Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
29-06-2013, 21:58   #1
Grandeeod
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Where it suits
Posts: 6,039
Photo Thread

Thought I'd support this new forum. I'm not a bus enthusiast, but I came across these historic gems on a FB page I frequent. Worth a look.

First 18 from Ballyfermot.jpg

17A 1980s.jpg

Skid pan Broadstone.jpg

79.jpg

Leyland Royal Tiger.jpg
Grandeeod is offline  
Advertisement
29-06-2013, 21:59   #2
Grandeeod
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Where it suits
Posts: 6,039
Some more.

Busaras.jpg

Leyland Royal Tiger2.jpg
Grandeeod is offline  
Thanks from:
29-06-2013, 22:00   #3
Grandeeod
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Where it suits
Posts: 6,039
Maybe the Mods might want to sticky this thread.
Grandeeod is offline  
30-06-2013, 00:17   #4
BenShermin
Registered User
 
BenShermin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 700
As a Ballyfermot lad I'm enjoying the memories here.
BenShermin is offline  
Thanks from:
30-06-2013, 00:22   #5
BenShermin
Registered User
 
BenShermin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 700
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/80246451@N02/8711015879/

Saw this a few weeks ago on my Flickr flicking. Is this ripping the piss or what?
BenShermin is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-06-2013, 00:28   #6
Grandeeod
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Where it suits
Posts: 6,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenShermin View Post
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/80246451@N02/8711015879/

Saw this a few weeks ago on my Flickr flicking. Is this ripping the piss or what?
Wasn't like that when I was a student!!
Grandeeod is offline  
Thanks from:
30-06-2013, 00:35   #7
BenShermin
Registered User
 
BenShermin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 700
You could be a real arsehole and ask the bus driver to open the luggage doors for your school bag
BenShermin is offline  
(2) thanks from:
30-06-2013, 07:27   #8
corktina
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 17,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandeeod View Post
Thought I'd support this new forum. I'm not a bus enthusiast, but I came across these historic gems on a FB page I frequent. Worth a look.

Attachment 260454

Attachment 260455

Attachment 260456

Attachment 260457

Attachment 260458
Is there a story behind the 17A on Northern Plates?
corktina is offline  
30-06-2013, 10:37   #9
Grandeeod
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Where it suits
Posts: 6,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by corktina View Post
Is there a story behind the 17A on Northern Plates?
There is. Its in Ulster Bus colours and was on demonstration to Dublin Bus. I think the photo dates from 1989.
Grandeeod is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
30-06-2013, 13:48   #10
Losty Dublin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,485
A selection of ex DB Olympians parked up at M3 Parkway station. Which looking rather Impish, this is actually their new private livery which has been applied to them.

Losty Dublin is offline  
30-06-2013, 14:33   #11
chinwag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dublin
Posts: 376
Came across these pics (link below). There was also a good thread (with photos) in 2008 about Dublin bus and street scenes started by a boards mod.
However, here is my humble offering to this thread.

http://transportsceneireland.smugmug...2226&k=5mJLTbr
chinwag is offline  
30-06-2013, 14:59   #12
steamengine
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinwag View Post
Came across these pics (link below). There was also a good thread (with photos) in 2008 about Dublin bus and street scenes started by a boards mod.
However, here is my humble offering to this thread.

http://transportsceneireland.smugmug...2226&k=5mJLTbr

Went to school on those buses, the open platform with that vertical bar was very handy for boarding when the bus was in motion. The more skilled could board at speed. As the bus passed by you grabbed the bar firmly with the left hand and then the right. The legs would trail out behind at first, and then fall back on to the platform. Some conductors were not too amused. How H&S has changed.
steamengine is offline  
Thanks from:
30-06-2013, 23:21   #13
Karsini
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 16,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losty Dublin View Post
A selection of ex DB Olympians parked up at M3 Parkway station. Which looking rather Impish, this is actually their new private livery which has been applied to them.
Are they the Jerry Nolan ones? I see one heading down Santry Avenue most mornings. The centre door has been removed but the flap which contained the door open handle still remains.
Karsini is offline  
30-06-2013, 23:36   #14
Losty Dublin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsini View Post
Are they the Jerry Nolan ones? I see one heading down Santry Avenue most mornings. The centre door has been removed but the flap which contained the door open handle still remains.
These seem to have had the doors retained in them but they may well have been converted since then; it was March when I met them.
Losty Dublin is offline  
01-07-2013, 01:12   #15
KCAccidental
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenShermin View Post
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/80246451@N02/8711015879/

Saw this a few weeks ago on my Flickr flicking. Is this ripping the piss or what?
They sometimes used to use the bigger coaches for the morning college rush. Thought the deckers had eliminated the need for them in recent years though!
KCAccidental is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet