Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
02-02-2013, 17:06   #1
aliciaaddams
Registered User
 
aliciaaddams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
Irish Beauty Bloggers. Mod note in Post 7

As a beauty blogger myself I would love to read more blog from fellow Irish writers so please leave your links below. Also I was wondering what you all think of the beauty blogging world here in Ireland? Would I be worth while for more to join, or impossible to even get noticed?
aliciaaddams is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
02-02-2013, 23:00   #2
Ziegfeldgirl27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 787
I just started my blog, it's http://ziegfeldgirlbeauty.blogspot.com

So far I love doing it, I will be doing a new post tomorrow Plus reviewing stuff doesn't make me feel guilty about how much cosmetics I buy! lol
Ziegfeldgirl27 is offline  
03-02-2013, 13:25   #3
SmokeyEyes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,026
Hey there I have one which you can see in my signature or if you click on my username! Just celebrated the blog's first birthday, love blogging so much
There are loads of Irish blogs out there now but definitely room for more if you're really into it. I started a year ago and had no readers and now I'm really happy with the blog and how it's doing, it's great fun and can open doors for you!

Last edited by SmokeyEyes; 03-02-2013 at 13:29.
SmokeyEyes is offline  
03-02-2013, 13:36   #4
Belle Morte
Registered User
 
Belle Morte's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 190
I was actually just thinking of starting a thread like this the other day! I'd love to find more Irish blogs, I'm only addicted to them!

My top three favs are actually from fellow Boardsies too

Ones which I love and have to check every day are:

www.makeupmonster.ie
Fantastic for getting info on the latest product launches, swatches and reviews

Www.cuti-clue-les.blogspot.ie
Such a clever name and I'm in awe of her nail art skills!

Www.miss-greeneyes.blogspot.ie
Fantastic swatches and such a lovely lady to boot also!

I've also got an aul beauty blog too, I'm still learning the ropes and a bit of a n00b to it all though so go easy on me!

Http://BelleMorteBeauty.blogspot.ie

I'm really looking forward to come across lots of lovely new Irish Beauty Blogs.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on yours Ziegfeldgirl27 now that I know about it
Belle Morte is offline  
(3) thanks from:
03-02-2013, 16:17   #5
SmokeyEyes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Morte View Post
I was actually just thinking of starting a thread like this the other day! I'd love to find more Irish blogs, I'm only addicted to them!

My top three favs are actually from fellow Boardsies too

Ones which I love and have to check every day are:

www.makeupmonster.ie
Fantastic for getting info on the latest product launches, swatches and reviews

Www.cuti-clue-les.blogspot.ie
Such a clever name and I'm in awe of her nail art skills!

Www.miss-greeneyes.blogspot.ie
Fantastic swatches and such a lovely lady to boot also!

I've also got an aul beauty blog too, I'm still learning the ropes and a bit of a n00b to it all though so go easy on me!

Http://BelleMorteBeauty.blogspot.ie

I'm really looking forward to come across lots of lovely new Irish Beauty Blogs.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on yours Ziegfeldgirl27 now that I know about it
Ah thank you for including me you're very sweet!!

I love all the ones you've listed including your own which I've stuck on my Bloglovin feed so I can keep up to date!
SmokeyEyes is offline  
Advertisement
03-02-2013, 19:19   #6
aliciaaddams
Registered User
 
aliciaaddams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
Awesome I'll be sure to check them all out. I'll link my blog when im done editing it up. In the mean time here are some of my favourite bloggers.

http://www.makeupmonster.ie/
http://thunderandthreads.blogspot.ie/
http://tarmartales.com/
http://maggiemunster.blogspot.ie/
http://beaut.ie/blog/
http://www.annasaccone.com/
http://elliejayden.com/
aliciaaddams is offline  
Thanks from:
03-02-2013, 22:21   #7
Twee.
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,969
Mod Notice

This thread can be a great source for the forum especially with the rise in popularity in blogging, it's mentioned in the Blogs sticky, so we feel some ground rules can make it a smooth operation. This is the designated thread for letting us know about your blog.

This is a discussion thread, not a place for one-post-wonders to advertise. We expect posters to contribute to this thread & forum and create discussion, there's lots of questions in the OP. Please don't just post your own blog and go. We welcome you to let us know about your blog, and also become part of our community! The mods reserve the right to remove posts that are suspected to be a post-and-dash.

Last edited by Twee.; 03-02-2013 at 22:26.
Twee. is offline  
04-02-2013, 12:12   #8
CBFi
Registered User
 
CBFi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 425
Love this thread idea! I'm not a blogger...but I'm a blog addict! I've been tempted to start one so I'll be interested in opinions on the viability of more coming on the scene. Also perhaps bloggers could include their top tips/likes for blogs?

Maybe Vlogs could also been included? I'd love to find the Irish version of Missglamorazzi!
CBFi is offline  
Thanks from:
04-02-2013, 17:08   #9
nursemar88
Registered User
 
nursemar88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliciaaddams View Post
As a beauty blogger myself I would love to read more blog from fellow Irish writers so please leave your links below. Also I was wondering what you all think of the beauty blogging world here in Ireland? Would I be worth while for more to join, or impossible to even get noticed?
I am a beauty blogger here in Ireland and I love it! I think the community is great and you can meet some great people and friends through it. I think the more the merrier. Its always good when I see a new blogger and I'll always support them. It is hard to get noticed but to be honest that's not really why I do it. I just do it coz I love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFi View Post
Love this thread idea! I'm not a blogger...but I'm a blog addict! I've been tempted to start one so I'll be interested in opinions on the viability of more coming on the scene. Also perhaps bloggers could include their top tips/likes for blogs?

Maybe Vlogs could also been included? I'd love to find the Irish version of Missglamorazzi!
My top tips are just go for it! If you want to blog then do. Try have a good-ish camera and take good quality photos if you can. Doesn't have to be expensive but just natural daylight and a white piece of paper backing. Also if you are reviewing a product, always include swatches when possible. I hate to see someone reviewing like a palette but with no swatches! Thats just my preference.

if anyone wants to check it out, my blog is http://highlifeofmars.blogspot.ie/
nursemar88 is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
04-02-2013, 17:11   #10
SmokeyEyes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,026
Totally agree, I use my mobile to take some of the photos on my blog and you wouldn't know the difference! Light is your biggest friend for clear photos and then use some of the fantastic free sites out there to edit the photos such as Pixlr and PicMonkey. These will make them look more polished and professional.

Swatches are really important, I'm obsessed with them

Make sure you read over your posts for mistakes and take your time finding your blog voice. Remember at the start it'll be quiet but keep at it and you never know how far you can go!

I'm actually going to post up my blogging tips so I'll paste the article in here if that's ok! I've posted up about it, it's a little long so not sure if it's ok to post up here!

Last edited by SmokeyEyes; 04-02-2013 at 17:28.
SmokeyEyes is offline  
(2) thanks from:
04-02-2013, 21:39   #11
Twee.
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,969
I love swatches that are actually on the corresponding face part! A line of lipstick on someone's forearm doesn't really do it for me unfortunately. Or when a post (I'm looking at you, Beaut.ie!) gushes about a foundation and all its merits, but then the swatch is just a bit on the back of their hand. I wanna see the results!


I really like Viva Adonis http://www.vivaadonis.com/

The more Irish blogs the better, stuff prices in euro and that we can actually pick up for have shipped here.
Twee. is offline  
04-02-2013, 22:38   #12
gillapino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twee. View Post
I love swatches that are actually on the corresponding face part! A line of lipstick on someone's forearm doesn't really do it for me unfortunately. Or when a post (I'm looking at you, Beaut.ie!) gushes about a foundation and all its merits, but then the swatch is just a bit on the back of their hand. I wanna see the results!
I agree, Nothing worse, so hard to get an idea of what something looks like when its just on the back of hand, Good photography is also a must. I also like http://thunderandthreads.blogspot.ie and http://tarmartales.com both a combination of beauty and fashion.
gillapino is offline  
(2) thanks from:
05-02-2013, 11:56   #13
SmokeyEyes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,026
I try and do both when at all possible, I actually find swatches of products next to one another helpful so I try to include the products on and on my arm to give a better idea of the colour!

Agree Viva Adonis is a great blog and love the layout, a lot of hard work goes into it!
SmokeyEyes is offline  
05-02-2013, 12:11   #14
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twee. View Post
I love swatches that are actually on the corresponding face part! A line of lipstick on someone's forearm doesn't really do it for me unfortunately. Or when a post (I'm looking at you, Beaut.ie!) gushes about a foundation and all its merits, but then the swatch is just a bit on the back of their hand. I wanna see the results!
I agree, I much prefer pictures of the product on the area it's meant to be worn.

I also love when you get pics of how well it lasts on, for those products that claim to last forever.
gingernut125 is offline  
05-02-2013, 14:47   #15
ams
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,279
agreed re the swatches Twee -

http://www.lovelygirliebits.com/ are really good for lip swatches. i also like Emerald Eyeliner and Make up Over Mind - she does some stunning looks.

Not an Irish blog but for lip colour I love the Sunday Girl - she always makes me want the lipsticks so bad
ams is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet