Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

GFS Promises Christmas Heatwave

• 12-12-2011 10:23am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

A simply Lovely looking model run promising balmy weather all next week and for the Grimbo.

No wind, no frost, no snow and :cool::cool: HEAT! :cool::cool: I'll be having some of that I will.

On Sunday the Azores High pokes northwards...normal service means that them pesky fronts all head off to the North Atlantic somewhere .....or to Norway which needs the rain to fill its Hydro reservoirs.

The rest of the week then starts to look like this, mmmmmmmmmmmmm .

A very warm and merry Christmas to all from a delighted Sponge Bob. We may well see the higher end of the winter competition forecast ranges coming under some sustained pressure. :)

184865.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

'Unless', of course, high pressure to our southwest links with the HP over Greenland (green arrow) and HP over Russia continues to build westward toward northern Europe (brown arrow). This would increase the possibility of colder weather from the Continent extending toward the UK and Ireland or alternatively a plunge of cold air from the north. The latter is preferable as the cold over Europe will not have been in place long enough to merit a severe easterly to develop.

Yes, I did say 'unless' ;)
    184866.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

None of that is shown in the model run....and supporting graphics....so Nyah Boo to all that negativity and perishing cold. A heatwave is what most of us want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,946 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    None of that is shown in the model run....and supporting graphics....so Nyah Boo to all that negativity and perishing cold. A heatwave is what most of us want.

A "heatwave" in the middle of december is the last thing i'd want.

If ya can call 12 degrees a heatwave that is. Boring weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

A heatwave is what most of us want.

A heatwave this time of year is seriously unhealthy, it foretells of constant flues and Summer colds

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

A heatwave is what most of us want.[/QUOTE]

I think you are seriuosly wrong sponge bob. Almost as comical as the original sponge bob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Take_Her_Handy

We have had the exact same weather day in and day out for what seems like an eternity! I'm too bored of wet and grey.

Snow, frost, ice... this is what I want!!! This is what I was hoping to escape to from the bland weather we've suffered through all this year!!!

I just hate wet and grey :( :mad: :(

I want real weather that's conditional to time of year, because if OP's weather prediction for Christmas day is right, it will be the same out as some of our summer days this year!!!!!!

WTF???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Might have been more credible if you had waited for the most recent GFS run to complete before you started this thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭esposito

Troll comes to mind:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Weatheronline.co.uk video update for today has been posted

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Might have been more credible if you had waited for the most recent GFS run to complete before you started this thread :rolleyes:
    Not much change in the 06z. Still builds Sunday and stays in place for the next 10 days. None of that cold muck in sight anywhere. :) Lets see what happens on the next MAJOR run at 3pm shall we???

184876.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

After the seismic changes in the models over Fridays events, you can hardly post Christmas day charts with any confidence at all. 12 days out, way too many variables.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,946 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Ye are such girls, Mon/Tue will be a Mehhhh! like I said days ago :D

Feckin thread is all OMG OMG OMG crap.
    I'll call Tuesday Now. No weather station will break 70KT gusts and the top gust Tuesday will probably be in the 61KT-64KT range in Belmullet. A stiff breeze and that is that. :D

I'll call Thursday on Monday some time.
    Tuesday looks harmless enough to me, a stiff breeze and that is all. :D

Thursday looks the same, a ta stiffer on the Irish Sea maybe

Sponge your a pessimistic troll who just says things on here that nobody else will agree with just to get a reaction. You give out about people getting excited about a storm 5 days away and then go and quote a chart for Christmas day on the 12th of December as if it's gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭weisses

t|nt|n wrote: »

Tell that to all the Storm/rain/snow lovers in the other "daily mail style" threads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭weisses

baraca wrote: »
    Sponge your a pessimistic troll who just says things on here that nobody else will agree with just to get a reaction. You give out about people getting excited about a storm 5 days away and then go and quote a chart for Christmas day on the 12th of December as if it's gospel.

I think everyone here is entitled to their own gospel

How in gods name can you blame someone for trolling if he puts up charts to back it up

What is pessimistic about hoping for a nice calm warm(ish) christmas

BRING ON THE HEAT !!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Vudgie

While I am no expert, I think that it is interesting to take all opinions on board and to then either make your own mind up on the merits of each or most accurate of all 'wait and see!".

The constant calls of 'troll' to anyone that deviates from a cold weather forecaset are most unbecoming of what is generally a very respectable corner of Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Pangea

Merry Christmas to you too Sponge Bob, this mild Christmas will give you time to prepare for the ungodly Arctic Freeze that will bestow us in January. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

GFS 06z OP run was a mild outlier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

May the gusts of a thousand polar lows infest your chilly bits ! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Love to see this coming off....I have three days work I need to get done and if I can get it done before christmas, that would be great. If this day week comes off like the above chart then I might actually have a few quid for the festive season...bloody wind and rain/snow.

Pangea wrote: »
    Merry Christmas to you too Sponge Bob, this mild Christmas will give you time to prepare for the ungodly Arctic Freeze that will bestow us in January. :pac:
    May the mice leave your house and forage the green fields of Donegal till then Pangea.!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Perfect for a few games of golf over the Christmas period, the last few weeks have been a bit miserable. Even time to plant up some of the winter flowers and get in more spring bulbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Speak Now

What kind of heat are we talking about?

Record breaking for time of year? 16/17c??

Christmas day swimmers might be happy if that came off

Constant 10c-12c for 10 days with very few excursions into single digits.

Rtavn3725.png

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Record breaking for time of year? 16/17c??

Christmas day swimmers might be happy if that came off
    About 12c-13c if that came off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

How would you be looking in terms of rain in that scenario...would we have high humidity and night fog?

High Pressue setup blocks out rain fronts, night and morning fog is likely as the country is already sodden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The development and settling of a chunky high pressure system has been flagged for a while now and while its still in the F1 time frame nothing (except wilful hoping by some) is strongly contradicting the trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Villain wrote: »
    About 12c-13c if that came off

So no heatwave then ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

This should really be in the White Christmas thread.

• Advertisement

Su Campu wrote: »
    This should really be in the White Christmas thread.
    Why not lock that thread, complete waste of time now. :D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement