Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-04-2012, 18:44   #1
tdv123
Banned

Sky "Other Channels" problem

Hi, I'm a sky subscriber. I have the "5" channels & itv/bbc regions channels stored in "other channels".

Everytime I want to access the other channels menu I get asked for my pin. This is a real pain, because everytime I want to view something in here I have to enter my pin everytime.

So for example if I want to watch 5* I have to enter my pin, then if theres nothing on there I want to watch I have to go back to services menu, other channels & re eneter the pin again if wanted to check say bbc4 or whatever.

I checked the "Parental Controls" menu & I don't have a lock on any channels.

It's just a regular sky box, no sky+ or anything.

Is there anyway of getting rid of this?
Advertisement
21-04-2012, 18:50   #2
muffler

I thought there was an option under the parental control part where you could select/deselect the PIN request.

I know I got rid of it one time while on the phone to Sky about something else. I happened to mention it and they were able to switch it off. But check the settings again though.
21-04-2012, 19:49   #3
Eric Isherwood

I have a Sky + non Sub and when i try to get into other channels it asks me for a pin but I forgot the number and i can't ring Sky.Anybody have any suggestions to over-ride this. I have tried last 4 numbers of old card in the box but does not work!
21-04-2012, 20:13   #4
dogtoffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdv123 View Post
Hi, I'm a sky subscriber. I have the "5" channels & itv/bbc regions channels stored in "other channels".

Everytime I want to access the other channels menu I get asked for my pin. This is a real pain, because everytime I want to view something in here I have to enter my pin everytime.

So for example if I want to watch 5* I have to enter my pin, then if theres nothing on there I want to watch I have to go back to services menu, other channels & re eneter the pin again if wanted to check say bbc4 or whatever.

I checked the "Parental Controls" menu & I don't have a lock on any channels.

It's just a regular sky box, no sky+ or anything.

Is there anyway of getting rid of this?
Its is to do with your Parental Controls have you ever had an other card in that box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Isherwood View Post
I have a Sky + non Sub and when i try to get into other channels it asks me for a pin but I forgot the number and i can't ring Sky.Anybody have any suggestions to over-ride this. I have tried last 4 numbers of old card in the box but does not work!
you need to use a card with a known PIN to remove it
22-04-2012, 12:58   #5
Dave_Dublin

You must have "Remove Adult Channels" or one or more channels blocked -- that's why it asks for a PIN for "Other Channels"

P.S. -- BBC FOUR is on the EPG and is not needed in "Other Channels"
Advertisement
23-04-2012, 18:07   #6
Eod100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Dublin View Post
P.S. -- BBC FOUR is on the EPG and is not needed in "Other Channels"
Is there any way of moving them up in the EPG?

I have BBC 1 NI and BBC2 NI at 141 and 142 and BBC 3 and BBC 4 are at 200 and something.Is there any way of putting them directly below BBC1 and 2 in the EPG?
23-04-2012, 18:42   #7
kbell

No the epg cant be altered or changed.
You could put them into your favourites, then they would be quicker to access via the blue button.
Thanks from:
24-04-2012, 12:21   #8
machiavellianme

You can put most of the channels you requested onto the epg.
See the card trick ar http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056353483
You can get a free card (see here) by filling in the form at http://www.setanta.com/ie/Contact-Us/
25-04-2012, 15:40   #9
groom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Isherwood View Post
You can change the pin on the Sky website if you login
Advertisement
12-11-2012, 12:38   #10
arnold820

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffler View Post
I thought there was an option under the parental control part where you could select/deselect the PIN request.

I know I got rid of it one time while on the phone to Sky about something else. I happened to mention it and they were able to switch it off. But check the settings again though.
had the same problem with every time I wanted to view other channels the pin was requested, deselecting pin request allows to view other channels uninterrupted.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion