Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

15-01-2012, 00:51   #421
humanji

F*ck that. Go watch Twin Peaks!!!
Advertisement
15-01-2012, 00:55   #422
Hogzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanji View Post
Breaking bad is the greatest show ever. If you have never watched it, give it a chance. Its an absolutely fantastic show.
(2) thanks from:
15-01-2012, 01:13   #423
Sasquatch76
Closed Account

Just tried UnblockUS, and wow! The difference in available content is huge. Easy to set-up too (checked the BBC iPlayer there and worked too). How do I switch between US and Irish content though? Just redo the steps on the UnblockUS guide reversing what I changed?
15-01-2012, 01:20   #424
johnny_ultimate
Production Model EVA-02

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillo View Post
I have literally never heard of those guys! Where did you find them johnny?!
Forget where I came across 'em, but they could do a much better job of letting people know they exist There's Curzon on Demand too for arthouse stuff. Mubi too, but they're better established. But again, hard to know they exist unless you're told about or accidentally stumble across them.

Re Breaking Bad / Twin Peaks. Just watch both. Although I'm still absolutely bamboozled about how BB seasons 3 and 4 have yet to receive any sort of legal release round these parts. And they wonder why people pirate.
15-01-2012, 01:35   #425
e_e

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanji View Post
Very good show too, but I prefer Lynch's movies personally. If you haven't seen Breaking Bad give it a shot.

Hope they get more HBO stuff over the next few weeks (plus the foreign film section is a little lacking), would be great if The Wire was on it.
Advertisement
15-01-2012, 01:36   #426
e_e

Though I've yet to see the second season of Twin Peaks, so thanks for the tip!
15-01-2012, 01:40   #427
johnny_ultimate
Production Model EVA-02

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_e View Post
Though I've yet to see the second season of Twin Peaks, so thanks for the tip!
Stop as soon as you find out who done it.

Maybe watch the last episode too, because it's mental.

But skip the stuff in the middle. It's awful.
15-01-2012, 02:26   #428
The Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch76 View Post
Just tried UnblockUS, and wow! The difference in available content is huge. Easy to set-up too (checked the BBC iPlayer there and worked too). How do I switch between US and Irish content though? Just redo the steps on the UnblockUS guide reversing what I changed?
Yep.... Just change the DNS settings back to what they were and then reset Netflix again and you're all set.
Thanks from:
15-01-2012, 02:41   #429
podgemonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sparrow View Post
Yep.... Just change the DNS settings back to what they were and then reset Netflix again and you're all set.
Just did this. It is incredible! Hope they don't crack on to the unblock me thing anytime soon. How does the US have Father Ted and the UK doesn't! The list of movies is fairly up to date and goes back a long way.

If anything netflix needs a favourites list of stuff i intend to watch in the future.
Advertisement
15-01-2012, 02:44   #430
titan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by podgemonster View Post
Just did this. It is incredible! Hope they don't crack on to the unblock me thing anytime soon. How does the US have Father Ted and the UK doesn't! The list of movies is fairly up to date and goes back a long way.

If anything netflix needs a favourites list of stuff i intend to watch in the future.
Aye,I really hope they don't.I'll subscribe to them and pay the money for UnblockUs, not sure if I'd do it for normal Irish selection
15-01-2012, 08:53   #431
Johnny Bitte

Have to say the selection of content isn't as bad as some have made out and I can see that new stuff is being added.

Watched Lost in Translation and The Machinst last, two films I never would have seen only that they are on Netflix.

Definitely second the need for a favourites option, seen a load of stuff I d like to save for later.

If the content improves further, I ll be signing up. Or using one of the methods mentioned here : )
15-01-2012, 09:24   #432
adox

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_e View Post

Hope they get more HBO stuff over the next few weeks (plus the foreign film section is a little lacking), would be great if The Wire was on it.
I've found the foreign film very good tbh. What lets Netflix down somewhat is the UI. It gives the impression that there are only a certain number of titles in every section, whereas if you put in a manual search for a particular title it may well show up, and you would never have stumbled across it without the specific search.

I watched Millenium trilogy over the last couple of nights and have ate least half a dozen Korean films that I've pencilled in to watch on Netflix.
15-01-2012, 10:32   #433
The Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goose135 View Post

Watched Lost in Translation and The Machinst last, two films I never would have seen only that they are on Netflix.
I agree. I watched Lost in Translation too the other day and I doubt I would ever have taken the time to check it out if it was not for the ease of Netflix. Really enjoyed it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adox View Post
I watched Millenium trilogy over the last couple of nights and have at least half a dozen Korean films that I've pencilled in to watch on Netflix.
What are the Korean movies? I'd like to check some out but I've no idea where to start.
15-01-2012, 11:20   #434
Turbine
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_e
Not gonna happen unfortunately. Sky have exclusive rights over HBO shows till 2015, and AFAIK now have exclusive first-see rights on AMC and Showtime shows too, meaning shows like Breaking Bad, Hell on Wheels, and Homeland will be on Sky Atlantic before anywhere else.
15-01-2012, 12:01   #435
adox

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sparrow View Post
What are the Korean movies? I'd like to check some out but I've no idea where to start.
A good starting point would be Old Boy and I Saw The Devil. Both two brilliant revenge thrillers. I'm pretty sure they are both on Netflix. Not for the faint hearted though.

I'll have a look later on Netflix and post up what ones I've marked to watch.
Thanks from:
Thread Closed