Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LIVE Movie Quiz Returns!

• 17-06-2011 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭

BGT_LogoSig.jpg

PRESENTS

LIVE.jpg

We're back! The Mercantile, Dame Street, Dublin 2. Thursday July 14th 2011, Doors at 7.30 pm.

Concentrate, Frustrate, Back-Stab, Celebrate! When a table quiz gets this chaotic, you can’t help but lose control. Live Movie Quiz! is the ultimate table quiz experience, exclusive to Blue Gun Theatre, which gives the joy of performance, the thrill of a quiz show, and the audience interaction you won’t find anywhere else! Created specifically with party gaming and film on stage in mind, the show was launched in March 2011 in The Mercantile.

The quiz sees teams answering film trivia questions while competing in the fictional game show, Live Movie Quiz! As with most quiz shows the winner of the game is the team with the most points. However, how you get there is a different story.

Nominate, steal, avoid the bomb, or go it alone - to win this game you are going to have to be ruthless. The show has a multi-round format featuring eight individual rounds and 3 bonus rounds. The exact rounds may vary from quiz-to-quiz, with each round being explained on the night by the host.

On the night there will be four performed movie scenes on stage by a group of talented individuals. Bring up those movie memories and get carried away in the spirit of the night. There's even great raffle prizes and a bar!

Live Movie Quiz! is perfect for anyone who wants an exhilarating night out they'll never forget.

Live Movie Quiz! carries an advisory age limit of 18+.

Tickets will be 10 euro per person, and teams can be sorted on the night. The tickets will go on sale shortly and we will notify you here first! :D

If you are interested in auditioning for a part, or just want to know more about it, leave a comment or PM myself, DoctorGonzo08 or my PIC Deleted User.

http://www.facebook.com/blueguntheatre
    https://groups.google.com/group/BlueGun

Thanks to Sad Professor and the other mods for letting us put this up here!

Comments

I really thought you were calling me something else there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

I really thought you were calling me something else there...

Can't imagine what :P

The scene's have been confirmed for the night with the running theme being Comedy. THe four scenes are:

and the fourth will be a very special presentation, but you'll have to be there to find out. But for the purpose of the discussion here's another:

The main aim of the pieces we chose are that we think they can be adapted to stage. What other one's do you think we could do??

We are going to be holding auditions for the roles for the night shortly, with actors will be paid 10% of the ticket sales each, so send us a PM if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

sweet

Yup. Auditions This Thursday 18.30-20.00 in the City Centre. PM if you want to give it a shot!

Sending an email around work, might have a few people interested

• Advertisement

Auditions for the 4 pieces will be this Thursday, 30th June, from 6.30 pm to 8 pm. We are looking for 3 male and 1 female. If you are interested in auditioning for a part send me a PM, or Pappa Dolla.

Actors will be paid 10% of ticket sales each for the night, and have to be available for rehearsals between Friday 1st July and Wednesday 13th July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 The Aspirations Coach

I'm so there!! Table for 5 please!! Sent the link around to my contacts as well! Really looking forward to it!!

I'm so there!! Table for 5 please!! Sent the link around to my contacts as well! Really looking forward to it!!

That's great news, looking forward to seeing you there. We are setting up an online ticket sales with entertainment.ie and we will post the link up here as soon as it is online.

To any who have PM'd, we will send you the link also. Live Movie Quiz Show will be limited to 15 tables also for the purpose of the game, so snap up those places quickly!

put me down for 2

Hey Allan,

Is that two tables or two people?

• Advertisement

Just a reminder for all interested in dropping by tonight:

Auditions for Blue Gun Theatre's 'LIVE MOVIE QUIZ SHOW' will take place on Thursday 30th June from 6 - 8 pm, downstairs in The Mercantile, Dame St, Dublin 2.

We are looking to cast 3 Male & 1 Female to play characters in the stage adaption of scene's form:
    • Dumb & Dumber
    • Clerks II
    • Wedding Crashers
    • Mystery Scene
    Actors must be available for rehearsals between Friday 1st July & Wednesday 13th July.

Actors will be paid 10%, each, of ticket sales for their performance on Thursday 14th of July.

If you are interested, PM myself or Pappa Dolla, for a slot, or alternatively contact 087 764 0204.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭roganjosh

this sounds great. can't believe how few movie quizzes take place in dublin city. not sure about getting time off work for this one though. probably working late that night

Tickets now available through www.tickets.ie :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭roganjosh

Tickets booked. Should be a good night

anyone else going tonight,

me and the missus going if people wanna team up

allanb49 wrote: »
    anyone else going tonight,

me and the missus going if people wanna team up

You should have quite a selection, it's looking like some may not make it in if they haven't already booked.

There are some tickets available on the door but it's first come first serve, so, if you haven't already got a ticket, try and get there a little early so you won't be disappointed.

couldn't make it at the last minute last night, had to head home and fix some issues at home, :( how went the night?

The night was brilliant! 2 Tables off a full house in the end, and the audience were fantastic. It was chaotic, both backstage, and out in the crowd. I really hope all who went enjoyed it, and would love to hear what you all thought.

We will have photo's from the night put up on our Facebook page shortly, all thanks to DeVore.

We have already being making plans for a Christmas Special, but after some feedback from the night, we are starting to look at the possibility of running LMQS III in September, so keep an eye out :)

awww

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Table 8 here :)

All in all defo a good bit of craic and would easily go to another one that you's organise.

Fair play to you's for organising it I am sure it was pretty busy/hectic trying to get it all together but your crew done an excellent job.

Thought the live movie scenes were brilliant and the Wedding Crashers was my favourite of the night "Ma wheres the meatloaf" :D

I like the way you's have it laid out that you can't be some monkey sitting their on a smartphone trying to Google some answer's.

Good rounds good questions :)

Only two small gripes but nothing crazy, the scores imo need to be updated a little better as I know for our team and I think one/two others we had to question the addition of points, granted busy night lots to get through, also I wasn't a fan of the last round were you have to try and get the attention of your members bit too messy.

But I have to commend you's for a great show and trying to bring something new to the table, so keep up the good work and I'll be back :cool:

• Advertisement

Thank you Table 8 :)

Yep, you got the smartphone issue in one. We can't stop people from using them, so we set up the layout so that it really won't do you any good. (especially if another table sees you doing it!)

You are spot on with the 'Stewards Enquiries'. We noted that last night afterwards and, we have decided to have a dedicated score keeper for the night. He/She will also keep a record of each teams scores, bonus round scores and all addition and subtractions scores from the last rounds so that if a check is called we will be able to sort it staraight away. It will also speed up the updating of the scoreboard too. (Although, there may be a twist to that at the next ;))

The 'Point Stealer' Round is integral to the show as a whole as it enables several teams to compete for the final prize. However, it is being tweaked from last night, to clean it up. Because like you said it did get a little messy. One change will be that the question will be asked first, then the team is chosen to answer. We are working on a couple of different options as to how the team is selected but can't give away too much :)

Thank you for coming down, and well done on the night. Thank you for your feedback too, and we'll see you at the next one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Table 8 here :)

Thought the live movie scenes were brilliant and the Wedding Crashers was my favourite of the night "Ma wheres the meatloaf" :D

I wasn't a fan of the last round were you have to try and get the attention of your members bit too messy.

But I have to commend you's for a great show and trying to bring something new to the table, so keep up the good work and I'll be back :cool:

I thought you looked familiar tyler. I've seen you at some poker things but couldn't place you last night.
    Who won in the end? Was it your table?

Wedding Crashers was my favorite scene too (even though I was in some of the others). Think its a great idea that the lads had the live movie scenes in the quiz. Just adds something a bit different to the whole thing and it sets it apart from other quizzes. I think the format is great because there's always someone who knows everything about movies but this quiz gives everyone a chance, even if you're not a film buff. I'm glad I was behind the curtain because for a few of the questions there were lots of puzzled looks and head-scratching going on backstage so congrats to anyone who knew the answers because I certainly didn't!
    I would agree that the last round was a bit chaotic but it was also good fun. I'm sure the lads will come up with something to make it better the next time as I know they are always striving to improve the show.
    I'd like to thank everyone who attended. You were all very respectful and appreciative when we were acting out the scenes and that is always very much appreciated by us who put in the work to bring it to you. I hope that everyone had a good night and I'm already looking forward to the next one. Whether it be as part of the crew or part of the audience, I will definitely be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Thank you Table 8 :)

Yep, you got the smartphone issue in one. We can't stop people from using them, so we set up the layout so that it really won't do you any good. (especially if another table sees you doing it!)

