Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-12-2012, 23:50   #1
Karsini
Abort, Retry, Fail?

Send a message via Skype™ to Karsini
RailWorks: Dublin-Limerick/Cork

Beta testing this one at the moment. I'm not under NDA so I'll post a few shots from Cork. Should be released soon.

The route is well detailed and the exterior of the stock looks pretty good. The interiors are still WIP though - the cabs are based off a UK Class 66 and the coach interior is a modified UK Mark 3. Well worth a go if you have RailWorks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cork1.jpg (648.1 KB, 216 views)
File Type: jpg cork2.jpg (521.4 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg rathpeacon.jpg (699.8 KB, 189 views)
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
03-12-2012, 08:50   #2
flyingsnail

Is this a free mod like the last one or is an official one that you will have to pay for?
Thanks from:
03-12-2012, 10:11   #3
Karsini
Abort, Retry, Fail?

The mod itself is free, but it uses some assets from other routes, which may or may not be free.
Thanks from:
03-12-2012, 16:15   #4
Itssoeasy

So will this be an official release on railworks ? And the class 66 is an extra add on anyway.
03-12-2012, 17:07   #5
Karsini
Abort, Retry, Fail?

I don't know for certain but I'd assume not. Three early versions were uploaded to UKTrainSim over the last few years. The last release on there at the moment goes as far as Limerick Junction and Limerick city. The final release goes all the way to Cork and Limerick. The track for the Nenagh branch is present but no scenery is laid.

You need the Class 66 because the 201 uses its sounds and (for now at least) the cab.
Advertisement
03-12-2012, 17:23   #6
Itssoeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsini View Post
I don't know for certain but I'd assume not. Three early versions were uploaded to UKTrainSim over the last few years. The last release on there at the moment goes as far as Limerick Junction and Limerick city. The final release goes all the way to Cork and Limerick. The track for the Nenagh branch is present but no scenery is laid.

You need the Class 66 because the 201 uses its sounds and (for now at least) the cab.
So how do you get it then if its not an official release ?
03-12-2012, 18:39   #7
Karsini
Abort, Retry, Fail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itssoeasy View Post
So how do you get it then if its not an official release ?
I'll admit that it's not the easiest to get going at the moment, so I'm hoping that will improve for the final release. The route comes in three .rwp files that you install via Utilities.exe in the game folder. The hard part is finding all of the third party assets that the route needs. I know that the developer did package as many of these as he could into a .rwp file for the early releases so hopefully he can do it this time around.
03-12-2012, 23:38   #8
purplepanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsini View Post
Beta testing this one at the moment. I'm not under NDA so I'll post a few shots from Cork. Should be released soon.

The route is well detailed and the exterior of the stock looks pretty good. The interiors are still WIP though - the cabs are based off a UK Class 66 and the coach interior is a modified UK Mark 3. Well worth a go if you have RailWorks.
Good to see the traditional IE filthy loco look is recreated in detail
Thanks from:
04-12-2012, 00:31   #9
Karsini
Abort, Retry, Fail?

I just tried a non-stop Heuston-Cork run with a 201 and Mark 4s. Did it in 121 minutes without breaking any speed limits, and that includes the old 40mph slack at Limerick Junction.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion