Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-04-2012, 21:11   #526
Zascar

I always found juice defender to be a pain in the ass - it would turn off data when you need it and be difficult to switch the thing off to get data back on. I understand there are some other alternatives, does anyone use any other battery saving apps they would recommend?
Advertisement
16-04-2012, 21:46   #527
evolutionqy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zascar View Post
I always found juice defender to be a pain in the ass - it would turn off data when you need it and be difficult to switch the thing off to get data back on. I understand there are some other alternatives, does anyone use any other battery saving apps they would recommend?
Can say the same for any "battery saver" in the marketplace. Most of those have helped me out for a day or so, then suddenly it makes the battery life nearly twice as bad.
16-04-2012, 22:49   #528
vard

I have been impressed with the camera. Quality is very good in both photo / video recording, however I have noticed when I move there can be some slight stutter. Has anyone else noticed this, or have any suggestions / solutions?

Here's a video I recorded earlier: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61516329/VIDEO0004.mp4

The quality appears to be slightly compressed, and I'm not entirely sure if it demonstrates the issue I've mentioned... but just in case someone was looking for a video demonstration for the device.
16-04-2012, 22:58   #529
evolutionqy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vard View Post
I have been impressed with the camera. Quality is very good in both photo / video recording, however I have noticed when I move there can be some slight stutter. Has anyone else noticed this, or have any suggestions / solutions?

Here's a video I recorded earlier: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61516329/VIDEO0004.mp4

The quality appears to be slightly compressed, and I'm not entirely sure if it demonstrates the issue I've mentioned... but just in case someone was looking for a video demonstration for the device.
Meh not something major id be worried out. Looks fine even thought you can see the squares once in a while as you mentioned does look like compression. Maybe its just dropping the amount of detail to keep up with the constantly moving content. For the most part it looks acceptable and you can make out nice crisp details for the majority of it. Though I wouldn't be using drop box integration Drop box is quite slow compared to SkyDrive for downloading and uploading.
16-04-2012, 23:16   #530
tok9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_No_Superman View Post
I'm going to go for the HTC One X Clear Hard Shell Case Cover HC C700. Subtle case with a good lip protecting the camera.

http://www.prepaymania.co.uk/mobilep...118fc816e81fe0

Did anyone get this cover? What's it like?

Edit: Ah crap, just checked it there and it's sold out.

Last edited by tok9; 16-04-2012 at 23:19.
Advertisement
16-04-2012, 23:19   #531
madmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by one man clappin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmoe View Post
I see from your notification bar you are using Juice Defender.....
Yes I was using it on my Desire and it worked pretty well. Not sure about it now tbh. I might leave it on for another while to see does it help battery life.
Used it on other phones and found the same as they guys, annoyed me more in the end so removed it!
16-04-2012, 23:40   #532
Lenny
Tallaght Scumbag

Send a message via MSN to Lenny
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeciMester View Post
Congrats on the new phone!

So let's see:
yours: 12 months x €35 + €329 phone = €749
online offer says "Discount applied for a whole year" so: (12 months x €25.41) + (6 months x €30.50) + €299 phone = €786.92
A little difference your way, and tied for only 12 months! I'm off to CPW.

How do you ask for this package? Last I spoke to them (Blanch SC) they said it's 18 months only.
Was this the price for moving your number to meteor or were you on them already?
have a htc DHD out of contract since 5 of may just rang there
was gonna get the phone online on their site on the 400mins, but I think I may try going on the 200 mins to see how things work out the last while don't think I've been using all my mins, and can always use an app to use up mywebtexts
17-04-2012, 00:03   #533
DamoElDiablo
It's showtime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySter View Post
Downloaded it as well and all was working great until I noticed wifi tethering doesn't seem to be working. Have tried both the included hotspot app and barnacle. Would you mind checking to see if you have the same issue?
Don't have anything to tether at the minute, but tomorrow I'll take the wifi settings off something and try tethering and let you know.
17-04-2012, 00:03   #534
tok9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
Was this the price for moving your number to meteor or were you on them already?
have a htc DHD out of contract since 5 of may just rang there
was gonna get the phone online on their site on the 400mins, but I think I may try going on the 200 mins to see how things work out the last while don't think I've been using all my mins, and can always use an app to use up mywebtexts
If that's directed at me, I was meteor PAYG so it didn't help with the price.
Advertisement
17-04-2012, 08:29   #535
Lenny
Tallaght Scumbag

Send a message via MSN to Lenny
Quote:
Originally Posted by tok9 View Post
If that's directed at me, I was meteor PAYG so it didn't help with the price.
ok thanks, my contract is up on 5th may. so I will prob get a o2 PAYG for a day and then move back to meteor as a new custoemr, just checked their website and to biuy the phone its 40e cheaper to come as a new customer. but im nearl thinking if I was paying the 329 I'd nearly jsut buy the phone as payg and go on one of their sim only plans.. also note that with fatcheese you can get up to €40 back off meteor..

Last edited by Lenny; 17-04-2012 at 08:32.
17-04-2012, 09:48   #536
long_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
ok thanks, my contract is up on 5th may. so I will prob get a o2 PAYG for a day and then move back to meteor as a new
Careful - I've heard that some "new customer" promotions are contingent on you moving your number to a contract to the network for the first time
17-04-2012, 10:08   #537
BionicRasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc66 View Post
Dont forget 25% off your monthly commitment with Meteor. The OH used it no problem. Can't be used in CPW.

http://www.groupscheme.com/ie/vouche...roupscheme.com
Did you need to show staff ID? OH is in a HSS group scheme but I am not

Edit - found out the company I work for do a group scheme also - doohhhh!!

Last edited by BionicRasher; 17-04-2012 at 10:46.
17-04-2012, 10:47   #538
SkySter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamoElDiablo View Post
Don't have anything to tether at the minute, but tomorrow I'll take the wifi settings off something and try tethering and let you know.
Switched over to LeedDroid HD last night and this is working now. Also had an issue with Bluetooth not transferring the address book to my minikit slim carkit. That's now sorted as well. There also are a couple of nice extras like a battery counter on the status bar and he's got rid of the "3 dots" context menu giving the full screen res to apps. I'll be sticking with LeeDroid from now on I think.
17-04-2012, 10:53   #539
madmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySter View Post
Switched over to LeedDroid HD last night and this is working now. Also had an issue with Bluetooth not transferring the address book to my minikit slim carkit. That's now sorted as well. There also are a couple of nice extras like a battery counter on the status bar and he's got rid of the "3 dots" context menu giving the full screen res to apps. I'll be sticking with LeeDroid from now on I think.
I'm running Android Revolution HD with a the LC Mod Pack and all good so far.

Cheers,
M
17-04-2012, 11:01   #540
Zascar

Any other Rom recommendations? I used to use LeeDroid on my desire a few years back and found it pretty good.

What is the process like to unlock the bootloader and install new roms?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion