Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-03-2012, 00:00   #1
_AVALANCHE_
Closed Account

George The Gnome

WTF!!!? How is this crap on the Radio in this day and age?

I've been listening to iRadio now for the last 2 weeks, not bad, iGoHome being by far the weakest link though. Is Fergal Darcy forced to play this utter utter Utter gnome shite or is it by choice??

Also, he has no decent games, doesn't really involve the listeners in any kind of meaningful way, puts on stupid voices, thinks he's some sort of nostalgia...whatever, whatever comes up, he's done it or he's had it, I think he's talked about italia 90 at least twice in the last few weeks, he never stops talking about ally..which wouldn't be so bad if she said abit more but you rarely hear her.

What else...I can't think...I'll add more tomorrow as I'll be forced to listen to him for another 5 days (Don't ask), I die abit inside come 3pm.

Edit:If he does play that Gnome shite by choice it makes him the worst DJ in the World.

Last edited by _AVALANCHE_; 04-03-2012 at 00:08.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-03-2012, 15:17   #2
DenMan

I completely agree. I can't stand that little fecking thing. Nothing worse than being out for a jog when it comes on. Annoying shrieking voice. Not a fan of his show at all. Back to Spin 1038 when it's on.
16-03-2012, 15:19   #3
FlyingIrishMan

iRadio got **** when it changed to an all Ireland station.
It was class when it was only the west and north west and called i102-104.
19-03-2012, 16:28   #4
Sam Tyler

I'm inclined to agree with your some of your comments op.

However I've met Fergal Darcy a few times and he's a decent guy. It can't be easy producing a show 5 days a week and keeping it fresh and interesting.

I do think that since the show has been networked that it's trying to be everything to everyone. It has cult following in the west. Fergal does need a decent co-host to bounce off.

I do think it's lost it's serious edge, it's used to be very topical with issues of the day etc and real issues that mattered with people. I remember listening one day and hearing an email being read out and I was completely hooked by the contents of it. The discussion after was great radio.

Yeah the Gnome is pretty annoying, I really don't think it's played by choice!

And no I don't work for iradio!
19-03-2012, 16:33   #5
MYOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingIrishMan View Post
iRadio got **** when it changed to an all Ireland station.
It was class when it was only the west and north west and called i102-104.
Its not an all-Ireland station. Only the northern half.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion