Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sky On-Demand (formerly Anytime) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

ShaneU wrote: »
    Are rte and tv3 player on there? just ordered the wireless box.

How did you order the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

campo wrote: »
    Might be a stupid question do you also need a phone line connected to sky box or just modem

You will need the phone line connected for the content you need to pay for. Like new movies etc.

For the boxsets and other programmes its not needed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I'm very pleased with the content and the fact it has the ITV Player but no instant streaming is a big turn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,836 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So I rang up sky and they have activated

I didnt need to pay the 12.99. Its totally free. Im not sure what the story is with that price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Headshot wrote: »
    So I rang up sky and they have activated

I didnt need to pay the 12.99. Its totally free. Im not sure what the story is with that price

It's €12.99 for the wi/fi box to make your sky box wireless to enable you to connect to your home wireless network.

Handy if you have a router with NO ethernet connections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,820 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Batesy wrote: »
    How did you order the box?

over the phone
    Batesy wrote: »
    It's €12.99 for the wi/fi box to make your sky box wireless to enable you to connect to your home wireless network.

Handy if you have a router with NO ethernet connections.

Or if your router is the other end of the house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

zg3409 wrote: »
    Will this work on old non HD white plus (+) boxes?
    No. No ethernet port on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I shall probably at some point purchase this so I can get the on demand in the other room, but for now the ethernet or the above bridging will do me fine

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭dpe

Just got it working. A big improvement in general but no Irish channel catchup available, although ITV is (go figure), albeit with a limited list of programmes. None of the TV catchup services are well populated yet except for the Sky channels. Sky shop looks fine and will definitely mean I'll be less likely to use Apple TV for movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Mredmond

Yòu need a laptop and an Ethernet cable.

Connect the Ethernet cable to the laptop from the sky box while making sure you are connected wirelessly to the Internet.

Go to control panel...network and internet...network settings. Then Ctrl select both your wireless connection and the sky box connection.

Right click and select bridge connection.

You will need to power off and on the sky box but should then work. You will need to delete your bridge connection to allow your laptop to use the Internet again once finished.

I did this because my router is too far from my sky box and I really wanted to see what the fuss is about. Seems great I am download season me of trolled as we speak!

Hi Jaff,

I've got that Bridge set up, but nothing happening on the SKY box, even after a full reboot. Did you need to do anything else to configure?

Michael.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Trying to order 2 wireless connectors. It won't let me add more than one. I guess its a call to Sky CS and do a phone order :(

Ah sh1t. It will only leave you order one per household. WTF :eek:

Ptutfl.jpg.

I think I will have to go down the route of some Power line Adaptors.

Edit: Called Sky and they tell me that 1 only need one Wireless Connector (It communicates with both boxes). Just ordered it now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭peking97

Nibs05 wrote: »
    How long does it take to activate ?

I activated it on my sky website a couple of hours ago and still showing the old on demand menu, done a force update but still nothing, connected up broadband router and checked its ok

Box is drx890
    Version 4f3106
    My box is also DRX890 but the version is 4f31a2. It activated almost immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

peking97 wrote: »
    My box is also DRX890 but the version is 4f31a2. It activated almost immediately.

Strange, I'll try another forced update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

Mredmond wrote: »
    Hi Jaff,

I've got that Bridge set up, but nothing happening on the SKY box, even after a full reboot. Did you need to do anything else to configure?

Michael.

You can check the customise tab under options and make sure broadband connection is set to "on" on the sky box. Also make sure your box is compatable or just keep trying it over a few times by deleting the bridge and setting it up again. It works fine for me once I set it up when the box was on then once a bridge was made I powered off the sky box at the plug to reboot the whole system but left the laptop on all the time. It can be awkward but maybe check youtube on bridging for an Xbox with a laptop same principle!

Oh and make sure you activate on demand on your sky account!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Rang sky and ordered the wireless adaptor. The guy i was talking to said about the website and issues with the email address and they were hoping to get it resolved asap

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Mredmond

You can check the customise tab under options and make sure broadband connection is set to "on" on the sky box. Also make sure your box is compatable or just keep trying it over a few times by deleting the bridge and setting it up again. It works fine for me once I set it up when the box was on then once a bridge was made I powered off the sky box at the plug to reboot the whole system but left the laptop on all the time. It can be awkward but maybe check youtube on bridging for an Xbox with a laptop same principle!

Oh and make sure you activate on demand on your sky account!

Cheers Jaff,

Just spotted that the Bridge I created has a 169 address, so not connecting to wireless network properly at all. I've deleted and re-created a few times without making any difference; bit of googling & youtube required, as you suggest.

Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

nocoverart wrote: »
    I'm very pleased with the content and the fact it has the ITV Player but no instant streaming is a big turn off.

What? Its not instant streaming? How long of a wait do you have?
    Whats the point of an on demand service if you cant stream instantly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Rang sky to get it activated they say won't be available till sky bb is released so Hung up did a force update and now have it , content is good but lack of instant streaming is a pain

Had sky on to me through twitter, from what i can gather the wireless connector is not yet available to buy in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

Tardis wrote: »
    Had sky on to me through twitter, from what i can gather the wireless connector is not yet available to buy in Ireland.

I bought one today over the phone, no problem.:confused:

• Advertisement

vampyre wrote: »
    I bought one today over the phone, no problem.:confused:

Just had him back onto me and he's just been briefed for ordering them for here. Looks like getting onto them will get you one but still doesn't explain how you can't purchase them online normally..

Just had him back onto me and he's just been briefed for ordering them for here. Looks like getting onto them will get you one but still doesn't explain how you can't purchase them online normally..

No explanation necessary as far as I'm concerned, sky always find a way to mess up anything to do with Ireland.

No explanation necessary as far as I'm concerned, sky always find a way to mess up anything to do with Ireland.

Could you pass the number on?? I can't tell which is the irish and english numbers

I'm happy to give the number but I used a UK direct dial (ie not an 08** type) because I have free UK calls included in my phone bundle. It would work with skype as well I suppose. I dialed 00441506831609

I was told by sky to wait 48 hours and try purchasing it online again. I'll see what happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Could you pass the number on?? I can't tell which is the irish and english numbers
    0818 719 819 is their customer service num.

I was talking too an online adivisor who was telling me on demand is unavailable in ROI...not very informed the poor girl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

All setup my router at home can do both wireless & wired at the same time, good aul Smart Telecom broadband :D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

Im all setup with wired connection to my router. Also, I added On Demand via My Sky and got the order confirmation email. But still no joy. Tried forced update, still no joy:mad:

Im still on the Old EPG on my PACE HD Box, is this anything to do with it or not. The question has been asked numerous times without an answer and I am sure I am not the only one who would appreciate any information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Got mine activated and set-up.
    It's a bit awkward at the moment the way my Ethernet cable runs.... Does anyone know if I download a program to watch, then disconnect the cable, will I be able to watch it from the planner?

Advertisement