Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-08-2012, 12:00   #1
henke

Buying phone from amazon.de

Hi,

I am looking to get the Galaxy Ace 2. I am trying to purchase an unlocked one since Vodafone here don't carry it. I looked at a few sites such as expansys etc and the cheapest I can find it is amazon.de

http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-Smartph...4682754&sr=8-1

I never ordered from amazon.de before so just wondering would there be any problem with the phone working on an Irish SIM and it would it still have English language.

I have Google Translate on my browser so can't see the words "SIM free" "unlocked", anyone know for sure it is here or what it is in German?

Cheers for any help.
Advertisement
11-08-2012, 20:39   #2
Our man in Havana
Closed Account

It is SIM free and completely unlocked with only a factory firmware.

There will be no issues using an Irish SIM card in it. It will be most likely be in English out of the box or the SIM will select English for you.
Thanks from:
11-08-2012, 21:40   #3
Cheshire Cat

Bought a mobile from amazon.de last year. No problem whatsoever! You might have to switch the language in the menu but that's no big deal. Just remember that the charger comes with a continental two-pin plug.
Thanks from:
12-08-2012, 18:13   #4
henke

Thanks, yeah I was just concerned because it never mentioned SIM free but I guess since it didn't mention a network either it must be SIM free. I guess a charger will be handy got anyway. Think I will chance it .
13-08-2012, 11:23   #5
rubadub

Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
I guess a charger will be handy got anyway.
You can get an adaptor, or just put on a new plug if it is not moulded on. Many phones will charge via microusb connections, and a generic charger for these is cheap, you might already have one.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion