Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-08-2016, 10:43   #151
corkdad

Vintage Zetor Diesel Pump repairs, Cork

Hi, I was wondering if anyone reading this can give me advice on where I can find someone near Cork City to repair the diesel pump on my Zetor Tractor (6911). I had a lead on someone near Waterfall, but alas the gentleman passed away.
I would be very grateful for some advice.
Ta,
Corkdad
Advertisement
11-08-2016, 12:11   #152
tomwaterford

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkdad View Post
Hi, I was wondering if anyone reading this can give me advice on where I can find someone near Cork City to repair the diesel pump on my Zetor Tractor (6911). I had a lead on someone near Waterfall, but alas the gentleman passed away.
I would be very grateful for some advice.
Ta,
Corkdad
As in injector pump?
11-08-2016, 12:18   #153
corkdad

Hi Tomwaterford,
Yes the injector pump. The tractor is very hard to start and hunts like mad unless you have the throttle at least half open. Overall the tractor is in reasonably original condition, and I want to start restoring it slowly now. (I could also use it at the moment!)
Ta,
John
11-08-2016, 13:26   #154
tomwaterford

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkdad View Post
Hi Tomwaterford,
Yes the injector pump. The tractor is very hard to start and hunts like mad unless you have the throttle at least half open. Overall the tractor is in reasonably original condition, and I want to start restoring it slowly now. (I could also use it at the moment!)
Ta,
John
Hardly something silly like drawing air on orings around filter etc
Or on lift pump??

There's gleesons (think thats their name) in cashel...or wexford diesel

Be careful for timing when removing it
28-09-2016, 15:20   #155
oldskooler

fair play terry. your still hard at it i see. fair play.
Advertisement
10-02-2017, 18:29   #156
war29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayc1981 View Post
Thanks for the information, I will try during the week.
Hi did you ever get in contact with that lad in Clare I'm just starting into a rebuild on a 2511 and will have to get mudguards.
14-02-2017, 16:39   #157
war29

Any idea where I would find the piece that connects the front light to the panel of the tractor. Currently the 2511 that I am restoring is missing one. Theres a close up of one on the 2511 post.
12-07-2017, 11:08   #158
donald_dukw

This forum topic restoring  old Zetors has a lot to answer for.  I've been lookin for  a Zetor 5711 and had one bought. Even ordered steel mudguards for it. Last minute deal fell through  as it was sold from under me.   They'll be going on ebay I guess. 
Long story short, I bought an old 1986 Zetor 8011 to do up keep  with my 2 little MF 35's ( one is a vineyard  model ).  I'm in England and second hand bits are hard to get hold of.
I need to fiind an original seat, passenger seat and toolbox. Is there any Zetor breakers in Ireland that might have these bits?
Thanks.
12-07-2017, 11:12   #159
donald_dukw

I ordered new wings and paint from John Conaty.   I have the red and  beige paint ordered  but should the cab be painted silver or Beige?

Thanks again.
Advertisement
28-07-2017, 23:46   #160
JimTreacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald_dukw View Post
This forum topic restoring  old Zetors has a lot to answer for.  I've been lookin for  a Zetor 5711 and had one bought. Even ordered steel mudguards for it. Last minute deal fell through  as it was sold from under me.   They'll be going on ebay I guess. 
Long story short, I bought an old 1986 Zetor 8011 to do up keep  with my 2 little MF 35's ( one is a vineyard  model ).  I'm in England and second hand bits are hard to get hold of.
I need to fiind an original seat, passenger seat and toolbox. Is there any Zetor breakers in Ireland that might have these bits?
Thanks.
There is a lad in Rathdowney Co. Laois called Neville Stanley he does all tractor parts especially old Zetor, I don't have his number but I used him years ago when I started out. If you look him up on the internet he might be able to sort you.
Thanks from:
02-08-2017, 20:24   #161
JimTreacy

The Zetor were like the old Hino lorries years ago used and abused lads keep them going to the last.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion