Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-05-2011, 20:23   #1
jrochie

Ryanair online check in

Hi guys,

Just after booking a flight for a buddy of mine in london for tomorrow with ryanair, and i selected online check in, but just clicked with me that he wont be able to get to a printer to print his boarding pass. Can he just check in at the airport?

Thanks
Advertisement
12-05-2011, 20:41   #2
mikedragon32
Closed Account

No option but to check in online.

To the Internet cafe!
12-05-2011, 20:42   #3
electronic

Ryanair charge 40 euro to check in if you dont do it online!they also close online check in option 4 hours before flight and will charge you 40 if you miss it.i found this out the hard way and ended up paying 80 euro for myself and girlfriends check in when our flights were only half that.if i was you id tell your mate to find an internet cafe.
12-05-2011, 20:43   #4
Mint Sauce
Full of minty goodness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrochie View Post
Hi guys,

Just after booking a flight for a buddy of mine in london for tomorrow with ryanair, and i selected online check in, but just clicked with me that he wont be able to get to a printer to print his boarding pass. Can he just check in at the airport?

Thanks
He can. But it will cost him.
Thanks from:
12-05-2011, 21:00   #5
m.j.w

if he is staying in a hotel just tell him to ask in reception if he could print it off, i done that before
Advertisement
12-05-2011, 21:04   #6
jrochie

The websie confuses me, it says there is a charge if you need to reprint your boarding pass, but then on the terms m conditions with the charges, it says says n/a for the fee! So in that case couldn't I check him in and then he can just get em reprinted??
12-05-2011, 21:27   #7
undo

Send a message via ICQ to undo Send a message via MSN to undo Send a message via Skype™ to undo
You can reprint the boarding pass yourself free of charge. So for example if your printer jams or you run out of paper, you can reprint the boarding pass later for free. This seems like an obvious feature but it actually used to be unavailable for Ryanair some time ago.

If you arrive at the airport without a boarding pass and ask Ryanair to reprint it, you have to pay €40.
13-05-2011, 12:07   #8
jrochie

To update everyone, i just met my buddy so he got home alright!! I asked him that he have any hassle and he said no it was grand! So looks like he didnt have to pay anything extra and had no problem just checking in at the airport!
13-05-2011, 12:12   #9
undo

Send a message via ICQ to undo Send a message via MSN to undo Send a message via Skype™ to undo
Maybe he used one of the check-in machines? Ryanair have been rolling these out at many airports but their website does not make it clear whether these attract the €40 fee or not. I have never been brave enough to skip checking in from home and try the machines.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion