Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neil Francis-What a man!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭sportfanatic

Very good, no wonder he knows so little about rugby with so much else going on in his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Howrya Neil, welcome to Boards.ie

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I think it's hilarious!

He didn't look that interesting the time I saw him in Dunnes eyeing up some tinned beans though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Someone deleted it all....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

His piece in the Indo last sunday was a good chortle. Bigging up Donnacha Ryan as a future Ireland 7 :pac:

Seriously Neil if you're continually going to copy and paste other people's opinions into your articles you could at least get someone to proof read it !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Sport101

Excellent stuff, enjoyed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

All lies.

Especially this bit
    Present Neil Francis is a retired Irish rugby union lock-forward (he could also play at number 8).

...and he was a pretty awful second row.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Heres a good one from Francis "Years ago during the space race, NASA spent billions working on a pen that would work in zero gravity, that would work upside down, that would work in minus 300 degrees. Meanwhile the Russians were handing out pencils."
    His piece in the Indo last sunday was a good chortle. Bigging up Donnacha Ryan as a future Ireland 7 :pac:

I think he ment Dom Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Ill never forget, last January " if you're looking for someone tonlock your scrum for the next few years, Buckley is your man"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

profitius wrote: »

One can only hope. I found that an extremely odd comment otherwise.

Francis and Williams are an entertaining show on Setanta really. Whatever their flaws, they both know orders of magnitude more about then game then Hook.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭fitz

Heres a good one from Francis "Years ago during the space race, NASA spent billions working on a pen that would work in zero gravity, that would work upside down, that would work in minus 300 degrees. Meanwhile the Russians were handing out pencils."

He swiped that one from The West Wing!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

or
    fitz wrote: »

And Sorkin swiped it as well, its a decades old tale.

Anyway, Francis gets enough deserved criticism on here already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

fitz wrote: »

Actually a great storyline in Seinfeld based around the astronaut pen. 'Take the pen!".

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Podge_irl wrote: »
    One can only hope. I found that an extremely odd comment otherwise.

Francis and Williams are an entertaining show on Setanta really. Whatever their flaws, they both know orders of magnitude more about then game then Hook.

Are Franno and Williams back for this year? Hear rumours of Williams going to France.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

They are definitely on Setanta for the RWC anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Williams is gone to France. Racing is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

buck65 wrote: »
    Williams is gone to France. Racing is it?

He's going to Narbonne after the World Cup. He's involved in a consortium that bought the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭footie_fanatic

Yea its Neil Francis, Matt Williams and Ciaran Fitzgerald on Setanta this year, I do like Conor o shea on RTE but the other two sometimes are a bit much,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Actual fact about Neil Francis:

A couple of years ago, he wrote a column in the Tribune discussing the differences between amateur and professional players and then tried to pick teams on the basis of "how good would BOD have been as an amateur/how good would Slattery have been as a pro?"- so he ended up with the 15 players who would have been the best as amateurs, and the 15 who would have been the best as pros.

You know where this is going; he picked himself on both teams. I stopped regarding him as a serious rugby analyst after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Sport101

Ah Franno's good craic, and even though he's a WUM I'd rather read his articles on a Sunday morning than the other rugby journalists carbon copy blow by blow borefests, unless I'd actually missed the match that is.
    In fact I seem to remember BOD claiming that they drew inspiration/hatred from some of the ladyboy articles that Francis wrote, so in a way he actually won the Heineken cup for Leinster in 2009, what a guy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Nooooooo you don't say !!

I was wondering who was going to be first to feel the need to be "the bloody obvious pointer outer".

Advertisement