Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-07-2011, 14:32   #1
AislingM18

GTI Galway - Beauty course - Fees

Hi, I've just been accepted to GTI to do a beauty course, its not the two-year one. Its a one year course. I had to pay €255 fee today and just wondering will I need to pay more fees? or if anyone has done this course, Do I have to buy a kit/uniform? The course i'm doing is Certificate in Beauty Therapy, its more like a beautician receptionist course, I think :/ Appreciate any help.
Advertisement
04-07-2011, 14:39   #2
Spear

Moved from N&F.
04-07-2011, 14:42   #3
AislingM18

what does that mean? lol
new to boards!
04-07-2011, 20:50   #4
elvis99

Well done on getting accepted, I had to pay a once off fee last year for my course at GTI but I know some of the other classes such as hairdressing, etc have to pay for equipment and the like. So assuming you'll need equipment you will have to pay for it.

When did you have your interview if you don't mind me asking?, i'm still waiting to hear back from them on a different course
04-07-2011, 23:27   #5
AislingM18

Thank you, I was just wondering was there more fees I have to pay nearer to when I start for exams or anything. I had my interview May 28th I think and I got my letter of acceptance on June 21st.

I hope you hear back from them soon!
Advertisement
05-07-2011, 20:36   #6
darercabeirne

:)

hey ya think my friend doin that course and she said you have ta pay alot of money.. i applied 4 make up artistry and still waitin 4 a reply hopin to get in.. do u no ne 1 who went 4 that course? x
06-07-2011, 13:08   #7
AislingM18

Hey Darerca, I applied for the make-up artistry as my 3rd choice, I think there is more interviews in August. You should ring them and ask about it.
06-07-2011, 21:28   #8
darercabeirne

i rang them 2day and they said that the letters for this course have still not went out yet? i rele want to get into this course.. do u no if i dont get accepted 1st time round can i go 4 the 2nd round interviews?? would love to no if any1 has applied 4the course 4 there 1st choice?? thanks
14-07-2011, 22:58   #9
kob29

Quote:
Originally Posted by darercabeirne View Post
i rang them 2day and they said that the letters for this course have still not went out yet? i rele want to get into this course.. do u no if i dont get accepted 1st time round can i go 4 the 2nd round interviews?? would love to no if any1 has applied 4the course 4 there 1st choice?? thanks
Second round interviews are more than likely only offered to people who are successful in the first round for a limited number of places. I hope for your sake you read through your application form before submitting it if this post is anything to go by. How about writing properly and not in text speak and also considering a spell check? Surely this is something someone seeking to get into further studies and a year from being potentially qualified should be prioritising.
Advertisement
31-07-2011, 21:20   #10
rowdy_1989

i did that course last year,there are more fees to pay as far as i remember..and then towards exam time you have more to pay to cover exams and the like!cant remember offhand how much more i had to pay tho..sorry!
03-08-2011, 21:20   #11
magztar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AislingM18 View Post
Hi, I've just been accepted to GTI to do a beauty course, its not the two-year one. Its a one year course. I had to pay €255 fee today and just wondering will I need to pay more fees? or if anyone has done this course, Do I have to buy a kit/uniform? The course i'm doing is Certificate in Beauty Therapy, its more like a beautician receptionist course, I think :/ Appreciate any help.

I got into that course aswell!!See ya in Sept I know 2 girls that did it before me they said we have to buy our own kit and thats cost them 80euro but apparently its crap,way better if ya buy ya own stuff and proper brushes aswell.We have to buy the tunic too from the college,I was going to buy it off amazon but they said they change it every year!
I dont know about books because theyre giving me theirs but i can ask them for ya and see where ya can get them cheap too!

I havent heard anymore about our induction yet because I moved to galway ,Was in to the college to change my address but their system wouldn't change it Have you had a letter about it yet??
11-08-2011, 00:25   #12
AislingM18

Quote:
Originally Posted by magztar View Post
I got into that course aswell!!See ya in Sept I know 2 girls that did it before me they said we have to buy our own kit and thats cost them 80euro but apparently its crap,way better if ya buy ya own stuff and proper brushes aswell.We have to buy the tunic too from the college,I was going to buy it off amazon but they said they change it every year!
I dont know about books because theyre giving me theirs but i can ask them for ya and see where ya can get them cheap too!

I havent heard anymore about our induction yet because I moved to galway ,Was in to the college to change my address but their system wouldn't change it Have you had a letter about it yet??
Hi, no I haven't heard anything about registration day or anything, I was actually getting a bit worried. Have your friends that done the course said if its a good course or if its tough or anything? I only noticed after I was accepted that its more of a business studies course?
11-08-2011, 01:35   #13
magztar

Yeah in the first year its very like recieptionist/front of office and do nails aswell,If you go on for the 2nd year you get to do more of the beauty side of things.
They got on fine,they said they never had any problems and they both did the 2 years,1 of the girls is working on a cruise ship doing beauty and 1 is working in a salon now.

Yeah I think i'm gonna call down to them about it,getting a bit worried now myself because its so near .
12-08-2011, 19:57   #14
magztar

Rang GTI today ,she said its not for def but induction day will be Monday 5th of sept,She said we would get a text message before,I'd say we'll get it next week after all the leaving cert results are out.

Also found out today theres a student service charge of 200euro,I remeber the lady in the interview saying something about it but with nerves went clean out of my head,Dont know for def yet ,Id say they say something about it on the day,It's a new goverment charge for this year so I'd say put away 200 euro just incase

I'm getting all excited now just have to get childcare sorted now!See ya on the 5th!
16-08-2011, 01:05   #15
AislingM18

Quote:
Originally Posted by magztar View Post
Rang GTI today ,she said its not for def but induction day will be Monday 5th of sept,She said we would get a text message before,I'd say we'll get it next week after all the leaving cert results are out.

Also found out today theres a student service charge of 200euro,I remeber the lady in the interview saying something about it but with nerves went clean out of my head,Dont know for def yet ,Id say they say something about it on the day,It's a new goverment charge for this year so I'd say put away 200 euro just incase

I'm getting all excited now just have to get childcare sorted now!See ya on the 5th!
Oh no, I'm actually on holidays that day. Going away on the 3rd. Will have to ring them now to try sort something. I think I will need to put more than €200 away, Just looking at houses online now, Very expensive in Galway! Oh well, still looking forward to getting started

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion