Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-10-2012, 09:49   #106
sean1141

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiniO View Post
I've never driven artic, but to be honest good driver should be always aware what's behind him. I can't see on straight motorway that massive blindspot behind a trailer being any bigger than in normal rigid lorry or a bus.
Besides, I never advocated heavy braking.
It's just hard to say from the video, if there was a heavy braking needed to avoid undertaking by this truck driver.
Yes the blind spot will be similar to any rigid truck or bus but you can't see sweet f all directly behind them either. Now I know by law nobody should be driving that close behind a truck but in a perfect world everybody would follow the rules and there would be no need for police on the roads but we all know that's not the case.

In the case of some fool doing something stupid, like in the video where the lane hogger decides they are going to pull in on the central divider, the safest thing the truck driver can do is keep going at a stead pace and keep out of the way. It dose not mean he was not breaking a law but it was the safest thing he could have done.

Oh and he was most likely talking to himself!!!
Advertisement
08-10-2012, 11:34   #107
H3llR4iser

How can it be the UK? The police car has a red flashing light on top, I thought red flashing lights were illegal in the UK and emergency vehicles must have blue flashers and, at most, flashing white headlights...could it be anywhere in Australia or New Zealand?

I am also intrigued about the fact people assume the trucker must be talking on a phone...most truckers carry a radio CB in the cabin and keep in communication with other truckers; On top of that, nobody ever comes up to a situation (or a moron) on the road and trash talk him or her even if they clearly can't hear you?
08-10-2012, 11:39   #108
Chriscl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3llR4iser View Post
On top of that, nobody ever comes up to a situation (or a moron) on the road and trash talk him or her even if they clearly can't hear you?
I do it all the time. I can't help it, bad road discipline brings out the demon in me lol.
08-10-2012, 12:15   #109
renofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3llR4iser View Post
How can it be the UK?......
I am also intrigued about the fact people assume the trucker must be talking on a phone...most truckers carry a radio CB in the cabin and keep in communication with other truckers....
Its on the M62 just before junction 32 in the UK.

If it was a CB won't you hear the fella talk back to him. Imo he is definately on the phone.
08-10-2012, 12:21   #110
BigEejit

Quote:
Originally Posted by renofan View Post
Its on the M62 just before junction 32 in the UK.

If it was a CB won't you hear the fella talk back to him. Imo he is definately on the phone.
Yeah, just what i was going to point out. Also there is some attraction/historical place as there was a brown sign before the junction. UK traffic cops have front facing blue lights and separate rear blue and red flashing lights, you can see they gave the muppet the blue lights and he went to stop on the centre reservation and that's when they turned on the rear lights.

You regularly see cops going somewhere on the motorway and they only use the front lights but when stopping traffic behind just use the rear lights.
Advertisement
08-10-2012, 12:27   #111
renofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEejit View Post
... Also there is some attraction/historical place as there was a brown sign before the junction....
Its for the Xscape outlet village.
08-10-2012, 19:49   #112
newmug

I cant believe nobody mentioned the drivers accent yet. I'm aware drivers cross borders every day, but going by his accent alone, its most likely to be England.
Thanks from:
08-10-2012, 19:55   #113
scudzilla

i asked the guy who posted the vid where it was, reply was "West Yorkshire ; M62 jn 32 Castleford"

Some of the comments are getting daft now though
08-10-2012, 20:16   #114
fitzgeme

Great vid...same old boards motors discussion...
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-10-2012, 21:05   #115
staker
Closed Account

Is the cop car an F10 beemer? Looks like the same rear light cluster.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion