Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A&P Bargain Alerts

Options
  • 19-01-2012 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭

I know there's a Bargain Alerts forum but how about we just have a thread in here for any Bargains you may find for your beasts? Sure some will get missed in the BA Forum as so much traffic.

I'll start it off then

Was just in Petstop (Airside) and was going to buy a 3kg Bag of Royal Canin boxer food for 23Euro when i saw a 15Euro off sign for the big bags.

ALL big 12kg bags of Royal Canin have 15Euro off, so a 12kg bag cost us 45Euro (less than double the price of a 3kg bag for 4 times as much :D:D)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

€15 off big bags (12-15kg) Royal Canin in Maxizoo at the moment!

http://www.maxizoo.ie/offers.html?&no_cache=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

It stills work our better to order 2 X 15kg of Burns from zooplus.co.uk: £79 (sterling) ~ €95 (euro).

Then using the STOCK-UP coupon you will get a 5% discount.

Plus they have a saving plan option which costs £20, which means you get an additional 5% discount on every purchase you make over 3 years.

So all-in-all 2 X 15kg bags of Burns works out at approx. €86 (euro).

So if you are going to order online there is some saving to be made with zooplus, plus with zooplus it's the same price for all their flavours - you are not just restricted to chicken as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Just takes awhile for delivery with dogfooddirect gets delivered by courier the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

15% off www.zooplus.co.uk for new customers valid till 31st January for orders over £55 enter coupon code GTMVC0112
    Even if you have ordered before you could just open up a new account and avail of discount!

• Advertisement

Millem wrote: »
    15% off www.zooplus.co.uk for new customers valid till 31st January for orders over £55 enter coupon code GTMVC0112
    Even if you have ordered before you could just open up a new account and avail of discount!

I setup a new a/c and got a 10% discount (which I was getting on my existing a/c.)

I entered the new code above and the discount stayed at 10% - didn't get the 15% discount.

paultf wrote: »

I setup a new a/c and got a 10% discount (which I was getting on my existing a/c.)

I entered the new code above and the discount stayed at 10% - didn't get the 15% discount.

Did you do it on zooplus.co.uk? And used capital letters ? I just used it for order of £78.99 and received 15% off (£11.85)total I paid was £67.14!

I used capitals. In the last part of the code is that a zero?

Not sure if the website accepted the code - it didn't come back with an error - just bounced back to a 10% discount.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Stickied.

paultf wrote: »
    I used capitals. In the last part of the code is that a zero?

Not sure if the website accepted the code - it didn't come back with an error - just bounced back to a 10% discount.

Yep it is a zero! That's strange. Got code from www.myvochercodes.co.uk. They say it's valid til 2nd feb. They also have another one for 16% over £60 which I have just seen 16OVER60 for new customers but haven't tried it yet! It is valid til 5th of feb.

• Advertisement

Yep it is a zero! That's strange. Got code from www.myvochercodes.co.uk. They say it's valid til 2nd feb. They also have another one for 16% over £60 which I have just seen 16OVER60 for new customers but haven't tried it yet! It is valid til 5th of feb.

I think I have figured out why it didn't work me.

I went onto www.myvoucherscodes.co.uk and copied & pasted the code onto zooplus.co.uk - this was accepted. (For some reason it didn't work for me when I typed the code in.)

So with the 16% discount I saved £10 over the normal 10% discount I get! Not bad! Thanks for the tip - I must keep an eye on that vouchers site in the future.

(The only downside is with a new a/c your zooplus loyalty points are split. In saying that the ZP rewards aren't great unless you are going for one of the big ones at the end of the year.)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

If you sign up to the newsletter zooplus send you a 5% discount code ;)

In Pet Mania Tullamore today.

Clinivet 25% off 15kg bags: reduced from €55 to €41.

Royal Canin €15 off 12-15kg bags.

Red Mills €10 off 15kg bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyco

Guess most shops are doing royal canin deal

Positive dog Training in Sandyford

€15 off 12-15kg bags and €7 off 7.5 - 8kg bags

Also brilliant shop, got a super bed discounted to €14.99 for my collie and a treat ball and frisbee both discounted from €10 to €5.

Just got an email from equipet: 50% off your dog's next groom for appointments booked before 5pm on wednesday 26th january.

Just got an email from equipet: 50% off your dog's next groom for appointments booked before 5pm on wednesday 26th january.

That's a good one. I rang the Navan branch and initially they said it was for loyalty customers only. She put me on hold and said it would be OK. So with my 3 dogs I will save €60 compared to my usual groomer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

scudzilla wrote: »
    I know there's a Bargain Alerts forum but how about we just have a thread in here for any Bargains you may find for your beasts? Sure some will get missed in the BA Forum as so much traffic.

what about bargain hunters who don't check this forum? :eek:

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭pawrick

also check zooplus.de sometimes it works out cheaper to buy from there incl. shipping rather then from the ie or .co.uk site

also the choice can be better

pawrick wrote: »
    also check zooplus.de sometimes it works out cheaper to buy from there incl. shipping rather then from the ie or .co.uk site

also the choice can be better

The supplement we get is WAY cheaper on zooplus.es - last time €18 cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

I see all these cheap deals coming from zooplus and its great but surely they have a lot to answer for if their customers realise ordering from england/spain or anywhere but the Irish site.

Sorry for not adding to the list of bargains, just wanted a little mini rant!

• Advertisement

garkane wrote: »
    I see all these cheap deals coming from zooplus and its great but surely they have a lot to answer for if their customers realise ordering from england/spain or anywhere but the Irish site.

Sorry for not adding to the list of bargains, just wanted a little mini rant!
    +1 it all comes from germany so why have different prices?! Also the irish site never has freebies like the uk site does - seasonal stuff at halloween etc. They don't sell the JWB we get on their Irish site which either but i shop around for that anyways from sites in the uk.

Petmeds.co.uk - £4.95 off selected 15kg bags of JWB and 3 for 2 on 2kg bags.Also £5 off orders over £60 and free delivery (not sure if it's free delivery to Ireland though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

was onto a lad what dry food he uses and he recommended this. Looks like great stuff for that price.

http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dry_dog_food/markus_muehle/128238

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

was onto a lad what dry food he uses and he recommended this. Looks like great stuff for that price.

http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dry_dog_food/markus_muehle/128238

its an offer on the German Zooplus page at the moment

http://www.zooplus.de/shop/hunde/hundefutter_trockenfutter/markus_muehle

FYI a tip - if you use Chrome you can translate pages - handy for shopping around the different zooplus sites! :D

Here's a good bargain - Ancol Stormguard coats on vetuk -we have one and it's great!
    Small - €8.16
    Large - €9.79
    XLarge - €10.98

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/dog-accessories-dog-coats-dog-jackets-c-628_300/ancol-stormguard-blue-all-weather-reflective-dog-coat-p-3999

My review ;) - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056340824

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

For anyone in Cork, I just spotted this. I'l definitely be getting one :)

Léan wrote: »
    For anyone in Cork, I just spotted this. I'l definitely be getting one :)

DTI do that for daycare dogs too - 'fiver friday'. There's photos of my guy sitting there posing getting it done the BRAT - when I clip his nails I need somebody to distract him with treats!! :rolleyes:

tk123 wrote: »
    DTI do that for daycare dogs too - 'fiver friday'. There's photos of my guy sitting there posing getting it done the BRAT - when I clip his nails I need somebody to distract him with treats!! :rolleyes:

Yeah got my guys done for €5 too on monday at the one on the southside, he won't let me touch his paws

Can't believe the deals these guys are doing, love this place....

http://www.facebook.com/PositiveDogTrainingDublin

a proffessional photo for €5 if your dog is in daycare or getting groomed that day and a competition on Saturday for a free groom at social hours

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Daycare voucher Cork here.

I feel like I should buy one because it's a good deal :rolleyes: But I don't know if i'd ever have use for Daycare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Posted before but may as well put it here:

30% relocation discount from pet-bliss.ie.

Disclaimer(s): I have nothing to do with this shop, realise that it might be cheaper to get the items elsewhere but I just wanted to share the discount.

Advertisement