Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-10-2012, 13:38   #331
pixelburp

I believe who you think to be the best Bond girl depends on what Bond films you saw as a teenager - that'll tend to colour your opinion a little
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-10-2012, 13:41   #332
Mickeroo

TBH I don't mean best as in sexiest and I'm probably basing my opinion of her more on her performances in Supercop and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Thanks from:
18-10-2012, 13:46   #333
argentum

Had the pleasure in meeting Samatha Bond (moneypenny) the other evening.She was in the o2 for Jesus Christ Superstar watching her husband it it.I grew up with lois maxwell as moneypenny and never liked her.
18-10-2012, 19:53   #334
OU812

Decking Rick O'Shea twittering today about how disappointed he was with it. I want to see it without preformed opinions. Bad form or a self confessed film fan to do.
Thanks from:
18-10-2012, 20:02   #335
johnny_ultimate
Production Model EVA-02

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
Decking Rick O'Shea twittering today about how disappointed he was with it. I want to see it without preformed opinions. Bad form or a self confessed film fan to do.
To be fair if you want to go without preformed opinions then you should simply avoid the Internet and media entirely before a big film gets released. Of course people are going to be talking about whether they liked the film or not - cannot possibly see how it's bad form to do so, unless it's a spoilerific tweet.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-10-2012, 20:07   #336
OU812

He went into great detail about how full of plot holes & how bad it was spread across four tweets. I've turned off every possible connection I could with my various news feeds, have only watched one trailer & avoided every print article I could. I couldn't have done much more

I didn't even watch the music video in case it gave anything away
Thanks from:
18-10-2012, 20:38   #337
Scanlas The 2nd
Banned

I remember people were speaking of Halle berry as the best Bond girl. They even thought she should get a spin off. Such nonsense.
Thanks from:
18-10-2012, 21:09   #338
JohnP199

Quote:
Special Charity Screening of SKYFALL™

A special charity screening of the new James Bond film, SKYFALL™ will take place in the Savoy Cinema, Dublin on October 24th, in aid of two Irish charities, LARCC Cancer Support Centre and the Irish Cinema Benevolent Fund.

Tickets for this special screening are €50 and include a goody bag and a post film Heineken drinks reception in Lillie’s Bordello.

SKYFALL™ will be released in Ireland and internationally from 26th October 2012 by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios and Sony Pictures Releasing.

Daniel Craig is back as Ian Fleming’s James Bond 007 in SKYFALL™, the 23rd adventure of the longest-running film franchise of all time. In Skyfall, Bond’s loyalty to M is tested as her past comes back to haunt her. As M16 comes under attack, 007 must track down and destroy the threat, no matter how personal the cost. The film is from Albert R. Broccoli’s EON Productions, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, and Sony Pictures Entertainment. Directed by Sam Mendes. Produced by Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli. Written by Neal Purvis & Robert Wade and John Logan.

The film stars Daniel Craig, Judi Dench, Javier Bardem, Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Bérénice Marlohe, Albert Finney and Ben Whishaw.

Event: Special Charity Screening of SKYFALL™

Date: Wednesday, October 24th 2012

Time: 7.30pm

Venue: The Savoy Cinema, O’Connell Street, Dublin 1

To buy tickets, please phone 01 6761062 or email Tickets@Presence.ie
Anyone going to this?
18-10-2012, 21:15   #339
Bullseye1
Closed Account

For me Eva Green has been the best Bond Girl to date.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
18-10-2012, 21:24   #340
Paudie223

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP199 View Post

Anyone going to this?
I am, got my tickets last week! Looking forward to it!
18-10-2012, 23:51   #341
JohnP199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paudie223 View Post
I am, got my tickets last week! Looking forward to it!
Think I might as well. Are people suiting up for it do you know?
18-10-2012, 23:57   #342
Paudie223

Quote:

I asked the lady in the office and she said that its not strictly formal but people will more than likely be dressing up. I was at one of these before and people were suited up. There is a prize of a bottle of Bollinger for the best dressed man and woman. I'm going with 3 of the lads and we are suiting up. Not black tie but suits. Should be good fun, Bond is always the highlight of my cinema year. My understanding was that it was sold out but I am not sure.

Last edited by Paudie223; 19-10-2012 at 00:45.
19-10-2012, 11:02   #343
s.welstead

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
He went into great detail about how full of plot holes & how bad it was spread across four tweets. I've turned off every possible connection I could with my various news feeds, have only watched one trailer & avoided every print article I could. I couldn't have done much more

I didn't even watch the music video in case it gave anything away
So you're reading the Skyfall thread why???

Quote:
At the media screening there was only 2-3 suited up for it and they stood out and looked a bit silly as a result, each to their own though.

I had to laugh at the posters in the Savoy stating "You have a license to tweet #skyfall" and they then proceeded to check in everyones phone. Then they had the weather guy from TV3 plead with people to stay off twitter and the likes so as not to spoil it for others.
Thanks from:
19-10-2012, 12:49   #344
krudler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye1 View Post
For me Eva Green has been the best Bond Girl to date.
She's well up there in the best of them, is there for actual plot advancement instead of eye candy (even though she's that too)
19-10-2012, 12:55   #345
syklops

Quote:
Originally Posted by senordingdong View Post
Right, this is really bugging me.

Why do these new Bonds have to be throwing nods and winks to previous episodes? I find it really detracts from my enjoyment, and found that while CR had some necessity toward establishing a new continuity, my enjoyment of Qos was seriously strained having to throw my eyes to heaven at every single nod.
Sure why does he even have to be called James Bond. Why not name him Jerry Bondson , have him drink pink gins with no ice, and drive a Jaguar XKS. Oh and have him shoot a Makarov M3.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion