Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

20-02-2012, 16:23   #1
CurranBun

Banners brokers - Money Taken

Hi There,
My OH signed up to Banners brokers after it being recommended to him by some work colleagues.
Everything is going well for the work colleagues, however my OH invested €420 into them and has received nothing to date.
I'm not quite sure myself how it all works, however he has been chasing them and has still got nothing.

Anyone know of this company or heard of this before?

Any info at all would help greatly.
Advertisement
20-02-2012, 21:32   #2
19driver83

I was thinking of investing into this.

When did your OH invest and what repsonse have they given him?
21-02-2012, 18:23   #3
sirreally

Looks like another scam.
26-02-2012, 15:06   #4
DubTony

These guys claim to use the money you give them to buy space on web sites (banners) and sell advertising in that space. A lot of talk about doubling your money every so often but no time frame indicated.
Its another one I can't figure out. Either there are a myriad of these things hitting the market at the moment, that don't seem to have a physical product but do have a payout plan that requires a degree in maths to figure out, or I'm losing my touch and haven't got the wherewithal to keep up with current trends.

I think it's the former.
27-02-2012, 20:04   #5
micosoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurranBun View Post
Hi There,
My OH signed up to Banners brokers after it being recommended to him by some work colleagues.
Everything is going well for the work colleagues, however my OH invested €420 into them and has received nothing to date.
I'm not quite sure myself how it all works, however he has been chasing them and has still got nothing.

Anyone know of this company or heard of this before?

Any info at all would help greatly.
It's clearly yet another pyramid type scam (early investors make some money, chumps down the chain get nothing). His money is gone. Chalk it up as a valuable lesson and get on your lives. He was lucky he put so little in.
p.s. Google "Banner brokers scam" - not that hard is it?
Advertisement
02-03-2012, 12:32   #6
danmacca

Hi Microsoft. I would like to know how come your convinced its a scam. I have googled it many times and there is no evidence of anyone not making money but plenty of evidence that people have. Look im not trying to convince anyone either way however what i can say is that in November i started with 4k. i topped it up a month later with another 4k and as of today my earnings are sitting at over $23k which is constantly reinvested by buying more banners. I am in a managed fund so i pay a group 20% to manage my account because it is complex and these guys know what they are doing. They dont see a thing until i withdraw something which i haven't yet but i really couldn't see them managing it for nothing if they thought it was a scam. The managers like to see the account go through 3 rotations before people withdraw so its not a smash and grab scenario and something im prepared to do. Ill let you know later in the year how i go withdrawing because as you can see it will be quite a considerable sum if they are legit. If not then i guess its another learning curve however i have to say i am impressed so far.
02-03-2012, 14:26   #7
micosoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmacca View Post
Hi Microsoft. I would like to know how come your convinced its a scam. I have googled it many times and there is no evidence of anyone not making money but plenty of evidence that people have. Look im not trying to convince anyone either way however what i can say is that in November i started with 4k. i topped it up a month later with another 4k and as of today my earnings are sitting at over $23k which is constantly reinvested by buying more banners. I am in a managed fund so i pay a group 20% to manage my account because it is complex and these guys know what they are doing. They dont see a thing until i withdraw something which i haven't yet but i really couldn't see them managing it for nothing if they thought it was a scam. The managers like to see the account go through 3 rotations before people withdraw so its not a smash and grab scenario and something im prepared to do. Ill let you know later in the year how i go withdrawing because as you can see it will be quite a considerable sum if they are legit. If not then i guess its another learning curve however i have to say i am impressed so far.
Seriously? Look - you've convinced yourself this is gonna make you rich. My view is that if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck it's a duck. The above has every hallmark of a ponzi scheme.
- Bull**** business. Banners? LOL. I had a real laugh at the video. Anyone who knows anything about e-business and advertising will know this is bull****. Google, Microsoft and Yahoo dominate this market - you really really really think these guys know better? Where does the money come from?
- Huge returns on investment. I mean, if the business was this good why go to two-bit investors like you? Why not borrow it and pocket these amazing returns.
- Too complicated for the investor to understand which is why they manage the money - "managed fund" LOL
- "lock-in" your money for as long as possible (to keep the scheme going). Your "investment" has already been used to payoff somebody leaving.

Why do you think people invest initially in Ponzi schemes? The top of the pyramid "might" make some money if they get out early (hence why they are attempting to keep a hold on it). Ask for your money now and you might get lucky. Later on when your "managed fund" matures there won't be money in the kitty. Otherwise you are going to learn a very valuable life lesson - If it looks too good to be true it is.....

P.s. Why is this in entrepreneurial & business management. Stick it in investments for a laugh or internet scams.
02-03-2012, 17:02   #8
The_Banker

Quote:

One post and you joined in March 2012.... Mmmmm

There was one of those 'investment' evenings held this week in The Vienna Woods Hotel in Cork.

Have you ever heard of a legitimate company gathering people in hotels at night gathering €500 and €600 investments from ordinary people?
Pyramid/Ponzi scheme. Nothing more.
Thanks from:
03-03-2012, 00:21   #9
danmacca

Hi Banker and Microsoft.

Firstly banker, i joined after seeing this thread because i did a google search of Banner brokers scam. This is something i do every now and then with all my online investments that i'm in. This is the only threat i could find that was not positive about BB so i thought i would see why and ask if anyone has had a negative experience with them.

Secondly, to Microsoft, I don't know where in my post you could make out i'm convinced i'm going to become rich from BB. Online investing is a pass time to me. I research interesting concepts, do my due diligence and then decide if i want to invest or not. This attitude has worked very well for many years for me and i certainly don't invest more that i can afford to lose in any one thing and i don't break the bank on one thing. I think you have misinterpreted what i was trying to say. The manage fund has nothing to do with BB management and the money is not locked in, in any way. As your banners expire you are more than free to withdraw the profit if you choose. You can only be part of the managed fund if you join under certain affiliates and thats why i went down this line as its 100% passive. It is certainly not open to everyone. I don't refer anyone to anything as i only get involved in passive investments and with the BB managed fund there is no need to make referrals to earn. As i said previously my earning have grown considerably.

i have heard for many years the words. "If it sounds to good to be true it is!" Well all i can say to that is from experience "not always".

I would be interested to know if you get involved in any online investing and if not why do you bother looking at forums like this and posting on something you have no interest in?
Advertisement
03-03-2012, 00:31   #10
Cork24
Banned

Sounds to me like the good old pyramid Scheme they had going...

what i take from it... If i go in for 420 i buy a Banner space.. im at the bottom of the pyramid,, by getting people to go in and to make sure they note my name down on Recommend friend, im being pushed to the top when i reach the top i can now Sell my banner...

I to was in the same boat a guy in work asked me to join in under him that way i would push him up...

No thank you stay away from this new type of Scam.. if you want to buy a banner space...

find an upcoming site and offer them money and you could then in turn rent it out..
03-03-2012, 00:32   #11
Cork24
Banned

Quote:
Hi Banker and Microsoft.

Firstly banker, i joined after seeing this thread because i did a google search of Banner brokers scam. This is something i do every now and then with all my online investments that i'm in. This is the only threat i could find that was not positive about BB so i thought i would see why and ask if anyone has had a negative experience with them.

Secondly, to Microsoft, I don't know where in my post you could make out i'm convinced i'm going to become rich from BB. Online investing is a pass time to me. I research interesting concepts, do my due diligence and then decide if i want to invest or not. This attitude has worked very well for many years for me and i certainly don't invest more that i can afford to lose in any one thing and i don't break the bank on one thing. I think you have misinterpreted what i was trying to say. The manage fund has nothing to do with BB management and the money is not locked in, in any way. As your banners expire you are more than free to withdraw the profit if you choose. You can only be part of the managed fund if you join under certain affiliates and thats why i went down this line as its 100% passive. It is certainly not open to everyone. I don't refer anyone to anything as i only get involved in passive investments and with the BB managed fund there is no need to make referrals to earn. As i said previously my earning have grown considerably.

i have heard for many years the words. "If it sounds to good to be true it is!" Well all i can say to that is from experience "not always".

I would be interested to know if you get involved in any online investing and if not why do you bother looking at forums like this and posting on something you have no interest in?

LMAO just joined and 2 posts and one is a good Note about BB FECK off BB employee
03-03-2012, 01:21   #12
danmacca

LOL. If everyone who posts a positive thing about BB is an employee, then they must have a lot of employee's. U only need to search the net to find out how many. I'm based in Perth and never had the chance to go to Canada, but hey "Whatever corker"
03-03-2012, 01:28   #13
Cork24
Banned

Quote:
LOL. If everyone who posts a positive thing about BB is an employee, then they must have a lot of employee's. U only need to search the net to find out how many. I'm based in Perth and never had the chance to go to Canada, but hey "Whatever corker"

yes i have Search in Google Facebook and Youtube.. thats the joy of the Net you can get both sides..

but the funny part is you just joined and already feels like your sucking off the BB people..

Dont mean to be Nasty.. but just the way to say what im thinking
03-03-2012, 02:13   #14
danmacca

thats fine. I was only relaying my experience so far. no more or less. Like i said, i only found this forum because i googled BB scam and saw the quotes saying it a scam. All i was asking was for people's personal negative experience. In fact no-one here appear to even be members of BB and are basing there opinions on the fact BB uses Multi Level marketing which is a legitimate for of advertising that more and more companies are using. Anyway, I will post again in the future IF and WHEN i get my initial investment out. If it turns out to be a scam, i will also post my experience.
03-03-2012, 10:19   #15
sirreally

Quote:
thats fine. I was only relaying my experience so far. no more or less. Like i said, i only found this forum because i googled BB scam and saw the quotes saying it a scam. All i was asking was for people's personal negative experience. In fact no-one here appear to even be members of BB and are basing there opinions on the fact BB uses Multi Level marketing which is a legitimate for of advertising that more and more companies are using. Anyway, I will post again in the future IF and WHEN i get my initial investment out. If it turns out to be a scam, i will also post my experience.
Before you go, would you mind posting a detailed, step by step guide to how this system works, as you understand it? Much appreciated.
Thread Closed