Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-04-2012, 17:11   #1
muppetkiller

Creole Restaurant in Dominick Street (Beside Cava)

Hey folks just a heads up on this place ...
Went in on Saturday night for my Birthday dinner and Holy Moly !!! What a feed.
Got Chicken Wings to start and have to say they are the finest wings I've had in Ireland...even better than those Salt and Chili ones down in Emperor City
Main was a..
22oz Steak with pepper sauce nom nom , didn't come with any salad mind but did come with Sweet Potato fries which were fab too. But it was cooked to perfection.

check it out ....pretty reasonable i think price wise too. The Steak was less than 20 euro too.

It is now my sharing top spot with 'Kai' as my favorite restaurant in Town
Galway really is getting some great spots for eating.

Nice touch too was the owner popped over after the meal to ask us what we thought of the place and if there was anything we didn't like/suggestions etc..
Advertisement
24-04-2012, 17:26   #2
thesandeman

Went to have a look during the week but they had committed the mortal sin of not having a menu outside. If I dont know whats on offer and what it costs then I wont go in. Maybe they have rectified it at this stage?
24-04-2012, 17:33   #3
Belmono

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandeman View Post
Went to have a look during the week but they had committed the mortal sin of not having a menu outside. If I dont know whats on offer and what it costs then I wont go in. Maybe they have rectified it at this stage?
They have indeed. Walked by on Saturday morning and the mouthwatering menu, with prices, is displayed in the window. Looking forward to eating there too!
24-04-2012, 17:34   #4
Mrs OBumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandeman View Post
Walked past at the weekend, definitele a menu up then
24-04-2012, 17:40   #5
thesandeman

Nice one. Must go for another perusal tomorrow.
Advertisement
24-04-2012, 17:44   #6
TheCosmicFrog
Hosted Moderator

HMod: 091 Labs
Cheers for the recommendation, OP. It looks lovely. Is there actually jazz nights in there as promised by the slogan outside? I definitely wouldn't miss that.

Ate in Rouge last night with a few friends. We'd all coincidentally wanted to eat there for a long time. Have to say, it was lovely, and very reasonably priced. We passed Creole on the way (it was closed...?) and said that we must try it next.
Thanks from:
24-04-2012, 21:07   #7
bensweeney
Closed Account

Whats the name? is there a website?
24-04-2012, 22:05   #8
muppetkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensweeney View Post
Whats the name? is there a website?
Creole is the name of the place, not sure about a website but they do have Jazz on there some nights i think as Dad told me he saw them playing in the window...But then again they only opened last thursday so maybe it was only for the opening night.

Oh and for Desert I had the Chocolate mud pie lol Let's just say the Diet started Sunday (After the wings, Steak, Wine , Mud Pie, more pints , shots , Kebabs, more pints and then Fruit gums...Quality night lol)
24-04-2012, 22:07   #9
bensweeney
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetkiller View Post
Creole is the name of the place, not sure about a website but they do have Jazz on there some nights i think as Dad told me he saw them playing in the window...But then again they only opened last thursday so maybe it was only for the opening night.

Oh and for Desert I had the Chocolate mud pie lol Let's just say the Diet started Sunday (After the wings, Steak, Wine , Mud Pie, more pints , shots , Kebabs, more pints and then Fruit gums...Quality night lol)
Oh I thought it meant the style of cooking.
Advertisement
24-04-2012, 23:22   #10
Mrs OBumble

Quote:
Quote:
That too.

(Finteresting, touch does double quotes by default)

Last edited by Mrs OBumble; 24-04-2012 at 23:24.
24-04-2012, 23:38   #11
TheCosmicFrog
Hosted Moderator

HMod: 091 Labs
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMary View Post
Quote:
Quote:
That too.

(Finteresting, touch does double quotes by default)
Yeah, the touch site does stacked quotes alright. Noticed it a while back.

(posted from a phone, obviously )
25-04-2012, 00:10   #12
Seaneh

Noticed they have beef ribs on the menu, will have to give they a lash see how they compare to my own.

Ditto their baby back ribs.

Pity they don't have pulled pork or brisket.
25-04-2012, 08:01   #13
Robbo
Witchfinder General

I passed by yesterday and from the look of the menu I can't wait to eat in there.
25-04-2012, 21:36   #14
connemara man

Is this a bbq restaurant? I thought I saw one somewhere around town to be opened soon just wondering is this it?
25-04-2012, 22:08   #15
muppetkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by connemara man View Post
Is this a bbq restaurant? I thought I saw one somewhere around town to be opened soon just wondering is this it?
It's not a BBQ restaurant although some of the food is probably flame cooked..I think the meats are marinated in spices/sauces cooked slowly making them more tender ... nom nom

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_Creole_cuisine

Louisiana Creole cuisine is a style of cooking originating in Louisiana which blends French,[1] Spanish,[1] Portuguese, Italian, Native American,[1] and African influences,[1] as well as general Southern cuisine. It is similar to Cajun cuisine in ingredients (such as the holy trinity), but the important distinction is that Cajun cuisine arose from the more rustic, provincial French cooking adapted by the Acadians to Louisiana ingredients, whereas the cooking of the Louisiana Creoles tended more toward classical European styles adapted to local foodstuffs. Broadly speaking, the French influence in Cajun cuisine is descended from various French Provincial cuisines of the peasantry, while Creole cuisine evolved in the homes of well-to-do aristocrats, or those who imitated their lifestyle. Although the Creole cuisine is closely identified with New Orleans culture today, much of it evolved in the country plantation estates so beloved of the pre-Civil War Creoles.[2] (Despite its aristocratic French roots, Creole cuisine does not include Garde Manger or other extremely lavish styles of the Classical Paris cuisine.)
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion