Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-08-2012, 17:00   #2926
punk77

2 - 1 FT. Great result but hanging on at the end. 6 pts out of 9. Will take that
Advertisement
25-08-2012, 17:32   #2927
KJ

Excellent result. 6 points from 9 is great considering we played 2 promotion favourites in there.
25-08-2012, 18:17   #2928
Hijpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
Excellent result. 6 points from 9 is great considering we played 2 promotion favourites in there.
what is it about the last 15 to 20 minutes that we cant stop leaking in one or two. same happend last season, it was either the first 15 or last 15 minutes of the game. lookin forward to Football League Show after.
25-08-2012, 18:27   #2929
Mushy

6 out of 9, I would have taken that anyway. The average of 2 points per game would be fantastic come May. Becchio starting off well makes me happy.
25-08-2012, 18:30   #2930
KJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijpo View Post
what is it about the last 15 to 20 minutes that we cant stop leaking in one or two. same happend last season, it was either the first 15 or last 15 minutes of the game. lookin forward to Football League Show after.
Clean sheets are a rare thing in Leeds (also applies to the b&b I stayed in last time I went over)
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
25-08-2012, 19:01   #2931
JokerD

Warnock said we won't be buying any players this week, loans at best. Good win today but the small squad will be very, very costly in the long run.
Thanks from:
26-08-2012, 12:07   #2932
SarahBM

again only about 30 seconds on the FLS.

everyone hates Leeds!!!
26-08-2012, 14:02   #2933
JokerD

Massive week ahead for us off the field, and in my opinion this week could very well shape our season for it's entirety. That might seem a bit extreme but I believe it to be the case. The squad is nowhere big enough and we'll be relying on a lack of injuries and suspensions to see us through.

There's even talk that we could lose Diouf on Tuesday and the emergency loan market is looking like our best option.

Warnock is being hamstrung at the minute, a combination of factors is meaning he's having to change his plans from game to game. Peltier has already had to play in three different positions across the backline, White has been switched around and Byram is being throwning in at the deep end.

Byram has done very well for us but I don't think Warnock planned on using him so much due to his age and lack of first team experience

We can't afford too many more injuries and players will also need a rest from time to time. We've got the nucleus of a squad capable to be contenders, but we need this takeover to go through.

The frustrating thing is that it appears the takeover is imperative as we just don't have the current finances to buy anymore players, Bates will want to sell and the buyers will want to get it done before the end of the transfer window, yet we're still waiting........
26-08-2012, 22:29   #2934
JokerD

Leeds United Supporters Trust Update: The Takeover - Present and Future

With the end of the transfer window less than a week away, Leeds United Supporters' Trust are very concerned by the lack of progress towards concluding the takeover of Leeds United.

The appearance of representatives from GFH Capital at Elland Road last weekend led to optimism that the drawn out process of negotiations would soon be over. The past week, however, has brought no further updates, and Neil Warnock is now publicly suggesting that he will have no money to strengthen the team over the next few days.

Despite his difficulties in building a competitive squad, Warnock has managed Leeds to two wins so far, and he and his players have enjoyed the vociferous backing of our fans as they battle to mount the promotion challenge we expected this season.

Manager, players and fans are all pulling together to make this season a success, but these efforts could be in vain if they are not matched by effort in the boardroom. L.U.S.T. have enjoyed better relations with the club this summer after Shaun Harvey attended our policing event, and we believe the bidders are willing to work with us to achieve the aims of our Vision Statement. Ken Bates, however, has continued his policy of dismissing the genuine concerns of supporters through his programme notes.

Over the last week L.U.S.T. have been inundated with requests for information, but we have felt that, with representatives of the buyers meeting publicly with Bates, a low-key period was the best approach in order to allow a deal time to be concluded. With time and financial constraints limiting Warnock's opportunities to prepare the team, we feel now is the right to time to bring that silence to an end.

The position as we understand it is as described in this weekend's articles by Phil Hay in the Yorkshire Evening Post and TimPM on The Scratching Shed, and as alluded to by Neil Warnock in his interviews. The lack of transfer funds is indicative of a poor cash flow situation at Elland Road, which could leave the club in a precarious position if investment is not found. The takeover deal is now split into three independent parts, with negotiations between the club, the buyers, and Ken Bates. During the negotiation process, the buyers have made payments into the club; due diligence was completed several weeks ago, and the buyers remain patient and determined to see the takeover through. We understand that a deal for the takeover for the club is all but complete, and only separate negotiations with Ken Bates are delaying the deal now.

