Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Severe storm alert for Meath Kildare Dublin

• 06-10-2011 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,268 ✭✭✭✭

Thursday 6 October 2011 _ 4:15 p.m.

Radar indicates powerful squall line developing through Meath heading south and likely to hit parts of Kildare and Dublin within the hour, alert lasts to 6 pm and may be updated further south. Potential for wind gusts to 70 mph and large hail, thunder, torrential downpours, and local (F0-1) tornado development. Watch for updates. Would appreciate any observations as squall line passes.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Was just looking at that trough/squall line on radar - looks really well formed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

It passed over us around 2pm and as I mentioned in the current conditions thread I got absolutely drenched! Nothing out of the usual here though, heavy rain/hail and strong gusts but its been like that with every shower. Seems to have intensified over land though

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

Just had a sustained squally shower pass over in the last 5 mins. Very gusty winds and the sun out now, wind WNW and the rain torrential, no hail or thunder and temperature currently 8c

• Registered Users Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

ill be on a train from Dublin to kildare soon, hope its dramatic !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭John.Icy

WOOO...some action...hope it can hold together till the athy area..looks very good on radar!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Seems like it's dissolving already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Should be right under it atm here in Meath according to the radar, not a lot happening - light to moderate rain, a bit breezy, that's it - unless it has a sting in it's tail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭highdef

Thanks for that.....looks very bad on radar alright. Should be hitting me in D 8 very soon. Getting dark now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Looking at the latest radar it looks like ordinary rain now, appears to be fizzling out. No reports from anyone about thunder etc, nothing showing up on Laois lightning detector.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Wind is picking up in South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

crazy wind in D9 right now!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Strong winds and moderate rain here, nothing to bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,723 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I was out in Killiney/Dalky earlier cycling and the wind was unreal.
    I also got a serious soaking on the way home and head to battle a strong headwind head home for Tallaght.
    If the weather gets worse than what I got earlier, this'll be MAD!

Edit: It's oddly still in Tallaght ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

* YAWNS *....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Fragmenting according to latest radar.

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

The Dublin Shields are up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Ha finally some justice. Ye got some great weather last week while the rest of the country got miserable rainy fog. Sounds bad but im secretly delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Unusual to see the country so equal at the moment, max gusts are 50 Knots, at the two extreme ends of the country! - cork and malin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

wobbles wrote: »
    Ha finally some justice. Ye got some great weather last week while the rest of the country got miserable rainy fog. Sounds bad but im secretly delighted.

Lovely blue sky now.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,268 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

The original feature on radar has moved well to the east now, but would not entirely cancel the alert due to further activity forming to the northwest now and heading into Meath again. May not be severe, but reports appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

In work at airport at moment and I can see it all the way from the meath direction over Dublin mountains out to Irish sea...impressive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

some really strong wind and very heavy rain today...

katia was a mere wet fart compared to this - around here anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭wing52

The isle of man shadow must have broke it up!!!!!

Alright, i know the wind's from the northwest.

Just larkin around:P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Rain shield to the rescue! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

passed over my office in the IFSC around 4.. unbelievable rain, heaviest i have seen in a long time, my eyes could have been deceiving me, but I thought I could see a bit of sleet in the mix!

Also mad that a week ago today it was almost 20 degrees hotter! Really chilly out tonight in D6

Advertisement