett is another.

he is not even liked in tipp
(2) thanks from:
Thread Closed