Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AutoCAD Slow When Drawing Lines

Options
  • 26-03-2012 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭

Having an annoying problem I'm hoping someone here knows a solution to. I'm using AutoCAD 2012 Student Version, basically it runs perfectly smoothly until I click the draw line command, as soon as I click the first point on a line the whole thing grinds to a halt and is nearly impossible to use. I've figured out that Dynamic Input is the problem, if I switch it off then there's no lag whatsoever when drawing lines. Oddly though, if I turn DYN off and click the first point of a line then turn it back on, everything still runs smoothly so I know its not a hardware limitation.

A lot of what I'm doing at the moment is measuring lengths on drawings so it'd be a lot easier with dynamic input turned on.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I had a similar problem with 2011 (full version), i had my units in Decimal set to 0.0000 accuracy & it dragged when using DI, i asked a former colleague who now works for Autodesk & he recommended deinstalling the software & then reinstalling it. Lo & behold, problem solved. I've no idea why it occurred or what happened with the original installation but the problem sorted itself out during the second installation.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Haven't tried a reinstall so I'll give that a shot and see what happens, thanks

Advertisement