You are spot on with the 'Stewards Enquiries'. We noted that last night afterwards and, we have decided to have a dedicated score keeper for the night. He/She will also keep a record of each teams scores, bonus round scores and all addition and subtractions scores from the last rounds so that if a check is called we will be able to sort it staraight away. It will also speed up the updating of the scoreboard too. (Although, there may be a twist to that at the next ;))

The 'Point Stealer' Round is integral to the show as a whole as it enables several teams to compete for the final prize. However, it is being tweaked from last night, to clean it up. Because like you said it did get a little messy. One change will be that the question will be asked first, then the team is chosen to answer. We are working on a couple of different options as to how the team is selected but can't give away too much :)

Thank you for coming down, and well done on the night. Thank you for your feedback too, and we'll see you at the next one!

I had a big post made out last night then I lost the thing :(

Dedicated score keeper gets a big thumbs up from me well done on that little tweak.

Pointer stealer round is excellent but something just a little more balanced and you's will defo be onto a winner.

Looking forward to it, keep up the good work.
    I thought you looked familiar tyler. I've seen you at some poker things but couldn't place you last night.
    Who won in the end? Was it your table?

Wedding Crashers was my favorite scene too (even though I was in some of the others). Think its a great idea that the lads had the live movie scenes in the quiz. Just adds something a bit different to the whole thing and it sets it apart from other quizzes. I think the format is great because there's always someone who knows everything about movies but this quiz gives everyone a chance, even if you're not a film buff. I'm glad I was behind the curtain because for a few of the questions there were lots of puzzled looks and head-scratching going on backstage so congrats to anyone who knew the answers because I certainly didn't!
    I would agree that the last round was a bit chaotic but it was also good fun. I'm sure the lads will come up with something to make it better the next time as I know they are always striving to improve the show.
    I'd like to thank everyone who attended. You were all very respectful and appreciative when we were acting out the scenes and that is always very much appreciated by us who put in the work to bring it to you. I hope that everyone had a good night and I'm already looking forward to the next one. Whether it be as part of the crew or part of the audience, I will definitely be there.

Ah I am a little confused as I seen a bloke I know from poker there as well but he was in the crowd so please forgive me for being a little confused as I can't figure out who you are :confused:

Apologies for the lack of face recognition :o small world, also there was a chick at the table behind us and she lives around the corner from me but I wouldn't know her to well.

I think you's have found a nice little niche here, been to other movie quiz's and this by far had been my favourite good mixture of questions but nothing ott that you would have to be some kind of super geek to get them.

Keep doing what you are doing guys some great stuff and best of luck for future endeavors :)

willferrell.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

You wouldn't know me from any poker stuff. I'm not really into it. I just remember seeing you at some poker thing ages ago and when I saw you at the quiz I knew your face but didn't know from where.

Glad you enjoyed the quiz. Thanks for the support.

On the topic of the Live Movie Scene's, what Movies do people think would work well on stage, or what scene's would you like to see included in the next one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gondola prince of venice

Hey, just got wind of your quizzes today. They sound really unique. I'll definitely attend the next one. What movie scenes have you acted out on stage previously? Just so i don't give any suggestions you might have already done.

So far we've done:
    Part I:
    Scream,
    Princess Bride,
    Desperado,
    Pulp Fiction

Part II
    Dumb and Dumber,
    Clerks II
    Wedding Crashers
    And we adapted Super Troopers and turned it into Super Siochana

You can have a look at the pictures from the last one on our facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/blueguntheatre

For the next Live quiz in September, we'll be focusing on trilogies :D

One last thing- Are you picking the scenes based on the harder the better or whichever would provoke the most reaction or laughter from the audience? Just trying to check the temperature on what you guys do.

One last thing- Are you picking the scenes based on the harder the better or whichever would provoke the most reaction or laughter from the audience? Just trying to check the temperature on what you guys do.

Neither really. We just use the question "Can the movie be staged?" If yes, then we perform a scene from it, if not then no.

For instance, We did a scene from Pulp Fiction, as we think this can be easily performed on stage, whereas we could never do The Matrix.

• Advertisement

Been fairly complacent in my replying. When is the 3rd quiz planned? I can have two tables guaranteed for the night.

Advertisement