Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My3 PrePay for Android

• 10-07-2012 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭ Daisy Dazzling Marinade

Something I threw together over the last few days. Not on the market yet as its probably unstable. GUI leaves a lot to be desired for. So for now a dropbox link, will upload it to the market in time.

Displays your My3 usage in an app. When you open app at first, you can enter your mobile number + password in settings for my3.three.ie. If you don't have an account, click refresh once, and an about dialog will show you last 6 digits of your SIM ICCID. This is needed to register with My3. This will save you having to rip out your battery to look at your SIM card!! (Why do 3 need this!)

Please note, https://my3.three.ie is AWFUL slow. I have included options to increase timeouts in settings if you are having problems.

HLliQ.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14338572/My3.apk
    Mobile friendly: http://db.tt/tJDycHwS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭ Daisy Dazzling Marinade

Oops guess this should have went into the Android forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cheapphones

Great Stuff!!

I have put it on the Play Store now: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=damo.three.ie
    Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭pigeon999

Thanks very much I truly appreciate this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

Downloaded, rated, +1'd, tweeted :D

• Advertisement

Cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭cgordonfreeman

Cool. Works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Thanks Damo - downloaded and working a treat :p

Kilsmum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Was wondering how I could do this. On my old phone bought from 3 there was a simple link. On this new one its a vodafone branded one so its not there.

Thanks for the app

This has been updated to handle 3's new site:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=damo.three.ie

I think the site is slower than the last one (my3.three.ie) !

The back bones of the site are almost identical. Seems they just updated the web front end a bit. Changed theme of it to fit in with other areas of their websites.

I promise I will get around to making the GUI looking more modern in the app, and possibly add widget and interaction with Calendar to set reminders on internet expiration so your credit doesn't get destroyed.

• Advertisement

Started working on the UI part of this again. Hope to have something out soon..

UKyhk1x.png
    UP8LNXL.png

As accessing my3account.three.ie over GPRS coverage is painfully slow (The website itself is already slow, but GPRS coverage, at least for me is almost non functional), I'm planning to put a man in the middle relay/parser on my VPS as an alternative option for retrieving your account info. That way the VPS will do all the work for you. DO people feel comfortable with this ?
    Direct access (the way it currently works) will still be available.

Update rolling out now.https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=damo.three.ie&hl=en

Hopefully its OK for everyone.

bXO8NiJs7GbjQ0Sd0nwTMoKDkrrN62U-XXXIpQi2RyxmEJK71gbVcDMZmohXIT_0CQ=h900-rw

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Looks great, Damo. Funnily enough, only yesterday I got me a Three SIM, so your timing couldn't be better. Using it on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, without issues.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Looks great, Damo. Funnily enough, only yesterday I got me a Three SIM, so your timing couldn't be better. Using it on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, without issues.

Cheers, thanks for the feedback.

Just hope they don't change the page layout anytime soon and break the app.
    my3account.three.ie is really slow also :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Working well on my phone and tablet. Are we going to get notifications when the 30th day is approaching?

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Working well on my phone and tablet. Are we going to get notifications when the 30th day is approaching?

Aww sorry I didn't get as far as implementing that yet.

I need to think about how to go about this. Like what should happen if the user tops up between the last refresh and before the add-on is to expire. Them items are queued, so there is no need for them to get a notification about the upcoming expire-able items. The app isn't aware you topped up/bought an add-on though, unless you refresh again.

I haven't though about periodic refreshing in the background yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Cale

I don't think there's any real need for a notification. The app displays your expiry date.

Looks good by the way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Just noticed the update Damo, nice job :D

No issues for me on a Nexus 4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

What a great app :) Thank you.

Is there any reason why I'd buy an internet add on from three after topping up with 20e credit? They always try to sell a 500mb add on or something for 10e is it? Would a once off buy on this stop 3 from raping my credit after 30 days! :eek:

• Advertisement

What a great app :) Thank you.

Is there any reason why I'd buy an internet add on from three after topping up with 20e credit? They always try to sell a 500mb add on or something for 10e is it? Would a once off buy on this stop 3 from raping my credit after 30 days! :eek:

Well after 30 days when your all-you-can-eat data expires, and you still have credit, you could buy a 500MB addon for €5.

My account doesn't get raped when my add on expires. My internet simply stops working. 3 enabled this on older accounts years ago. I had an option to disable out of bundle internet access. New-ish accounts don't have this option... So when your addons run out. €€€ for 3!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Great app OP, thanks! been looking for something like this as the my3 website is just messy to use over the phone.

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Great app OP, thanks! been looking for something like this as the my3 website is just messy to use over the phone.

Their HTML source code is even messier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Great app, thanks so much. A notification to say your data is about to expire would be great for forgetful people like me. I always end up getting screwed when this happens. Either way with this app its much much easier to be on top of your account.

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Great app, thanks so much. A notification to say your data is about to expire would be great for forgetful people like me. I always end up getting screwed when this happens. Either way with this app its much much easier to be on top of your account.

That's the next functionality on the TODO list!

• Just for those that can't wait, set up a reminder every 30 days (or whenever you top up if you don't top up every 30 days) on Google Calendar to email or notify you when it's about to run out.

Great app by the way, use it all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

That's the next functionality on the TODO list!

Excellent stuff. Great job again by the way.

Upcoming functionality for notification alerts of internet add-on expiring:
    https://github.com/DamienOReilly/My3Usage/issues/2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

Hey Damo2k,

Love the app, it's very handy to have so thanks for putting it together.

Great idea about the internet add-on expiration notification. Not sure if you meant this too but it would be cool if the app would notify you when your €20 credit 30days is up.

Also could you put a Total underneath the 'Won't expire' amounts I have a few lines of €20's there and just thought it would be nice or if possible just one line with the total amount of credit remaining.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Advertisement