Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

07-07-2011, 19:39   #1
Mr. G

What irish VoiP provider you recommend and why?

Hi everyone,

I'm interested to know what voip provider you use and why would you recommend them or why you hate them. We have been with blueface for a while now, and being a business you can't hang onto a company who are always having downtime.

The most known to me are (only irish please, the betamox companies are not good, we need vat invoices and transfer number, lowcall maybe, DIDs).:
Goldfish.ie
Zentelecom.ie
Blueface.ie
Claritytele.com
Freespeech.ie

Thanks in advance
MrG

Last edited by Mr. G; 07-07-2011 at 19:43.
Advertisement
10-07-2011, 16:24   #2
huggs2

If you live in a UPC area their phone service is the best.Beats every one else
for audio quality and trouble free.
06-08-2011, 22:53   #3
WillieFlynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggs2 View Post
If you live in a UPC area their phone service is the best.Beats every one else
for audio quality and trouble free.
A workmate who has UPC phone service, has told me that sometime callers hear a ringing tone even though their phone didn't ring, rather than getting unavailable or busy. So people have been asking him why he never answers his phone.

I have found the audio quality fine when using blueface with various networks including UPC. For calls within Ireland and to the UK, France and Finland.

Blueface also have a useful dial through service for mobile phones, which allows you to dial a landline and call onwards with out being ripped off by the mobile phone companies.
09-08-2011, 16:06   #4
CompanyBureau

Have used Blueface and find them dreadful. I am considering moving to G7Eleven has anyone used them?
09-08-2011, 16:08   #5
Tim M-U
Closed Account

Yes, however blueface are one of the only irish voip providers that port numbers. We are hanging on to the them for a while until other voip companies start up. Have to say no problems since the voicemail fax issue.
Advertisement
10-08-2011, 12:02   #6
fbit_colin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompanyBureau View Post
Have used Blueface and find them dreadful. I am considering moving to G7Eleven has anyone used them?
G7Eleven dont publish any prices or products on their site. I think they only give you details if you purchase the 3cx system from them

I use Blueface and resell it. They are the only real option for VoIP in Ireland at the moment
16-08-2011, 12:11   #7
trevorcoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Grumpy View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm interested to know what voip provider you use and why would you recommend them or why you hate them. We have been with blueface for a while now, and being a business you can't hang onto a company who are always having downtime.

The most known to me are (only irish please, the betamox companies are not good, we need vat invoices and transfer number, lowcall maybe, DIDs).:
Goldfish.ie
Zentelecom.ie
Blueface.ie
Claritytele.com
Freespeech.ie

Thanks in advance
MrG
Mr. G

I am a Solutions Consultant for a company called SIPtrunks.ie we offer voip services and can manage telephony systems and traffic. You can view our details on www.siptrunks.ie . I would be delighted to discuss this opportunity with you.

Talk to you soon.
Trevor
17-08-2011, 09:21   #8
trevorcoyle

Telcom are a good Voip provider they are based in Rathfarnham Dublin.
18-08-2011, 14:15   #9
Snaga

SmartTelecom/Digiweb and Magnet offer SIP trunk services (I'm sure some of the other larger Telco types do also) - but you need a SIP PBX of some sort to avail of them. (I'm not sure if you need to be OnNet with them to avail of the SIP services - but worth asking).

The old argument of increased cost of a SIP PBX vs handsets registered remotely crops up all of the time - however if your main complaint is with downtime - then you should investigate something with local survivability (A SIP PBX with PSTN gateway or combo-box).

Keep one or two PSTN lines in the office for when the internet circuit or voip provider keels over and have a reroute/forwarding plan if possible for incoming calls to your main numbers.

I think two of the above mentioned companies, G7Eleven and Telcom also offer SIP trunk services as well. (As I am sure do Blueface and most of the other SIP operators you mention in your original post).

Pricing availability seems scant on most of their websites, best to ring around I think.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-09-2011, 14:51   #10
PlanIT Computing

Send a message via Skype™ to PlanIT Computing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaga View Post
SmartTelecom/Digiweb and Magnet offer SIP trunk services (I'm sure some of the other larger Telco types do also) - but you need a SIP PBX of some sort to avail of them. (I'm not sure if you need to be OnNet with them to avail of the SIP services - but worth asking).
You do not need a SIP PBX with Magnet, they provide both hosted [offsite] and onsite PBX, the onsite PBX costs extra per month.

You can also use your own VoIP phones with Magnet but don't expect support on them

At the moment, they've locked sip registrations down to their own IP's / network, so you might need to use their broadband to access their VoIP solution. There may be exceptions, different circumstances per client etc..
Thanks from:
14-09-2011, 15:46   #11
maurice1

I bought the Blueface offer for €200 incl:
siemens A58H cordless phone
porting of my eircom 01 number.

I also have my Broad Band with UPC so no more line rental.
I've been using the service for 18 months and it has been perfect,
I've never missed a call and the sound is perfect.

I love the way the answering machine on the line emails me a .wav file, great if I am on holidays.

I really couldn't recommend them enough.
I also use voipgain 5c/min on my siemens handset to call mobiles as Blueface's mobile charges are steep.

If you are tempted to move use speedtest.net to test your latency and if it is below 50ms I think you are good to go.

I have no relationship with the company except being a customer
02-12-2011, 23:07   #12
g7eleven

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbit_colin View Post
G7Eleven dont publish any prices or products on their site. I think they only give you details if you purchase the 3cx system from them

I use Blueface and resell it. They are the only real option for VoIP in Ireland at the moment
Hi All,

Nick here from G7eleven. Just spotted this thread, thought I might clarify for you if that's cool.

G7eleven's core business is that of hand holding clients through the process of converting from ISDN BRI, PRI and FRA as well as PSTN to the world of VoIP. Most other companies in Ireland will convert you, but not with the ability of first using the technology and understanding if it truly fits with your business.

A good example of this is that we will provide a business with a Primary Rate ISDN service from Eircom a full billing cycle trial of our system. During this time, the inbound calls will still come in over the Eircom circuit, but the outbound will go via our SIP trunking service. During the trial we will work closely with the client to ensure that they are happy with the service and help them prioritise the VoIP traffic over their existing network traffic, something again which none of the SIP providers we have used (we used to be customers as well) ever did.

We understand business, VoIP and Network technology, and want to make it easy for the end user to move to VoIP, but most importantly..... stay with the technology.

Right.... I have officially made this sound like an advert for G7eleven. Not my intention, but I wanted to clarify what we did!

On a sidenote, we are also the only Irish 3CX SIP service which is officially supported on the 3CX platform. We went through extensive testing to get this certification from 3CX.

Lastly, our rates are available to anyone that is seriously interested in our service. We are a small company, and we control our rates according to the customers specific needs. To give you an idea..... we can beat anyone if the amount of traffic is high enough. We do not provide package deals, as if you examine any of them, the reality is that none are really "a deal".

Hope this answers some of your questions!

(For the record, Company Bureau mentioned in this thread above are now a client of ours) Hopefully they will respond to let you all know how the install of 3CX and the Trunk went for them!

Cheers,

Nick
http://g7eleven.com
09-12-2011, 11:11   #13
djklauss

Do you know irishvoip

Here is the site for http://irishvoip.ie/
10-12-2011, 17:56   #14
Johnboy1951

Quote:
Originally Posted by djklauss View Post
Their rates look reasonable ..... they claim no minimum charge, but it seems that a one minute charge per call would be the minimum ...... do you know if this is correct?
They bill per minute and not per second?

The other noticeable thing is that once you begin to get into detail on the site, it begins to show as irishvoip.co.uk .... so it seems to be a UK company? Not that I am greatly bothered, but would like to know.
11-12-2011, 18:01   #15
nava

Quote:
Originally Posted by djklauss View Post
Looks like site down now

Quote:
Page load failed!
Failed loading document header
http://www.wix.com/api/getDocHeaderOld
docName:,userNick:,clientID:,docId:Pgtu9w66oX4-a,pageId:siteId:pageNum:0
Thread Closed