This week's spontaneous 'Pen4Ken' protest showed that many Leeds fans want the takeover deal to be signed as soon as possible, so that the club can concentrate all its efforts on building for the future. We expect there will be many more demonstrations of this kind if a deal is not completed, and L.U.S.T. will always be supportive of fans who wish to make their voices heard in peaceable and original ways.

We ask that Ken Bates, the club, and the buyers take serious notice of the wishes of the fans, and conclude the takeover as soon as possible. L.U.S.T.’s Vision Statement calls for change at Leeds United, and for three months now we have been on the brink of perhaps the most significant change Elland Road has seen for years. The future of Leeds United is more important than the personal interests of Ken Bates, and all parties involved in the negotiations need to pull out all the stops to make sure that the present opportunity is not squandered, and that the future of Leeds United is a positive one.

Supporters can also join more than 7,500 other Leeds fans and have their voice heard as members of the Leeds United Supporters’ Trust by filling in the form atwww.lufctrust.org. Membership is free. Keep checking for updates on www.lufctrust.org, and our Facebook and Twitter pages
Advertisement
26-08-2012, 22:53   #2935
JokerD

L.U.S.T ending their silence is good timing, it has been rumoured that the bidders have already put money into the club and this confirms it. That's a big step by them and surely Bates needs to sell.

Let's say they've funded contracts that the current regime couldn't pay, if Bates pulls out now then the club will still have to pay those contracts.

Other alternatives is they've given the club a loan or maybe have bought some shares already.

Either way it's a bit more pressure to get the deal done.
26-08-2012, 23:48   #2936
Hijpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
L.U.S.T ending their silence is good timing, it has been rumoured that the bidders have already put money into the club and this confirms it. That's a big step by them and surely Bates needs to sell.

Let's say they've funded contracts that the current regime couldn't pay, if Bates pulls out now then the club will still have to pay those contracts.

Other alternatives is they've given the club a loan or maybe have bought some shares already.

Either way it's a bit more pressure to get the deal done.
More than likely why mcormack stayed, why else would he??
27-08-2012, 12:08   #2937
punk77

QUOTE (boozie @ Aug 27 2012, 10:26 AM)
I've said before the buyers currently at the table are in it for the long haul. They have invested too much £ into this takeover just to let it collapse. They want Leeds United and are in no rush to push it through. The longer this goes on the bigger the pressure on Bates to sell, the money is running out and he knows the buyers are ready to step in. They are in a great negotiation position.

I estimated that their legal fees are already between 1 and 2 million (probably nearer two) and they have already paid 4million to the club. They are not going to walk away from that kind of money because Bates wants to play games. These are big boys who have played with bigger boys(I was going to say fish but that just leads to more puns) than Ken Bates.

I don't see this happening before Friday (just my opinion) but I do still see this happening.*

* I base all this on the last update I had on Saturday, who knows what has gone on since then. LUST statement should hopefully rattle Bates some more.

QUOTE (boozie @ Aug 27 2012, 10:47 AM)
Re: the money put into the club. I don't know the exact terms on which this was given. However, I understand there has been much negotiation about this. The buyers believed this was for the club for transfers/wages/general cash-flow. Bates believes this was for him because he allowed them exclusivity! There was a huge disagreement about this money but I understand this has been resolved. I dont know how it has been resolved.

The only remaining issue is Bates taking his legal advice from the lawyers he hired and signing the thing.

QUOTE (billyisgod @ Aug 27 2012, 10:45 AM)
very pleased to see the statement to our members being so well recieved, we have not been able to add much to what is already in the public domain but felt it was important we summarised the situation as we understand it just to try and bring some reason to the debate and answer the thousands of requests we have had.

can i also say a big thanks to boozie who is putting a lot of meat on the bones so to speak, he is doing you all a great service and deserves a lot of credit for that, cheers boozie

Last edited by punk77; 27-08-2012 at 15:54.
(3) thanks from:
28-08-2012, 19:03   #2938
SarahBM

what do ye think the chances of the Notts forest game being moved for telly? I was thinking of going
28-08-2012, 19:22   #2939
punk77

Tonight's team vs Oxford:

Ashdown, Lees, Kisnorbo, Pearce, Drury, Byram, Brown, Austin, White, Gray, Diouf

As today was supposedly d-day for signing Diouf, I'm not sure if his inclusion means we've signed him.
28-08-2012, 20:22   #2940
Tarquin1970

2-0 Austin & Byram
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size